Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Because Fishing and Sovreignty

Rides

Because Fishing and Sovreignty

Let's throw the negotiations under the bus so we can double a quota that we currently don't meet in full?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...uota-mwk785bhd

Here's a factoid I found interesting: the entire fishing industry contributed less to the economy than Harrods in 2016. Under 0.1% of GDP.

Auto Industry (4% of GDP 2018), petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, financial services (6.9% of GDP 2018), all stand to take huge tariff impacts and all are worth, well, far more than 0.1% of GDP.

And now, the legislature to undo the withdrawal agreement declaration begins:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54051933

No Deal Brexit, here we come. Goodbye job. Goodbye house.

Edit - 24,000 people! 24,000 people in the fishing industry. There's a MILLION in cars.
    Last edited by piman2k; 07-09-2020 at 07:38.

Rides
    If the Torys **** this up badly it could well be the end of the party, so possible silver lining?

Rides
    Tbh I won't be happy with that until I see people like Johnson behind bars. I don't know how you'd do it, but he's literally sabotaging the country and I have lost the ability to figure out why.

Wonder if he's got plenty squirreled away in disaster funds. And now he has the blessing of COVID to hide behind.

Rides
    I mean for ****s sake, 5000 ice cream vans and Johnson and Truss are going to "fight" for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54013285

You can't fcukin make it up anymore.

Rides
    International Trade Secretary Liz Truss called them a "great British export" and promised to bring them up in talks.

The vans, many of whose owners also sell coffee, tea and frozen yogurt, are a familiar sight on UK roads.

During summer, they alert potential customers when they approach a park or suburban street by playing bursts of classic tunes, such as Greensleeves or Giovanni Capurro's O Sole Mio - known to many in the UK as the theme once used in Wall's Cornetto adverts
    This is a parody BBC site, right?

Rides
    Also a good tactic for pedos wanting there catch...

ooops

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Also a good tactic for pedos wanting there catch...

ooops
    Right up the Torys street then!!!!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    "Mr Johnson claimed that a no-deal would be a “good outcome” for the UK" was reported in the Indepedent today.

Pretty sure no-one has ever suggested that would be the case, certainly not him or his party over the last 3 years, honestly dont understand why we are letting them get away with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    honestly dont understand why we are letting them get away with this.
    I don't know either. No one ever campaigned for no deal, ever. Not even Leave.

Coming out the back of this recession, I just don't think average Joe knows what is coming.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I don't know either. No one ever campaigned for no deal, ever. Not even Leave.

Coming out the back of this recession, I just don't think average Joe knows what is coming.
    The biggest dry buttfcuk since the advent of fire when human made fire, burnt down house, burnt themselves then burnt everyone else

Rides
    Almost certainly. All these statements and articles are flexing for the media, and preparation for the no deal they've already set themselves up for.

Now the "deadline" for No Deal is 2 weeks ahead of the end of furlough.

People think we have seen redundancies this year. Well, on the 15th major employers will have some real idea about their economic future, and many of them will realise that they simply wont be able to afford to have people on post furlough because their forecasts will be adjusted.

Then, THEN you will see redundancies.

Rides
    BJ wants no deal, he’s throwing fish sized spanner’s into the works

Rides
    honestly dont understand why we are letting them get away with this.
    Cos the country voted Tory in droves, he got handed the largest majority in decades.

Bit late to moan about it now, we get what we voted for.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Cos the country voted Tory in droves, he got handed the largest majority in decades.

Bit late to moan about it now, we get what we voted for.
    But we didnt. No Deal was never suggested as a solution, it now seems to be the default position.
    Boris told us all the withdrawal agreement was awesome, hes now saying it would never have worked and disagrees with it. His own deal.
    We werent going to have a border in NI, border control with EU would be a cakewalk, we were going to get control of fishing waters, the NHS would be protected, £350m .......... all of this was untrue when he said it and has been proven untrue since.

Call me old fashioned but Im pretty sure that if a court makes a decision on falsified information there is a retrial, the prosecuting barrister would have the bar removed and probably be prosecuted himself. Yeah, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    ^^ EXACTLY as above. What are the consequences? Running a campaign on disinformation, making statements and promises to win the campaign and then simply reneging on them when the delivery is due. I can’t do that at work, I get sacked.

But this is more serious than that. This is wilful and knowing damage to the economy and to peoples lives. I am genuinely, genuinely expecting to lose my job because of this. Through no fault of my own. Where’s the fairness?

Rides
    But we didnt. No Deal was never suggested as a solution, it now seems to be the default position.
    Boris told us all the withdrawal agreement was awesome, hes now saying it would never have worked and disagrees with it. His own deal.
    We werent going to have a border in NI, border control with EU would be a cakewalk, we were going to get control of fishing waters, the NHS would be protected, £350m .......... all of this was untrue when he said it and has been proven untrue since.

Call me old fashioned but Im pretty sure that if a court makes a decision on falsified information there is a retrial, the prosecuting barrister would have the bar removed and probably be prosecuted himself. Yeah, that.
    Pretty sure everyone was warned this could happen and clearly no-one gave a shit.

We get what we voted for and the country voted for the Torys.

Rides
    And now here it is, the Ireland secretary stating absolutely that the governments bill tomorrow will BREAK INTERNATIONAL LAW and the EU withdrawal agreement. Literally undoing the withdrawal agreement that OUR GOVERNMENT DRAFTED.

https://apple.news/AO71Sd6hUR-WCuz8XDCPOcw

Now how will the world look at us in the future? As a trustworthy trading partner or a country that will just renege on anything it says when it suits it.

Rides
    Edit - multi post.
    Last edited by piman2k; 09-09-2020 at 12:04.

Rides
    Edit - multi post.

Rides
    Edit - multi post.