Thread: some electrical questions s14?

Rides

some electrical questions s14?

Under the floor carpet under the back seats there is a box(see picture) and the cables goes all the way to the instrument dash to a connector but its not connected to anything.I wonder what it is and its function ?

Also someone have connected a red wire from one connector pin to another connector pin on the backside of the instrument dash(see pictures).it looks like it is connected to the first pin on both connectors.I`m not sure but it looks like it is connected to abs and eng-c..Thinking maybe it is to disable the abs light?any suggestions?

Rides
    That black box is your airbag module and the wire thats wrap with yellow electrical tape are your airbag harness.

That picture is blurry cant tell if that red wire connected to the airbag light, like you said to turn the warning light off.

Do you have aftermarket non airbag steering wheel installed?

Rides
    yes there is a aftermarket steering wheel on right now but i am putting in the oem wheel.but make more sense that it is for the airbag light..than i can just remove the red wire. does the airbag harness connect to the steering wheel maybe?
    Last edited by mikkime; 22-11-2020 at 16:34.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkime View Post
    does the airbag harness connect to the steering wheel maybe?
    Yes

Rides
    okey,thanks.But just to be sure,so the airbag does not deploy on me..
    is this how it suppose to be(the red and black wires connected to the light) or have it been added when using after market wheel?:

Also wonder,on the connector in the steering wheel,there is three wires but only one going out..whats the other two?Do i miss anything? because there is two red and black wire left that came with the clock spring.

Last edited by mikkime; 23-11-2020 at 13:51.