Thread: Appealing a parking ticket- Advice required

Rides

Appealing a parking ticket- Advice required

Afternoon you knowledgable bunch.

The missus got a parking ticket from thurrock council the other week whilst visiting her mum. The road in question operates a permit scheme between the hours of 9am-4pm. she was parked from about 4.30pm and the parking ticket was issued around 4.50pm. On the ticket it states that teh vheicle was parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours- which of course it wasnt as the time frame had expired.

I duely wrote to the council and appealed the ticket. They have replied with pictures of the parked car on yellow lines and stated that the ticket was also issued for this offence. So my question is can they add a charge after the event to the ticket or does my orignal view still stand that yes it was on double yellows (fair cop) but the ticket was not issued for that offence and is therefore void?

From what I have read so far "The traffic regulation order was invalid" seems to cover this : the council added a new restriction eg a yellow line and did not follow proper procedures in doing so (point 3 in th elink below)
    https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/res...tutory-grounds

But does that mean they added new yellow lines and did not add correct signage, or added th eoffence to a ticket.

Any help would be kindly appreicated.

Rides
    This is the place to ask this question

http://www.pepipoo.com/

Rides
    I’ve had joy in getting one parking ticket refunded because the restrictions sign was missing, they had no choice as I was oblivious without it to inform me.

I doubt they will refund you because it’s critical revenue, but it’s worth a try

Rides
    Reminds me of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gki...Qzknw&index=46

Worth a try arguing that the picture isn't valid evidence of the offence.

Rides
    I'd push them to cancel the ticket as received as it's not a valid offence. If they want to issue you with a new ticket then they can feel free, eh?

Rides
    Have you checked if the offence of parking on yellow lines carrys the same fine as parking during the wrong time?

Be abit crap if you talked yourself into a bigger ticket just to prove a point.