Thread: S14 Automatic gearbox free to collector, Surrey.

Rides

S14 Automatic gearbox free to collector, Surrey.

As it says, clearing out unwanted spare parts accumulated over the years.

S14 Automatic gearbox acquired while I was looking for a replacement S13 auto gearbox in case I couldn't find one. Thankfully I did and now don't need it.

Includes all wiring, uncut, Torque converter and gearbox plate.

Free to anyone who is willing to collect from Cranleigh, Surrey GU6. PM me.

NB. S15 auto gearbox also available for free on collection.

Rides
    Pmd

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    the belhousings on these are worth money as that's what they using when sticking sequential boxes on SR's for drifting.

did that guy get back to you regarding the 'special S13 autobox' out the maroon car?

Rides
    Special S13 box. Maroon car.

It didn’t get broken did it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    did that guy get back to you regarding the 'special S13 autobox' out the maroon car?
    Sadly no, though if he is reading this I haven't given up hope ! 'twould be nice to have but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Special S13 box. Maroon car.
    It didn’t get broken did it
    Barry J Dart's car. Standard auto box but fitted with an uprated valve body. Increases the pressure applied to the transmission bands and plates, allowing the box to handle higher power and torque input than standard. Imported from Australia by Barry back in the day, and unobtanium over here.

Be nice to have but not mission critical.

If my present (third) auto box gives up the ghost I shall go manual - got all the bits - but genuinely prefer driving with the auto transmission.

I don't know how Barry is doing or whether he is still with us... anyone know ? Never met him in person but he was most helpful over the years, taking pity on a fellow auto box enthusiast. I believe he was ill and needed care at the time of the sale. The family had to make a decision and dispose of the car as not practical to keep it or run it, especially given its unique modifications. Hope he is still with us.
    Last edited by Rochester; 30-10-2020 at 11:06.

Rides
    Yeah I remember the car, sad to hear it's been broken but obviously it's the right thing to do. Poor chap.

Rides
    Don't think it's been broken, but the new buyer was apparently definite about changing over to a manual transmission.
    Whether for drifting or just personal preference I don't know. If for drifting I'm not sure that the gull wing / scissor action doors would ever pass scrutineering though ?

If the new owner or someone who knows him or her is reading this then I'm still interested in having the auto transmission out of it.