Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Tyre recommendations

  1. #1
    Guest
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    853
    Rides
    0

    Tyre recommendations

    I was looking at Falken FK453 but my local tyre shops don't have them and they're both saying they can't order them.

    What would you recommend?

    They're 9j 17s

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Longfield, Kent
    Posts
    1,364
    Rides
    0
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym 5 are a good wet and dry tire.
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport are a great dry tire and an ok wet tire.
    Both are reasonably priced compared to their rivals

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    323
    Rides
    0
    I have been running the accelera 651 sport in a 225 45 17 on my 9J 17's and they are very grippy wet or dry! I actually have a discount code to give 15% off if that helps. You just have to put Dan15 in at checkout and it recalculates, makes them £64. 60 each instead of £76. Feel free to message me with any questions or if you get any problems. Cheers Dan

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Helston, West Cornwall
    Posts
    24,407
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym 5 are a good wet and dry tire.
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport are a great dry tire and an ok wet tire.
    Both are reasonably priced compared to their rivals

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I was running F1 Asyms on my Subaru and switched to Yokohama V105s on a recommendation on here and couldn't believe the difference in wet grip.

    I HAVEN'T gone back to the Goodyears

  5. #5
    Guest CrazySx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Isleworth/Harrow
    Posts
    5,154
    Rides
    0
    I had Michelin PS3 on the rear which were good but switched to yoko ad08r and OMG!

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    853
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I had Michelin PS3 on the rear which were good but switched to yoko ad08r and OMG!

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Thanks for all of the replies. I think these are going to be my 2nd choice if I can't get the Falkens.

    I had Falkens all round on my last 200 and I was pretty happy with them. Can't imagine what they would have been like with a proper alignment lol

  7. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    853
    Rides
    0
    Just ordered some AD08RS from Kwik Fit.

    Here's a 5% discount code if anyone's going to order 5TYRES1412KF.

  8. #8
    Guest CrazySx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Isleworth/Harrow
    Posts
    5,154
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kishan View Post
    Just ordered some AD08RS from Kwik Fit.

    Here's a 5% discount code if anyone's going to order 5TYRES1412KF.
    What did they kwik fit prices look like?

    Thanks for the code bud

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,773
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    What did they kwik fit prices look like?

    Thanks for the code bud

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Just tried it on their website and the code works. I was looking at the V105's JW mentioned and got excited when I saw the cost of just the tyre at 75 quid before the discount, but unfortunately they do that load everything else in at the end thing which makes it much less appealing unfortunately.

  10. #10
    I <3 BBS LM Actual_Ben_Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    23,600
    Rides
    0
    I can't fault the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S if you can find it in your sizes.

  11. #11
    Guest CrazySx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Isleworth/Harrow
    Posts
    5,154
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Just tried it on their website and the code works. I was looking at the V105's JW mentioned and got excited when I saw the cost of just the tyre at 75 quid before the discount, but unfortunately they do that load everything else in at the end thing which makes it much less appealing unfortunately.
    Whats everything else?

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    I <3 BBS LM Actual_Ben_Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    23,600
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Whats everything else?

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Valves, fitting, disposal, etc.

  13. #13
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,773
    Rides
    0
    Yeah, they price that all out at the end rather than in the up front price so when you think you're onto a decent deal, it's not all that great.

    It's still not a bad price, mind you.

  14. #14
    Guest CrazySx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Isleworth/Harrow
    Posts
    5,154
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Yeah, they price that all out at the end rather than in the up front price so when you think you're onto a decent deal, it's not all that great.

    It's still not a bad price, mind you.
    Can't you just have them supplied and get them fitted elsewhere.

    Was interested as I asked kwik fit about a puncture repair once and they quoted me £35!!!

    A tenner later down the local place it was all sorted lol

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,773
    Rides
    0
    Yeah but I can get them supplied and fitted for just a little over the cost of supply from KF.

    Not desperate for them as we're not doing many (any?!) miles at the moment so will just wait for a decent price to pop up

  16. #16
    Guest CrazySx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Isleworth/Harrow
    Posts
    5,154
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Yeah but I can get them supplied and fitted for just a little over the cost of supply from KF.

    Not desperate for them as we're not doing many (any?!) miles at the moment so will just wait for a decent price to pop up
    Reveal your source!! Lol

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,773
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Reveal your source!! Lol

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    My relatively local tyre guy in Essex. Been going to him for years.

  18. #18
    Guest CrazySx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Isleworth/Harrow
    Posts
    5,154
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    My relatively local tyre guy in Essex. Been going to him for years.
    Let you off in that case

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Enfield
    Posts
    964
    Rides
    0
    Thread resurrection....

    Need a new set of tyres. Would appreciate peoples feedback on some of the tyres mentioned above, or any other suggestions.

    Have Falken 452s on mine and whilst they were great new, found they’ve deteriorated badly with age, despite having plenty of tread.

    Ta.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Member sx rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    2,915
    Rides
    0
    I run Goodyear asymmetric 5s and really like them, very competent in the wet and not too expensive if you shop around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •