Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK s14a engine into jap s14 massive issue!!!

Rides

UK s14a engine into jap s14 massive issue!!!

This will be long story but I really need help!!!. I have dropped my s14a UK engine, ecu, and engine loom into my s14 jap import shell. The problem that I am having is everything is plugged in, fuel pump primes, I do have spark, injector relays all work but the engine won't start at all. The engine does however turn over just won't start. So I thought maybe it's my injectors as no fuel come out of them and I went ahead and changed injectors and fuel rail and still nothing!!!. I do have a click noise on my relay so that's not the problem.
    Cas can't be the problem as I do have spark.
    Fuel pump is new and does prime.
    Ecu has nats deleted and its from same engine.
    Injector loom also replaced.
    My question is is there any difference between UK s14a interior loom and jap s14 loom? Because I really don't know what to check anymore. Obviously there must be a difference somewhere maybe where UK engine loom meets jap interior loom?

Any help will be appreciated as all I need to do is get the car running to have an mot.

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I have been coming across a problem becoming more common with the 4 small grey injector relays within the ECU, have you opened the ECU and checked continuity on these? They are quite obvious 4 small grey blocks side by side on bottom corner of ECU, I have been finding them swell and failing, stock ECU’s are knocking on the door of 30years old now in some cases, you wouldn't use a 30year old laptop so maybe its time to upgrade the ECU for modern circuit boards.

Rides
    I thought about that but my ecu was working absolutely fine before I removed it from my rusty shell along with engine

Rides
    Have you actually checked for power to the injectors?

Rides
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 24-08-2020 at 13:41.

Rides
    Yeh 12v. Just ordered a power fc ecu and controller been told it should work fingers crossed when it arrives. Even though I have a bad earth somewhere as I have a permanent brake light on

Rides
    Have you only changed the Engine loom? i know the The s14 & s14a ECU pinouts are slightly different. A bit of googling should bring up the diagrams. if i recall there are only 2 or 3 wires that go to different pins and i Guess the JDM loom may also be slightly different.....

Rides
    Basicly the only jap loom I have is the 14 dash loom and fuse box loom. the engine loom is uk and the ecu is uk and both from same car including engine.

Rides
    Just a thought. I've realized I've used the uk engine loom only on the manifold side. Shall I swap the fuse box loom to Uk one too? As that plugs in fuse box under dash?

Rides
    So the ECU is s14a but the plug & loom are s14?
    If so there will be a few wires that require re-locating in the plug.

Rides
    Yeh ecu is uk and also is the wiring loom that plugs in engine but the loom that has the fuse box in the engine bay is Japanese and I assume I should change it to UK fuse box as injector wires are in that loom. So I will try that tomorrow to swap it for UK one and see what happens. If not I have a power fc ecu and controller coming and if that don't work then I really don't know.

Rides
    Which PowerFC? Please say S15 or you're just going to give yourself more trouble

Rides
    What do u mean?

Rides
    You said you had an S14A ECU and loom. Apexi don't make a PowerFC for the S14A, the only one that physically fits the ECU plug is the one for an S15.

If you've bought an S14 PowerFC it isn't going to plug straight in.

Rides
    I have bought one for a s15 with sr20det. Only as a last resort as it was cheap. But today I will attempt to change the engine bay loom that has the fuse box as I have the Japanese one atm and I do have the UK one. If none of this works I really don't know. Is there anyone near Camberley that could come over and have a look lol

Rides
    You're 1.5 hours from me, so a bit far unfortunately. I can help you with the PowerFC if you get stuck

Was your JDM S14 a DE or a DET?

Rides
    It was a det. Before the dealership took the original engine and ecu. If possible. Could u pm ur number so I could what's up u if I get stuck as tapa talk is a bit slow m8.

Rides
    Update i need to swap wire around on the f4 or f3 plug can't remember the correct on e. Has anyone done this before? If so has anyone have the wire diagram for the UK one and jap one so I can see where I need to swap the pins over to power my ecu properly. Thanks

Rides
    Can you get some pics of both sides of the plug (engine loom side and body loom side)? Try and get them from the back to show the wire colours and what location they're in.

Send me them on Whatsapp and I'll stick them up on here. There are only about 10 wires on F4 that need to match for the engine to start.

Rides
    I did some digging and it looks like the ignition live is on a different pin on F4.

JDM S14 ignition switch - pin 48
    UK S14A ignition switch - pin 40

As this goes direct to ECU pin 36 (ignition start) which is obviously linked to the injectors I think this would be the first thing I'd check.