Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What has been your favourite car?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Solid choice in cars sir

My sx is still my favourite but the zetec s is potentially more fun for me.
    Unfortunately I no longer own the Zetec S, it's most likely a fridge now I've got a clio 182 track car and although it's comparable but 'better' and faster than the Fiesta was (it's a dedicated, caged, track car so should be!) it's still missing something the Fiesta had, and it'll never have the sentimental value of the Fiesta. It's also currently not running right so made me miss a track day today, French shit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    What are you disliking about it?
    Really difficult to completely nail down what it is, for various reasons I just don't engage with it like I've done with previous cars.

I never really lusted after an S15 and only bought this because I'd had a few too many vodkas one night and it was cheap,.

Also early on I used to think the SXOC was an elitist bunch but a vast majority of the S15 lot are a whole next level (I'm talking social media here not forums) and I think that sours it a bit perhaps.

maybe over time ill come around

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Just join in with the s14 guys, it’s essentially the same car after all. I find the s15oc on Facebook to be the best place for info of all the Facebook groups But it can be toxic too.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Unfortunately I no longer own the Zetec S, it's most likely a fridge now I've got a clio 182 track car and although it's comparable but 'better' and faster than the Fiesta was (it's a dedicated, caged, track car so should be!) it's still missing something the Fiesta had, and it'll never have the sentimental value of the Fiesta. It's also currently not running right so made me miss a track day today, French shit.
    The zetec-s is painfully slow, even with the Puma engine. Should be better once I’ve finished the conversion and it has 220ish bhp though. Never drive a Clio but they’re meant to be fun.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    The zetec-s is painfully slow, even with the Puma engine. Should be better once I’ve finished the conversion and it has 220ish bhp though. Never drive a Clio but they’re meant to be fun.
    Do you know what it weighs Chris? should be a bit of a weapon once finished

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    Really difficult to completely nail down what it is, for various reasons I just don't engage with it like I've done with previous cars.

I never really lusted after an S15 and only bought this because I'd had a few too many vodkas one night and it was cheap,.

Also early on I used to think the SXOC was an elitist bunch but a vast majority of the S15 lot are a whole next level (I'm talking social media here not forums) and I think that sours it a bit perhaps.

I know what you mean with the wanting thing. If you didn't really want it at the start, it's hard to grow to love it after. I'm trying to buy a new bike at the moment and there's not a lot I'm having any kind of emotional connection to and, thus, finding it hard to find something that I'll fall in love with.

On the elitist side - wow, you should try Porsche ownership

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post

You should meet Z32 owners online they are on a whole new “Elitist” level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    For me it’s my S14a, looks, power, turbo, rarity, jdm, what’s not to like!

I did enjoy my first car which was a ‘93 1.4 RT Clio, as others have said it’s fun to drive wot everywhere.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    Do you know what it weighs Chris? should be a bit of a weapon once finished

Around 1000kg at a guess, they’re a bit lighter standard but I have bigger brakes, wheels and a rear cage. Should be fun and if it’s not quick enough then a turbo swap and a map will see 300+ Bhp. Don’t think it’ll be needed though.

Rides

What has been your favourite car?

My Renault 19 defo my fave , was a phase 2 16v executive ,stripped out so weighed Around 1000 kg was fully poly bushed , engine was built by hill power and was running around 220 hp and revved to 9500 was great fun ! Proper miss that car , was always broken but loved it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pegliobagli; 12-06-2020 at 17:26.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    If you didn't really want it at the start, it's hard to grow to love it after.
    Nail and head I think

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pegliobagli View Post
    My Renault 19 defo my fave , was a phase 2 16v executive ,stripped out so weighed Around 1000 kg was fully poly bushed , engine was built by hill power and was running around 220 hp and revved to 9500 was great fun ! Proper miss that car , was always broken but loved it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    How much did that engine cost?

Banned
    Rides
    Im so huge fan Mustang! is my dream! I grow up with this car!

Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    How much did that engine cost?

Honestly can’t remember as it must be at least 15 years ago now but it wasn’t cheap . it was running custom cams , solid lifters , larger pistons the works ! Was a lot of fun I always get carried away with these things , my Silvia can attest to that

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd
    Last edited by pegliobagli; 13-06-2020 at 06:38.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pegliobagli View Post
    Honestly can’t remember as it must be at least 15 years ago now but it wasn’t cheap . it was running custom cams , solid lifters , larger pistons the works ! Was a lot of fun I always get carried away with these things , my Silvia can attest to that

I once got a ridiculous quote from Mountune to convert my CA into a high revving NA

They wanted at least 10K and that was just for the metal work. It required them to do the electronics as well

Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I once got a ridiculous quote from Mountune to convert my CA into a high revving NA

They wanted at least 10K and that was just for the metal work. It required them to do the electronics as well

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me in the slightest ha ha it’s ridiculously expensive to make high revving power from an na , I had a couple of type r’s after that and some of the parts were crazy money ! Like a carbon intake was a grand for 10hp people spend thousands on them for like 30-40 Jp saying that high revving power on boost isn’t cheap either as I found out with my ve
    Got me thinking now an Na ca on tb would sound nuts

Rides
    Hitler should supercharge it

Rides
    I always find my rubbish cars are my best/favourite.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    I always find my rubbish cars are my best/favourite.
    It's because you get to drive them hard and not give two hoots.

Rides
    This nugget is the best car I have ever owned, only broke down 5 times over 8 years of ownership 2.0L 16v love how it screams when you get it going, as you can tell I love my mk3 golfs haha

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk