Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: White/black lives matter thing.

Rides
    The father in law has just been struck down with TB....

Unfortunately it does seem to have stemmed from the massive amount of immigrant employees now at the Churchill factory where he works, English really is not the first language anymore.... how does health and safety actually work when people can not communicate with each other?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    The father in law has just been struck down with TB....

Unfortunately it does seem to have stemmed from the massive amount of immigrant employees now at the Churchill factory where he works, English really is not the first language anymore.... how does health and safety actually work when people can not communicate with each other?

Oh crap.

Make sure he gets medication and treatment but also make sure he sits outside a lot when he can

Not to stop spreading it, fresh air is very therapeutic with TB

Wish him well mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    With the covid going on it went un diagnosed until it was serious enough put him in hospital for 8 days, he's now been told at least 6 months before he'll be well enough go back...

Just as the factory are making just about everyone who grew up in the pottery industry redundant in favour of the new cheap labour.

What a way to end 35yrs as a kilnsman

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    With the covid going on it went un diagnosed until it was serious enough put him in hospital for 8 days, he's now been told at least 6 months before he'll be well enough go back...

Just as the factory are making just about everyone who grew up in the pottery industry redundant in favour of the new cheap labour.

What a way to end 35yrs as a kilnsman

Ah **** mate, that is really sad, I truly hope he gets better soon

If he could get his own Kiln, he should try doing his own stuff. There is a big market for bespoke terracotta and pottery

It’s probably the new cheap labour bringing the TB in, or the Chinese have started eating Badgers

Rides
    So the hospital have said, it was as good as eradicated in the UK, but it seems to thrive amongst the poorer countries and there is such a rapid turnover of staff from poland/Romania and similar places in S-o-t you couldn't pin down who's the carrier anyway.

You can see why places like stoke are "racist" the decline in our industries and local towns is immense, Dalton and Wedgwood all moving production to China, and "proud to be brittish" factories being anything but that with the staff they employ.

Pretty much every single person in stoke knows someone or is themselves very much affected by this work culture, and everytime you open the local paper the criminal section is 9 times out of 10 a name you can't pronounce.

This coupled with the way the media reports on things such as BLM is going to cause riots round here, and I'm sure other northern towns or in a very similar situation.

I work for the electricity board, and as such get to see the whole area, and every influential "white" posh part of town has nothing but contempt for the immigrants, where as when I as a white guy turn up in some of or city centre deprived areas I get shouted at and racially abused to get out of the black part of town, even tho I'm there to try and help them get power back into their house....

Also I'm aftmraid to say that I haven't been to a "white english" cannabis farm for the best part of 5yrs, where as it's at least 4 times a week we are called to safety check a farm one of our friends from abroad has started and destroyed someone's rental house in the process.

I do believe that the "going easy" on ethnic minorities who are caught is done on purpose in this country to keep us all on opposite sides and stop everyone from banding together to oppose the real threat to our happiness- the government

Rides
    And to me, that's it. It's culture. Not skin colour. It is entirely the culture you're exposed to. James O'Brien made a good point during the Brexit coverage that if you live your whole life in somewhere that is in decline, that becomes your only point of reference for the world.

So in today's news, you've now got an Olympic Runner detained on a stop and search for a motoring offense kicking off that the MET commissioner should consider her position. Why? For a routine search following a traffic stop? Both her and the driver are video'd and appear to be uncooperative.

But it makes a good social media story.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post

So in today's news, you've now got an Olympic Runner detained on a stop and search for a motoring offense kicking off that the MET commissioner should consider her position. Why? For a routine search following a traffic stop? Both her and the driver are video'd and appear to be uncooperative.

It is a fact that the metropolitan police are institutionally racist, this was verified years ago.

Do you think it is normal and acceptable for two law abiding citizens to be handcuffed in front of their child when they have not broken the law ?

How many times have you been handcuffed in front of your children/family when you have not broken the law ?

Would a white couple driving a merc both get handcuffed in front of their children when they have not broken the law ?

The MET are claiming they have done nothing wrong, but for me surely that's wrongful arrest, when I have seen the police perpetrate this form of racial terrorism on ethnic minorities they don't get the handcuffs or batons out until they have verified that the person being stopped and searched has broken the law.

Rides
    And to me, that's it. It's culture. Not skin colour. It is entirely the culture you're exposed to. James O'Brien made a good point during the Brexit coverage that if you live your whole life in somewhere that is in decline, that becomes your only point of reference for the world.

All lives matter.

I don’t know what skin colour / race / religion

When I was 10, they used to wheel the. Oh TV out on the stand with a VHS video underneath. They made us watch “Blue Peter”.... it was supposed to teach us to be more accepting.... but we giggled

Firstly

John with Tourette’s

https://youtu.be/KtCG0wG-5E0

And then then the classic. Joey Deacon, we would run around honking like deranged geese calling our friends “Joey”

https://youtu.be/wZF0DJRQo_Y

When there are people with impediments like that, what does it matter what skin colour / race or religion they are?

Rides
    All lives do matter, but I do get the sentiment that the Black community feels it needs special attention at the moment so sort the injustices.

Perhaps a better way of saying it is that "All lives matter when Black lives matter".

But there's just far too much social media coverage of "victim" mentality. For example, Bianca Williams, there's literally 30 seconds of video taken at the end of the encounter that the internet has already made their mind up about. But there's no context. There's no video of the start of the stop, no video of the explanation, nothing. Just video of when her fella was taken from the car.

They may not be justified, they may be. But without more evidence it's just going to be them vs. the Met.

Rides
    All lives do matter, but I do get the sentiment that the Black community feels it needs special attention at the moment so sort the injustices.

Perhaps a better way of saying it is that "All lives matter when Black lives matter".

But there's just far too much social media coverage of "victim" mentality. For example, Bianca Williams, there's literally 30 seconds of video taken at the end of the encounter that the internet has already made their mind up about. But there's no context. There's no video of the start of the stop, no video of the explanation, nothing. Just video of when her fella was taken from the car.

They may not be justified, they may be. But without more evidence it's just going to be them vs. the Met.
    Why?

I used to go out with a black girl and the black men used to spit at us on the street. Because she was with a white man.

You have to have it both ways. Whites not be racist and blacks not be racist

If you want to be racist, target the chinks. Their bat eating culture has killed hundreds of thousands and the TB outbreak here is probably due to one of them eating a badger

Rides
    Why what?

Rides
    Did the media not say the Olympic runners partner failed to stop? And that second bloke who was killed by a cop in America was drink driving and pointed a taser at a cop. A white person would have been shot for that. Are we just going to ignore the fact he could have ran someone over and killed them? Media makes him out to be a sound person

Rides
    There's all sorts being said. Some are saying they drove on the wrong side of the road. Some are saying the windows were beyond the legal limit for tint.

Critically, I believe nobody knows what happened except those officers and the occupants of the car.

The video starts at the point of being instructed to leave the car and at the point of being detained for the search. You can read into that either way depending on your bias, and we all have bias.

Me personally, I question why the recording only starts at that point. If it truly was as scary as Ms. Williams is reporting, I believe in this day and age she would have recorded it from the start. You don't get detained immediately for a stop and search, you're asked. I wonder if she made it difficult for the sake of being difficult.

I don't buy it. I think we live in an age of social media showboating and being a victim is trendy.

But I stress, all of this is subjective conjecture and none of it is proven.

On the flip side, people flocking to her aide are making all the exact opposite assumptions. She had done no wrong. She was dragged out immediately. The officers were scary. They were pulled over because they were Black.

You'll never get to the bottom of it.