Thread: Coilovers

Rides

Coilovers

I know this may get a lot of Bias, but can anyone tell me how good BC Racing Coilovers are?

Other forums are suggesting Tein are poor quality and I was looking at getting Flex Coilovers for my Z34 and using the EDFC active pro i got when I was thinking about fixing S13...

But a lot of the Americans are saying BC racing..

Would they work with Aircups? The Teins will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Personally I think they're generic Chinese shit. My mate had a set on a Suzuki Swift Sport and they were impossibly stiff even on softest settings and I really didn't think much of them at all. They looked a decade old at 2-3 years old.

From memory, I think a certain Mr Simpson might be knocking these out as UK Supplier these days....

Rides
    You will never get a straight answer to this because there of the 100 replies you get, perhaps 3 or 4 of them will be from people eligible to form an opinion as the rest will have never driven on anything else. And of those, maybe 1 or 2 of them have the ability to objectively assess them and interpret the differences from knowledge of their car.

I just bought some Flex Z's for the S14. I haven't run them up yet, but they're a solid looking piece. If you read the Tein spiel, Flex Z is a new breed these days, particularly when it comes to corrosion protection.

If I don't like them, I'll sell them and swap.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Mr Simpson is indeed the man for BC these days but I dont think they are generic shit, Ive heard good things and prob would go for them on a 200.
    Id steer clear of Teins these days, Ive got some Meister GTs on my BMW that I cant rate highly enough but they are a bit more expensive than when I picked them up, HSD are reasonably good too
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I run apex gen2’s which are rebranded bc’s iirc. Prefer them to my old hsd’s
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I’ve also heard that apex are rebranded BC racing coilovers.

Personally I think they are well made and ride nicely. Limo spec here lol 4/3kg springs, very nice on the road compared with 5/4kg hsd’s

Rides
    Thanks guys. I think I’ll go with the Tein Flex Z, EDFC Active Pro and Air cups to raise the height for speed bumps and apart from Nismo kit and wheels, is all the mods it gets....

Well apart from adding Apple Car Play to the NAV system, 4 cameras and maybe a Nismo Tune, filter and Map. That will be it. Definitely not going to look at forced induction

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I’ve also heard that apex are rebranded BC racing coilovers.

Personally I think they are well made and ride nicely. Limo spec here lol 4/3kg springs, very nice on the road compared with 5/4kg hsd’s
    Apex don't really exist anymore, but BC's European distributor operates out of the same building.

Rides
    I’m pretty sure what he means is that the Apex evolved into the BC, lemme know what you think of the EDFC Active Pro. Running with it and without it would be interesting to read.

Rides
    Another bot repeating what we say. Novel.

Rides
    Gone

Rides
    Right so I have a new job so time for the shopping list.

I’m going Tein street Flex Z for the Coilovers with the active pro. Typically I’m going to run it on the softest setting (it is a roadster) hit the Z button next to the gear shift and it goes into active / speed sensitive / g sensitive etc. It has to be soft because I’ve done the “let’s run the suspension on firm when you have a big breasted lady in the car) they don’t appreciate it