Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S14a Crushed Oil Pan

Rides
    I wouldn't worry the photo looks fine. Mine was alot more squashed and I had to run the car for a week before I got the parts in. (I needed to get to work!).

Rides
    yeah thanks Markcro, luckily this car is a project not a daily runner so I have not needed to drive it hence taking my time!

Rides
    If you're ever worried about it again, either unplug the cas and turn it over til the oil light goes out, or if you're super worried, pop the cam cover off, cas unplugged, turn it over til oil comes out the cam spray bars

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    If you're ever worried about it again, either unplug the cas and turn it over til the oil light goes out, or if you're super worried, pop the cam cover off, cas unplugged, turn it over til oil comes out the cam spray bars
    Hi Slamz, yes that's exactly what I did...well at least looking at this wiring diagram we pulled F24 from F101 which I believe disconnects the Camshaft Position Sensor (CPS)
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arf-yOsTGQrvixhXiRIXt9jUdrT5

We then turned the engine over twice and on the second time the oil light went out and now goes out on starting

I guess the main concern was having heard that the oil light only indicates a minimal low pressure hence why I am fitting a separate pressure gauge