Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Tyres?

Rides
    Arry's right. I'm a scatty old cnut I meant cat not decat.

Arry's also right about keeping it original. Its a minter and no mistake. Anything you change will devalue it.

Rides
    So you bought the worlds best skider and don't like skids?

As you didn't wipe it out on street furniture or kerb, you have passed your initiation test.

Pirelli P6000 were humongous fun. Could drop a jaw dropping power slide out of any T junction, even on high grip surface. Right turn on paint spot roundabouts, drive straight on, when rear wheel hits the spot it spins the car, steer into it, when pointing at the exit, let go of the steering wheel, lift off the throttle, grab hold of the steering wheel and plant the throttle. It self centres, hooks up and fecks off. Burnt a set each year for 8 years.

Then I got a set of Firestone Firehawk TZ300. No fun at all. Last twice as long.

But at this time of year a set of Toyo Snowprox maybe the best bet. So now you need a set of spare rims.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    So you bought the worlds best skider and don't like skids?...
    I expected better of you, Peter

I had thirty years of 200SX ownership and currently have a 500hp RWD car but I don't drift....well not intentionally anyway.

They make an excellent classic GT car. Comfy, practical and (still relatively) cheap.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    ziblewibblewaaaawaaa something about tyres... skidding ect

Then p6000s... omg they eat children.
    Problem with skid central p6000s is they are so unpredictable.
    Cross the crown of a road to overtake, drop 400ft pounds to do it and... FFFFFFk me its a tree, no its two trees... nooooooo fk me its a whole forest the size of wales.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    They make an excellent classic GT car. Comfy, practical and (still relatively) cheap.
    Ignoring the shite ad, I thought it was worth quoting this to demonstrate just how badly it's aged, in just 12 months!

Semi-affordable in November 2020, I'd say now pretty much overpriced and out of reach for most, just 12 months on.

Edited just to note there was a spam post that bumped this thread, that has since been deleted, it wasn't me that bumped it!
    Last edited by Clouder_sx; 23-12-2021 at 10:42.

Rides
    I stumbled upon a Facebook marketplace post not so long ago with some dude trying to shift stock parts for prices the like of which I've never seen - I've probably binned more S13 bits than I care to remember due to complete lack of demand back in the day. I'd have been sitting on a goldmine if I'd kept them.

Anyway, the drifter lot started complaining about the cost of bits. I couldn't help but laugh - it was a diff from memory. I thought to myself how ironic it is that drifter types are arguing the toss about prices of rare parts that they made scarce in the first place