Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My cheapass MTB build

Rides
    Here she is

20210105_200447

Taking a step back a month or so i went back to Bedgebury with Pabs early December and had an oopsie. We did a longer route and i had another off. I was going pretty quick and the bike just slid out from under me. I went down hard and either knocked myself out or just pussied it and passed out. Don't remember to be honest. I'm guessing my MS caught up with me on the day and just shut my body down due to fatigue. Either way i hurt my self badly and still haven't fully recovered. I still have 2 pins in my right hip that poke about 2" into the muscle which made things worse.

20201211_074632

Bruising has only just disappeared fully but there is still some swelling to the muscle. My shoulder is still painful with limited movement so I reckon theres some damage over and above bruising etc.

Its all good though and I have done some riding around my local roads just to test test my body is healing (very slowly) and fiddle with some bits on the bike- adjusting shock pressure etc.

Going to be doing Swinley when things allow, need to up my confidence in the berms and drop offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxfbJ3W_qTY

Kara is probably 1 step on from where I am now which to be fair is still step 1 lol
    Last edited by MEL; 22-01-2021 at 10:18.

Rides
    Want to book in for some proper coaching so I can make the most of what I have in terms of skill and equipment

https://www.skillsloop.com/

Rides
    Youch on the bruising!

e-Bike looks fun

Rides
    Youch on the bruising!

e-Bike looks fun

Rides
    Cracked 45.4 kph today
    Last edited by MEL; 23-01-2021 at 18:02.

Rides
    Christ that's more than my Enfield

Rides
    that skills loop guy is up in the midlands. he gets some decent reviews, helps dig a lot of the pooley park trails.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    that skills loop guy is up in the midlands. he gets some decent reviews, helps dig a lot of the pooley park trails.
    Yeah, seen some reviews on the mtb FB pages and dug a little deeper. Watching the vids on utoobe they seem to have a lot of patience with complete nobs like me and the courses they offer look exactly what i need to build confidence and skill

*noobs*