Thread: Sourcing suitable S13 Windscreen seals/trims

Rides

Sourcing suitable S13 Windscreen seals/trims

Hi guys!

The car recently came back from the bodyshop with a full respray. They refused to refit the original windscreen seals, saying they are not good enough and that I need "proper new" ones.

Here is a pic of the ones that I removed before paint: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y8Y...ew?usp=sharing

I've never fully understood windscreen seals/trims, what their function is, and how they are attached.

Any idea where I can source a suitable set and how I can install them?

Best regards

Jon Terrell

Rides

Sourcing suitable S13 Windscreen seals/trims

I had my windscreen replaced on mine by autoglass and they literally used a universal seal and no trims.

Don’t think the trims are required unless you want to keep it completely oem

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by manny94 View Post
    I had my windscreen replaced on mine by autoglass and they literally used a universal seal and no trims.

Don’t think the trims are required unless you want to keep it completely oem
    Thanks Manny that helps. Will have a look around for generic trims.

Rides
    Most screen fitters carry the universal trims on their vans. Work just as well as manny94 said and you'd be surprised what a visual difference they make, looks much more up to date.

The only sacrifice, while small, is universal trim doesn't have a rain channel so you'll have screenwash or rainwater migrate across the side windows.

Rides
    Gotcha. Regards fitting these universal trims, anyone have any ideas how to do it? Maybe they come with some kid of adhesive? Else semi-permanently glue them with Tiger Seal or similar? thanks