Thread: CA18DET Turns over but doesn't start

Rides

CA18DET Turns over but doesn't start

I've recently changed the water pump and timing belt on the car.
    To do the job I did the following:
    Marked the CAS to where it was previously;
    Got the car in top dead centre;
    Made sure that the cams are aligned to the markings;
    Turned the car over by hand before trying to start - there was compression and the engine was not locked.

I've plugged everything back in aside from plumbing the radiator in. Everything is in place, all vacuum lines, CAS plugged back in but still no cigar. The car turns over but does not start, it's like the battery is dead.
    Left the battery on charge over night and plugged it back in, still the same bollocks.

Is there something I'm missing or have I just managed to completely **** up my timing and bend the valves?

Rides
    does the CAS you have have the half moon in to align it properly? splines worn on the cam?

if it's turning over freely, doubt you've broken anything.

did you count the teeth on the belt or rely on the marks? if you relied on the marks, go back and count the teeth - check the service manual for sure but from memory, it's 39 between the gears, 48 on the exhaust side down to the lower pulley.

nothing daft like the coilpacks not being connected back up? ground from the coilpack harness connected?
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.