Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Tyres?

Rides
    Best tyres. Best oil. Best car cleaning products.

The car forums worst nightmare.

Rides
    New tyres are now on! Feels like a totally different car drives so nice now haha!

Rides
    What tyre did you fit.

Rides
    Toyo Proxes CF2s

Rides
    They'll do a tonne better than 18 year old Ditchfinders

Rides
    I went off the clock on my old ditchfinders, yep well past the last digits.
    Was i scared, naaaw baws of steal.... was a smell in the cabin though afterwards.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I went off the clock on my old ditchfinders, yep well past the last digits.
    Was i scared, naaaw baws of steal.... was a smell in the cabin though afterwards.
    Was the smell the poo in your pants ?

Rides
    Just thought I'd post these here, the garage I took my car too wanted to put my car on the ramp to take a look at it (they all were very surprised to see a car like this haha)

https://imgur.com/a/k1PmFE6

This is what the underside looks like!

Rides
    Very clean ! Still got the decat and the diff oil cooler in place (although the latter probably isn't working )

Rides
    I'm lolling because I viewed that picture on my phone late last night and thought that the surface rot on the ramp itself was the chassis rails of the car. Did seem odd to me that I didn't remember the S14 chassis resembling that of a Lincoln Continental

Rides
    Yeah! Also what is a decat if you don't mind me asking? haha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nero53 View Post
    Yeah! Also what is a decat if you don't mind me asking? haha
    He actually meant the catalytic converter rather than decat. He's getting old is our JW so he's a bit, you know

A decat is basically a straight through pipe that removes the catalytic converter - for better flow, more power, and maximum Greta tantrums.

Rides
    Hard to see in the photo but I’d say it’s got a catalytic converter, a decat is a box or straight pipe without a cat to increase airflow

Rides
    Is it okay to decat a car? Should I do that to my car? Also I drove it to work today and I feel so nervous being in a busy city (Sunderland) with it haha.

Rides
    I wouldnt worry about it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nero53 View Post
    Is it okay to decat a car? Should I do that to my car? Also I drove it to work today and I feel so nervous being in a busy city (Sunderland) with it haha.
    Leave it as it is, get used to driving it as it is; then think about what you might want to do.

As I said before, I think you should be really careful what you do with it as it's one of the most original cars I've seen in a very, very long time. There are so few of them around like that now. I saw an original low mileage S14a go up for sale this week at the sticker price from 1999. S13's will be worth a good few bob in years to come and if you take away any of that originality then resale will be affected. That may or may not bother you, but I sort of implore you for the sake of the community to consider at least keeping all the original parts so it can be put back to what it is now in future, as otherwise it'll just be another messed with example which will be a shame.

The other side of the coin is that when you go chasing power, you just expose other areas you want to work on. More power, you'll find the brakes aren't what you want them to be. Better brakes and you'll want to exploit the chassis more. The tweaking goes on until eventually you have a loud, brash, hard riding car that doesn't feel like an S13 any more. I remember having a standard S13 again after selling my modified one and remarking at how easy it was to drive, what a nice place to be it was and how it would make a fabulous daily - this of course after I'd spent 5 years and many thousands of pounds modifying one that was in better condition

Rides
    Oh and in answer to your first actual question, you can legally take the cat off an S13 and it will still pass its MOT - if the MOT tester tells you otherwise then he's wrong. There's no CAT test data in the book for the CA18DET - only the SR20.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Ohh dear god its the Pirelli ditchfinder generals.

GET THEM ALL OFF RIGHT NOW

This has been a public service announcement.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Leave it as it is, get used to driving it as it is; then think about what you might want to do.

As I said before, I think you should be really careful what you do with it as it's one of the most original cars I've seen in a very, very long time. There are so few of them around like that now. I saw an original low mileage S14a go up for sale this week at the sticker price from 1999. S13's will be worth a good few bob in years to come and if you take away any of that originality then resale will be affected. That may or may not bother you, but I sort of implore you for the sake of the community to consider at least keeping all the original parts so it can be put back to what it is now in future, as otherwise it'll just be another messed with example which will be a shame.

The other side of the coin is that when you go chasing power, you just expose other areas you want to work on. More power, you'll find the brakes aren't what you want them to be. Better brakes and you'll want to exploit the chassis more. The tweaking goes on until eventually you have a loud, brash, hard riding car that doesn't feel like an S13 any more. I remember having a standard S13 again after selling my modified one and remarking at how easy it was to drive, what a nice place to be it was and how it would make a fabulous daily - this of course after I'd spent 5 years and many thousands of pounds modifying one that was in better condition

I totally understand that

I'm new here so don't want to leave a bad impression haha, I won't mod my 200sx don't worry, I feel terrible having to daily drive it even with only 64k miles on it. For the sale of the forum I'll take the best care I can on it!

I'm probably going to buy a second car down the line so I can feel less guilty haha!

Rides
    Wont mod?

Jings - what the?????
    Mods mods mods, and not the kind who throw you off a forum for comparing them to yo mommas backside (ect...other abusive terms available ect)