Thread: Car doesn't run (nats removed, fuel pump hardwired)

Rides

Car doesn't run (nats removed, fuel pump hardwired)

Evening!

I'm so close to getting the car up and running (I hope) but everytime I go to switch the car on it switches off after about 20 seconds or so of running.

I thought there could be a problem with the fuel pump which was the reason for hardwiring it as sometimes in the second position on the ignition the pump doesn't prime. Even after hardwiring it, the pump doesn't always prime. I would have to turn it on and off to make it happen. Relays have been checked as well as the grounds.

NATS has been taken out by Pro Tuner.

I do have a yellow flashing engine check light but I believe that is the way NATS was removed going from what Horsham Developments have said.

It has been reshelled, ecu etc is from the old shell, key is from the new shell.

Any help or advice on where to look will be massively appreciated!

Rides
    Run then cut out sounds like a classic immobiliser issue, I know you've said it's been removed but it doesn't sound like it's fully gone...flashing eml backs this up too

Rides
    Is there any way of getting around it?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It can be fully removed or an aftermarket ecu would do the job if you’re feeling flush
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    It can be fully removed or an aftermarket ecu would do the job if you’re feeling flush
    Removing it will be the only way I can do it.

Rides
    I've spoken to Pro Tuner.

He has said he can the immobiliser out of the ecu if this helps anyone with the same problem.

Rides
    Still need help with this if someone can help me on how I can disable the immobiliser.

I read there is a way of doing it but it's not something that is shared publicly!

If someone could message me that would be great.

Rides
    Still need help with this if someone can help me on how I can disable the immobiliser.

I read there is a way of doing it but it's not something that is shared publicly!

If someone could message me that would be great.