Thread: fusebox relocation and headlight wiring.

Rides

fusebox relocation and headlight wiring.

I've just had a tubed front end made and my fuse-box needs moved into the interior.

I already have the fuse-box pulled out.

Car is a street car which will see often track use. I intend to keep creature comforts such as AC etc. im thinking of putting the fusebox in either the passenger airbag location or in the glove box. anybody got any recommendations on where is best? i also need to route my headlight wiring harness somewhere... any ideas on where i can route it? if i come out near the ecu harness or even in the same grommet as the ecu harness then would that cause interference issues on the engine harness?

ive started dissecting the headlight loom and notice there's a lot of earth cables that go from one of the earth mounting points to the other. is there a reason for this or can i cut them out to condense the loom?

i also noticed a lot of the earths double back and loop on themselves... again is there a reason or can chop them down and shorten them?

any help appreciated. Thanks.

Rides
    Hey,

I've done this to my s14a (basically the same setup..).

I relocated the fuse box to the glove box as I wanted to keep my airbag. I never figured out a neat way to fix it, so I just locked it shut so a passenger doesn't open it

I rebuilt the OS light loom as it was too short and relocated both light looms through the ecu harness grommet on the passenger side and ran them down the chassis rail. I also extended a couple of the gearbox looms and put them through a grommet near the gearbox.

I tidied up the earths, grouped them where possible... I now no longer have any wiring going through the OS arch.

I relocated the battery at the same time, and I also have no ABS or aircon so you may have to do a little bit more than above as I stripped all this out my loom to simplify it

Its a chunky job, and I'd recommend doing it all in one go (as its easy to get lost!). But so worth it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Hey,

I've done this to my s14a (basically the same setup..).

I relocated the fuse box to the glove box as I wanted to keep my airbag. I never figured out a neat way to fix it, so I just locked it shut so a passenger doesn't open it

I rebuilt the OS light loom as it was too short and relocated both light looms through the ecu harness grommet on the passenger side and ran them down the chassis rail. I also extended a couple of the gearbox looms and put them through a grommet near the gearbox.

I tidied up the earths, grouped them where possible... I now no longer have any wiring going through the OS arch.

I relocated the battery at the same time, and I also have no ABS or aircon so you may have to do a little bit more than above as I stripped all this out my loom to simplify it

Its a chunky job, and I'd recommend doing it all in one go (as its easy to get lost!). But so worth it.
    Cheers buddy. I've also taken abs out which makes it look so much better. Good to know you put it through ecu grommet with no issues 😎. I take it now your glove box had to have the inside cut off? 😂