Thread: Long shot..replacement springs to fit Apex coilovers

Rides

Long shot..replacement springs to fit Apex coilovers

I have a set of Apex coilovers on my 13 from the glory days of Bren’s wonderous group buys, the springs are shot.. coating is ruined and they are rusty.

I think they are too rough for powder coating, and ideally I’d like to replace them, so wondering if anyone knows of a solution?

TIA
    S13 No2 :: Refresh in progress

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Aren’t they basically bc coilovers? If you measure the springs you can find other of the same rate and size.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Just phone BC and ask for some replacement springs.

Bren's the UK distributor for BC Racing so he should be able to sort you out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TomB View Post
    I have a set of Apex coilovers on my 13 from the glory days of Bren’s wonderous group buys, the springs are shot.. coating is ruined and they are rusty.

I think they are too rough for powder coating, and ideally I’d like to replace them, so wondering if anyone knows of a solution?

TIA
    If the springs are ok, (when you say they are shot, do they still work the same?)

they will be bead blasted before powder coating, or you could get them bead blast and clear coated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Just to give you an idea about bead blasting and powder coating...

This was an S13 subframe covered in surface rust. Got it bead blasted and powder coated (the black bit) just to get the photo polished up the diff, painted the drive shafts with hammerite and fitted Apex fully adjustable arms (I think they were ‘Hard Race’ - but Bren marketed them as his own...)

That’s what bead blasting and powder coating will do for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Apex still do the springs along with all the spares as had a few locking collars from them... or driftworks do HSD ones that fit my apex coilovers. Just check the measurements

Rides
    Coilover springs are very generic and are categorised by the internal diameter (usually 2.25inch or 2.5 inch) so just measure the internal diameter and overall length and you can choose from a vast choice of spring rates from somewhere like Demon tweeks. You should stick to a spring rate thats fairly close to the originals otherwise the internal valving will move outside of its optimal damping range..

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/moto...sion-steering/
    Last edited by hooky; 06-07-2020 at 11:07.

Rides
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll get them off and see if they can be blasted an re-coated as none of them appear to be broken, just very crusty! I was reluctant to do this, as I've found powder coat prone to cracking if there's any kind of flex in the parts.

Interesting regarding compatibility with others, and good to hear Bren might still be able to supply spares.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Aren’t they basically bc coilovers? If you measure the springs you can find other of the same rate and size.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Just phone BC and ask for some replacement springs.

Bren's the UK distributor for BC Racing so he should be able to sort you out.
    Looks like the BC website have every component you could need, thanks gents.