Thread: Oil pressure drops on acceleration

Rides

Oil pressure drops on acceleration

Put a innovate oil pressure gauge in my car lastnight and noticed the oil pressure fluctuates alot and as I accelerate it drops rather than raises anyone happen to come across this before, I changed the oil pump when I rebuilt the engine so it isn't that old and it was genuine

Rides
    The fluctuation would suggest an iffy sensor. I'd get a mechanical gauge in its place and check that or - and TBH after all the issues I had with oil pressure on an S13 - remove the gauge entirely and just don't have that something extra to worry about

But yeah - I had an oil gauge that would rise up to 60psi or so and then the second the car warmed up showed nack all. Thought engine was megadeathing - turns out the sender was shite.

Rides
    It's a brand new gauge and sensor I know that doesn't eliminate it being faulty but you'd like assume it would be working correctly. I'll see if I can get hold of a mechanical one but if not I might just take your route and turn gauge off haha I've got driftland in a week and I've left everything last minute my fault really

Rides
    Hmm? That's the opposite to what it should do. I'm seeing around 75 psi WOT and 35 idle. Something like that. That's on my SR'd S14 with Stack gauge.

Rides
    Bad ground on the sensor

Rides
    i ended up taking everything apart disconnecting everything changed location of sensor to other port on sandwich plate and gave it a oil change, i dont know which one fixed the issue but its fine now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Bad ground on the sensor
    That then, I reckon.