Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another how much is my car worth

Rides
    I have had both stage 1 and stage 2 H-Dev chips in my old S13 and also H-Dev stage 1a in my S14 many years ago. No problems at all.

Drove down to see Jez and get him to install the chip in my 14 about 15/16yrs ago, really nice guy. Very helpful on the phone when discussing options - he didnt push his own stuff on me, we talked about a few different options and I settled on his own stuff in the end.

Rides
    I’ve never heard a bad thing about Jez and or his chips, but I’m allergic to Facebook so maybe that’s why?

Rides
    Some of the Facebook groups with Australian members deride "stage tuning". They aren't happy unless you spend £1000 on an after market ECU + £1000 having it installed and mapped by a "tuner" - all for an extra 30bhp at the wheels more than a H-dev stage 3.

They will happily point people at a driftopia page that says connect the heater outlet on block to the thermostat by-pass outlet.

Fit oil cooled Diesel turbos.

Render the turbo thermosyphon cooling inoperative by eliminating the plenum.

Wonder why it stalls when they have left the neutral switch off.

Wonder why it stalls when they cleaned the manifold up and threw the idle and fast idle system in the bin.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I’ve never heard a bad thing about Jez and or his chips, but I’m allergic to Facebook so maybe that’s why?
    There's nothing bad about them as I keep saying, but Facebook is where the mongs patrol and that's where they take a lot of flack.

Rides
    @Milsom93 - Have you had the AFRs checked on a rolling road with your current set up ?

If you have and they were good all through the rev range then you are all good and anything anyone posts in this thread about good chips/bad chips is pretty much irrelevant.

Rides
    or just pop the spark plugs out and see what colour they are.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    or just pop the spark plugs out and see what colour they are.
    It could be lean on boost and rich everywhere else and you wouldn't necessarily see it on the plugs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    If you have and they were good all through the rev range then you are all good and anything anyone posts in this thread about good chips/bad chips is pretty much irrelevant.
    Jesus Christ will you drop off with your sniping. It's an observation about the attitude of people on social media to prepare him for backlash.

Anywhere else it would be considered friendly. Fcuk me chap.
    Last edited by piman2k; 08-12-2020 at 07:22.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    @Milsom93 - Have you had the AFRs checked on a rolling road with your current set up ?

Not had it on a rolling road however I have a AEM wideband and had a friend check the AFR’s both on the road and a track day whilst I was driving and we’ve made a few subtle adjustments on the Apexi S-AFC to fine tune it across the Rev range partial and full throttle to keep it safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Jesus Christ will you drop off with your sniping. It's an observation about the attitude of people on social media to prepare him for backlash.

Anywhere else it would be considered friendly. Fcuk me chap.
    I'm sniping ? Take a look at yourself fella.

The thread is "What's my car worth ?" not "who should I trust/not trust when looking at HD chips ?"

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Guys what Piman2k is trying to say is that he likes h-dev and trusts them, but if you post the car for sale on certain social media platforms then you will get a lot of people commenting regarding the map/tune as most of the scene has now been guided by another mapper who is very vocal. The other mapper has a large following and believes that all of his competitors are rubbish. People forgot that cars come from factory with a generic tune.

He’s not said the map is bad just hi-lighting that a few narrow minded people on social media will likely comment regarding the tune and to be ready for it.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That is exactly correct.