Thread: S14a swapping NATS ECU

Rides

S14a swapping NATS ECU

Right so I have a 2000 200sx which came with no remotes for the NATS, am I right in thinking that if I get a new (pulled out of a dead S14a) NATS ECU paired with remotes and plug it in to my car I should have working central locking?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nope. The ecu isn’t connected to the remote locking, only the immobiliser. What you’d need is a new ACU with master fob which is located under the stereo in front of the gearstick.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nope. The ecu isn’t connected to the remote locking, only the immobiliser. What you’d need is a new ACU with master fob which is located under the stereo in front of the gearstick.
    Aye bad terminology on my part, meant ACU but also currently dealing with work engines which call them ECMs, too many names for electronic modules ��*♂️
    So if I get a new ACU241 with fobs and replace my old one, it should work straight away with no faffing about coding?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah it’ll plug in and work
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue