Thread: Recent S14a Owner

Rides

Recent S14a Owner

Hi All,

Recent S14a owner, bought it in July, spent the last few months learning about it, the forum has been a massive source of information so really grateful to have all this knowledge to hand

Always driven Nissans and actually had a Nissan 100NX from new in 1995 when my company had them as company cars, held onto it until about 2008. Always longed for a 200SX though or even a 300ZX hence taking the plunge on the S14A this summer

Cheers

Julian
    Last edited by sr20det1; 02-10-2020 at 22:37.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome, good to hear that the forums been of use
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    cheers Chris, yeah its been amazing, did our first tune the other day, will post results soon

Rides
    Strong purchase

Post up some pictures, would love to see some of your 100nx if you’ve got some?

Banned
    Rides
    Yeah, man! Pics or didn't happen. Hahaha!

Rides
    Some pics of the S14a posted above, I did post a link in the first thread but it didn't work for some reason

Funnily enough I don't think I have one picture of the 100NX (so maybe you are right and it didn't happen!!!), I had it from new as a company car and literally just used it for work, in fact I was never that into cars back then and didn't do anything to it at all sadly, just remember it being seriously under powered!

Its my 13 year old who has got me into this, he wanted us to buy a 'JDM' as a project car so we could work on it together and now I am totally hooked!!
    Last edited by sr20det1; 05-10-2020 at 23:16.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Love that your kid got you in to the cars car looks smart btw.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks Chris, yeah we didn't want anything too over the top modified, the previous owner had made a few basic power changes and was running manual boost at 0.8 Bar, the interior was pretty much stock

We just had the stock intake swapped out for the Apexi, fitted a Nistune board and Electronic Boost Control, will post details on sticky power thread

We have a few more changes planned so watch this space!

Rides
    Looks nice and clean what’s the underside like? Looks like it’s got a fair bit of front rake, might be worth levelling it out if the ride height is adjustable.

Hope you and your son enjoy it.

Rides
    yeah funny you should mention about the underside, well.....I was about to post a question about this, its pretty clean underneath in general but on the weekend I noticed what looks to be some bad rusting on the radiator core support. My first concern was it looks structural plus the tension rod bracket connects here although I notice the whole radiator core support can be replaced as one unit so don't know if its worth repairing or not. Will take the front bumper off at the weekend and get a better look at it but this is the best shot I have of it from underneath: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arf-yOsTGQrvh3WFJLsAiBpc0-Kw

was a little shocked to notice this as I haven't noticed anything flaky like this on the underside until now

In terms of rake, yeah not adjusted anything yet, it has some Daiyma coilovers so was going to have a go at that at some point, the passenger side rear squeaks a bit going over bumps and has a little misting of oil on the coilover so could need replacing, the ride is incredibly firm! probably stiffer that I want it so need to have a go at it!

On the plus side engine runs really well, interior is stock mint although the rev counter has just gone beserk so that's going on our ever growing list of things to sort out!
    Last edited by sr20det1; 06-10-2020 at 22:21.

Rides
    Good to see new owners coming on board! Welcome and well may you drive her! :-) I've my S14a for 15 years now and never plan to sell.

Rides
    15 years! wow...that says a lot about these cars, and to think I could have had one from new if Id have gone for the 200sx over the 100nx!