Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought a new Nissan.

Rides

I bought a new Nissan.

new to me, anyway - so I now own two imported Nissans, god help me

Currently undergoing registration with the DVLA, not sure how long that'll take at the moment.

VQ35DE - similar to the underlying 350 engine but with different, long runner intake plenum amongst other things I'm sure. it was far quicker than I expected on the test drive.

RWD - wanted this rather than the 4WD ones, didn't fancy carrying the extra weight on an already ridiculous 2 tonnes.

autobox - same as the 350 autobox, as far as I can figure out, same basic part number, so all being well won't have any issues with work on that.

plan will be to have this thing, the 180 and something low tax bracket/high mpg as a run around and if I ever get back to commuting, for that too.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 09-09-2020 at 09:23.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    oh and some interesting folk have done supercharger/turbo conversions on these, I'm currently resisting any thoughts of modification. no one tempt me.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

Rides
    Excellent choice

Got ferried around A LOT in these over in Burma and loved them

Rides

Rides
    I have no idea how but you can add even more chrome to it, chrome door handles, chrome mirror covers... the accessories market in Japan seems huge for them

Rides
    Got any pics of the interior ?

Rides
    only a couple off the original ad, managed to find one with the dark cloth interior, most are beige cloth or cream leather, neither of which appealed.

still with the business that imported it at the mo.

seats all fold flat if you want, the rear bench splits and lifts up to each side, if you just need more cargo capacity. I fancied something that could shift a bit more stuff, do travelling holidays, I'd like to do the Scottish NC500 in this and also transport the Mrs' Dad, he's had a stroke so mobility isn't great - but I think he'll be able to get into this, if needed. They have family in France but he struggles with getting travel insurance when he's flying, so this might be an alternative solution.

it scratches a lot of itches, I think.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post

Currently undergoing registration with the DVLA, not sure how long that'll take at the moment.
    I got paperwork back in 4 weeks recently.

Rides
    Looks badass, is that the standard kit? Any plans to change the wheels, would suit something dishy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    I got paperwork back in 4 weeks recently.
    that's good info - cheers, not done the paperwork myself before so I've no idea what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Looks badass, is that the standard kit? Any plans to change the wheels, would suit something dishy
    I repeat, for the sake of the Mrs, that I have definitely not been looking at Bippu style Elgrands. at all.

Mine is an Autech one, still a factory Nissan Elgrand, just has a few bits with it. The only thing I'm not sure about is the front lip, everything from Japan seems so varied from the dealer, it's difficult figuring out if it's OEM or not.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 09-09-2020 at 12:24.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Welcome to Ellie ownership. Few of us on here have them now

Have you made power mode come on without the button yet? That's when you know you are trying

This is my big thirsty baby

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    oh and some interesting folk have done supercharger/turbo conversions on these, I'm currently resisting any thoughts of modification. no one tempt me.
    Just fit a nice exhaust and induction kit and bask in the ambience. Oh and if you want more feel of oomph a throttle controller upgrade is a good buy.

Loads of info on the EOC forum about them

Rides
    How thirsty is thirsty?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    How thirsty is thirsty?
    I average 19 running it on good stuff. TBF Gwyns 1.5 ecoboost Kuga only gets 23.5

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    How thirsty is thirsty?
    Got 27 loaded on a gentle run down to Morecambe Bay last year for hollibobs.

Rides
    nice looking bus

Rides
    Haha, you definitely should get those wheels.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    Just fit a nice exhaust and induction kit and bask in the ambience. Oh and if you want more feel of oomph a throttle controller upgrade is a good buy.

Loads of info on the EOC forum about them

already a fully paid up member over there - tis v. good.

have only done a brief test drive, managed to test the autobox was kicking down properly etc - I'll report back in about fuel economy later

just playing the waiting game now with the DVLA.

Rides
    Definitely needs more turbos

Rides
    I'm going by averages, I've got two turbos on the 180, so by that method, on average there's one turbo per Nissan.