Thread: BMC Bleeding issues

Rides

BMC Bleeding issues

Alright brake fans.

I've installed new brake lines throughout the car, and decided to replace the seals in the BMC while the system was decommissioned. Took my time, took photos, carefully re-assembled the BMC in what I am pretty sure is the correct way.

Today I have attempted to bench bleed the BMC. All fine for the front port, but nothing is coming out the rear and I can't push the cylinder in beyond an inch or so.

I can only assume I've somehow in fact re-assembled it wrong, and the rear cylinder isn't able to move for some reason. But before I have a brake fluid fest and make a mess taking the thing apart again, is there something else I've missed? Could it somehow be airlocked and there is a magic way to unblock?

20200622_190332 by DaveyBoyDave, on Flickr

Rides
    What a douchebag. I thought I was being clever using bleed nipples as a way of clagging the tubes onto the ports for bleeding, but they were sealing against the convex nozzle things in the ports! The front port must not have quite sealed it shut and let the fluid flow.

Hillariously, it wasn't until i'd dissassembled the BMC and tried to blow through the bleed nipples that I realised.

Ah well, sorted now.