Thread: Is this how an S13 wheel hub should look?

Rides

Is this how an S13 wheel hub should look?

Hi, I have some 4 stud hubs that I was told were from an s13, and some discs which I was told were from a z32 - I have redrilled for 4 stud, but have now found that the center bore of the hub appears to be larger than expected.

68mm towards the outside, but then with a lip around the center that is 79mm.

I have looked around but couldn't see anyone else mention this issue, so now I'm wondering if this is even a conventional s13 hub or not. Or if I am just being really stupid somehow.

Any info on this would be super helpful. Thanks!

I also have a picture with the disc on backwards to highlight the issue.

Rides
    That is perfectly normal. If you look at the inside of the brake rotor hub you see it has a large chamfer, that fits over the larger spigot. This is to stop people fitting the brakes the wrong way round or fitting the wheel without the brake.

Sorry for the delay when tried posting I got a database error.

Rides
    I wanted to wait to respond til I managed to get over to see my S13 stuff to make sure

it seems to have been removed as an additional 'unnecessary' machining step on some of the aftermarket hubs that are kicking around.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Thanks for the replies, I did see the chamfer on the disc, but since that ridge on the hub is so large, it means that even with the disc the correct way around it can't touch the hub, and only makes contact with that center raised section (leaving only slightly less of a gap inside than seen with the disc backwards.) I can't imagine that it is intended to be that way? Thanks again!
    Last edited by greydesigns; 05-08-2020 at 08:24.

Rides
    the step in your images is much bigger than mine - sorry, didn't get a photo but the step with my cheap verniers was ~68ish mm - looks like a mm either side for the brake disc to register. only caveat is they're front 180 hubs - but can't imagine they're any different.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.