Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Standard Gems on eBay!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Twatwestmods want £420 for a S14a bumper

https://japwestmods.co.uk/shop/exter...stic-complete/
    Doesn't surprise me! And actually not a bad price considering the price of a new one. Last year I was looking for a driver side front wing. I gave up looking for one here as there was nothing. Very crusty looking ones on Fleabay were going for around 400 quid. So that meant fixing rust and some dents before a respray for 400 lids. :-0 :-0 I ended going with a brand new one from Nissan for around 550 Monkeys and a 3 month wait for it to come from Japan. FFS! I remember wings used to be free or maybe 50 quid! :-0
    And I also needed a new headlight. While waiting for the wing I searched high and low for one, lots of over priced shite out there. So I ended up going with a brand new one from Nissan which was dearer than the wing! And also a 3 month wait to arrive from Japan as Nissan UK or Ireland stock them anymore. (Europe/ US was no good as the beam is focused the wrong way).

Parts for these old Nissans are hard to find and fuking expensive now! I have started to buy cheap bits as I find them and storing them away for future use, just in case. Especially the electronic modules.
    Last edited by markcro; 12-01-2021 at 20:54.

Rides
    It’s a really odd one. As there aren’t many cars that go on to be valuable when modified but as a standard car we can all agree an S14a leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s only got it’s popularity and notoriety from being modified, drift, track, street, show etc

For instance my very heavily modified rust free example, I just couldn’t place the price on it now and what it could be in 5-10 years.

Rides
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Niss...9-af72fb68421c

Rocket Bunny kitted 14 for 20 big.

Rides
    It’ll never sell in a million years with a piss poor advert, not even knowing if the kit is genuine and another ‘too much to list’ spec.

Rides
    Will be interesting to see if the eligibility for import into the states has any material effect on prices when they get old enough.

If we went back ten years and someone said that R34 gtrs were going to go as stratospheric, Im not sure I would have believed it... and while 200sx's aren't gtrs, I'm sure it doesn't do any harm having something from the same family held in such esteem.

On the parts no doubt it's getting increasingly difficult to get hold of quality used parts which only means price increases unfortunately... I waited for a while for wing to come up but didn't look like one was available and hadn't been for some time so went through a parts importer.

Rides
    Poor adverts rile me! Take that Rocket Bunny 14. If you seriously want £20k for a car, why oh why would you not remove dead leaves from under the bonnet and then clean up the engine bay for a photo??? Are they trying to show that the car has had zero love during it's life?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    It’s a really odd one. As there aren’t many cars that go on to be valuable when modified but as a standard car we can all agree an S14a leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s only got it’s popularity and notoriety from being modified, drift, track, street, show etc

For instance my very heavily modified rust free example, I just couldn’t place the price on it now and what it could be in 5-10 years.
    I'd give you a monkey for it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Doesn't surprise me! And actually not a bad price considering the price of a new one. Last year I was looking for a driver side front wing. I gave up looking for one here as there was nothing. Very crusty looking ones on Fleabay were going for around 400 quid. So that meant fixing rust and some dents before a respray for 400 lids. :-0 :-0 I ended going with a brand new one from Nissan for around 550 Monkeys and a 3 month wait for it to come from Japan. FFS! I remember wings used to be free or maybe 50 quid! :-0
    And I also needed a new headlight. While waiting for the wing I searched high and low for one, lots of over priced shite out there. So I ended up going with a brand new one from Nissan which was dearer than the wing! And also a 3 month wait to arrive from Japan as Nissan UK or Ireland stock them anymore. (Europe/ US was no good as the beam is focused the wrong way).

Parts for these old Nissans are hard to find and fuking expensive now! I have started to buy cheap bits as I find them and storing them away for future use, just in case. Especially the electronic modules.
    Japwest are know scammers so that didn’t surprised me but check it £65 from this chap Nissan 200sx S14a Front Bumper https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373421633048

As far as I’m concerned prices aren’t going up that much, just scammers chancing it gives the impression things have sky rocketed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    As far as I’m concerned prices aren’t going up that much
    Unfortunately, the market completely disagrees with you.

SR's are now frequently £2k. Gearboxes are hovering between £350-£400. Manual transmission interior trim surrounds are over £100 when they come up. Not everything is climbing but I assure you, some things are sky rocketting.
    Last edited by piman2k; 13-01-2021 at 13:52.

Rides
    Saw someone on the CA group the other day selling a CAS For £150 - back in the day I had 3 of them and couldn't give them away

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Unfortunately, the market completely disagree with you.

SR's are now frequently £2k. Gearboxes are hovering between £350-£400. Manual transmission interior trim surrounds are over £100 when they come up. Not everything is climbing but I assure you, some things are sky rocketting.
    Fair do’s, I’m no expert

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Saw someone on the CA group the other day selling a CAS For £150 - back in the day I had 3 of them and couldn't give them away
    They all had knackered splines though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    They all had knackered splines though
    Fairly sure I was the only consistent part of my CA journey so I reckon it was my knackered splines more than anything else TBH

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    Worth almost half that

Rides
    That S15 was posted a page or so back, mad money! There's a stock one in black up for £19,995 at the same time. But it doesn't have the expensive aero front bumper.

Rides
    Those s15s are by no means totally A-grade examples either... There was that low miler 25k red S14a that's went down to 22.5k too which has probably already been mentioned. Can't see it for sale anymore...but can't believe it would have sold for that much

or could it....

Rides
    Oh it's still there, don't worry.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Unfortunately, the market completely disagrees with you.

Yes exactly this! And I know this from painful experience from twanging a front corner last year! The only easy bit to get was the front corner light and indicator. Wing and headlight- **** me, what an ordeal and over a grand for both. But I don't want aftermarket crap or shoddy second hand parts. I did find a "Near mint" headlight for 100 quid. But on inspection all the tabs were broken off. When I questioned that, I got "Ah I'm sure you could plastic weld or epoxy them back on?" - No thanks, bin it! So ended up going brand new... :-(
    The year before I was looking for a NATS controller and key fob..........8 months searching! :-0

Rides
    Yep, headlamps are nigh on impossible to find. I’m going to have to buy new for mine as all I’m finding is old chrome and broken tabs.