Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What has been your favourite car?

Rides

What has been your favourite car?

Not your best but favourite?

Mine was a Zircon Blue MG Montego Turbo

It was rubbish, spent most of time fixing it. Engine oil sludged due to the breathers. Stank of oil most of the time when the crappy Motorbuild exhaust didn’t fall off. Oh and it melted the Actuator pipe so ran at 2 bar boost most of the time

But it was fun when it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Probably my old L reg hilux surf.

3.0 td auto, did about 18mpg, slow and old.

Payed 1000 quid, ran for 3yrs at a total cost of £160 in service parts.

Could park anywhere and not worry about scratches etc. Everything worked. Retro cool looks.

Sold for £800 with a cracked cylinder head.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DLowe; 07-06-2020 at 22:34.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Probably my old L reg hilux surf.

3.0 td auto, did about 18mpg, slow and old.

Payed 1000 quid, ran for 3yrs at a total cost of £160 in service parts.

Could park anywhere and not worry about scratches etc. Everything worked. Retro cool looks.

Sold for £800 with a cracked cylinder head.

I destroyed my Montego. Hit some Mud and it torque steered into the side of an Asda Lorry. Gearbox got ripped off. Petrol station attendants dragged me out of the car and then put out the fire. Asda had the cheek to go after me for the bill to fix the scratches

Rides
    Probably my R32 - I had got it just how I wanted it, a perfect ~250bhp street car with big brakes and coilies, HICAS locked out, well set up and proper fast road. Looked and sounded well. Then I had to sell it.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I think about this alot and it would be between my 180sx and my JZX100. The JZX100 did everything, I should never have sold it, especially as they climb in value now. It was fast, comfortable, sounded great and looked great (from 20ft).

My 180sx was the opposite in almost everyway, it was unreliable, it looked rough as, it was pretty uncomfortable..... but when it worked, it all worked and it was amazing. I loved it as much as I hated it.

Since R32 GTR's are now crazy money, I'll probably never get one. I have a feeling I'll end up back in an S-body even though after the 180 I swore I'd never have another SR powered car in my life again haha.

Rides
    I've only owned, in my name, 4 cars and I've been driving .. for 17 years. I don't think that qualifies me really compared to the amount that some people have owned. Driven various company cars but nothing that stirred my soul.

my old S13 - CA18 beaut, went to the scrapyard when the rear subframe mounts started going. Renault Laguna (inherited off my brother when he moved to Switzerland), went to the scrapyard when the thing failed an MOT, my 180sx in repair at the moment and my comfy but VTEC 2001 2.0 Honda Accord, slow but sometimes fun if you don't expect too much from it I can't bring myself to get rid of it and buy something else, it just works.

my favourite out of the lot is the 180 - can fit 4 people in, just, can go to pick up stuff that's quite big due to hatchback, can go fast, due to RB, much more reliable than my old S13 ever was as I've been doing the work instead of farming it out to other people. shame I ran out of skill and crashed it, but heyho. it'll return.

I can figure out lots of cars that'll do any of things it's good at better than it but I love a hatchback and I can't find anything similar that's as fun.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    My s14, until someone wrote it off. My mk5 Fiesta Zetec S holds a special place in my heart too!

Rides
    I dont have one car that towers above the rest, but i can order them.

At the bottom of the list the very disappointing E46 330cd - was relatively quick but was as inert as an Audi dropping a skitter and about as far from a sports car you could get regardless of what crap folk tell you about diesels ect.
    Then my w124, auto box - had the straight six petrol and... well it could lift up its skirt and shift when it wanted too. Ok about 9 sec to 60 aint mega quick but it did it without drama and was a lovely car to drive regardless of its age, i will miss that one.
    Now i have my Mx5, mk4 ND - big pipes on it and a remap for 180ish bhp, its fast below about 80, really is quick swift and i have seen 0-60 in sub 6s several times with those gps testers - however accurate that may be. The new ND for 2020 has this amount of power and can do 5.9ish to 60 if given a good hoof so mine is not far off. Its not without its drawbacks, its keyless entry is garbage and i have had to reprogram the infotainment system because the stock one sucks harder than a pro hooker. It also has some give in the suspension which the springs i have for it will fix when i get them on. When i say "give" i mean there is a little bit of softness built in to not scare newbies to RWD sports cars but drive through this and it moves like a house fly.

Then there is the old s14a 200sx i had for ever, did several drag days (13 dead is the best i got before blowing the engine and rebuild) i never fully tested it out after rebuild but it was all there for 400ish and Christ did it shift - ok its a meme on here about stg2 and how quick an SR is but its true a 300ish S14 is ****ing fast and will keep e46 M3s in sight in acceleration runs no problem. But it always felt like it wanted to kill me - full bore runs when crossing the road for overtakes was a butt clenching time in the wet even with rltc and at least 3 full suspension rebuilds. But it was great.

Then there is my first car i actually owned myself, first gen primera eGT - 150bhp, about 1150 kilos. FWD and a chassis still brilliant today. No it wasntnt mega quick but its handling was godly and even today i am trying to replicate it with the mx5.

Rides
    My favourite car is my current 200 SX S13. It has only let me down once in 7 years and in that time I've put 22K miles on it and kept it standard. I have spent a reasonable amount of money on it though keeping it going. It's alright to look at and if you put your foot down in the rain it will slide.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    My s14, until someone wrote it off. My mk5 Fiesta Zetec S holds a special place in my heart too!
    Solid choice in cars sir

My sx is still my favourite but the zetec s is potentially more fun for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    When I had finished my s14a it was quite a special thing. Everything about it made for a great road car.

My favourite has to be my current fun car my Westfield. If you get a good one they are so much fun. Super light on consumables (trackdays). Parts are cheap (old ford bits). It feels fast when it's not going fast. Feels really fast when it is going fast. Buttons to insure. I have the confidence to work on it as stuff is easy to get to and relatively simple. It's not depriciating. I don't know why more people don't do it.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Omg! I have so many for different reasons! Dimma 205 on itb's for obvious reasons, megane rs225, current bmw 123d couple (power and economy), s13 (first s-body) and so on. My JZX110 is wonderfully comfortable but too juicy for a daily (will get round to selling it at some point soon!). My Evo 2 is nice but just doesn't give me the fizz that my old s14a did. That was the only car I've kept for more than a year or so (almost 9 years) as it was fun to drive, easy to work on, reliable and every time I got in it to drive , it felt like an event.

That will be my fave for a long long time unless something really special finds it's way into my garage! The Evo comes close but not quite there.

Rides
    Oof, this is tricky...

Second Ford Puma I had. B18 JRK. Over 15 years old and standard apart from an induction kit but I think it gave me most fun out of anything I’ve had before or since.

Honourable mentions for Citroen Xsara VTR (which was the first of only two brand spank8ng cars I’ve ever had and replaced with an SX), Audi A6 3.0tdi, and my first Jag S-type
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    My S13 will always be my favourite and after 7 years owning I still have no plans of selling. It’s ace to drive and I just plan my next mod so I never get bored.

However a close second is my Abarth 595 Competizione. 180bhp, valved exhaust, Koni suspension and 4 pot brembo’s made it a serious bit of kit and so much fun. You would arrive at every destination with a huge smile on your face. I regret selling it but I only sold it to get a car that could tow the old nissan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    ive only owned a few cars...

Nova GTE
    Punto GT
    S14a
    S15

I'd have to say the Punto was the most fun, felt quicker than all of them (although wasn't it was about 200bhp) but it took a beating, was on limit sounded the absolute tits.

and which one do I dislike the most probably the S15

Rides
    Favourite car and the only car I've regretted selling, was my old dc2, not the quickest in straight lines, but an absolute hoot on back roads and twisties.
    2nd favourite has to be my current 13, even though its probably done 3500 miles in the last 3 years, 2500 of which were done across europe in 5 days last year, with a cheeky stop at the nurburgring for good measure.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Not your best but favourite?

Mine was a Zircon Blue MG Montego Turbo

It was rubbish, spent most of time fixing it. Engine oil sludged due to the breathers. Stank of oil most of the time when the crappy Motorbuild exhaust didn’t fall off. Oh and it melted the Actuator pipe so ran at 2 bar boost most of the time

But it was fun when it worked

Eventually it will probably be my Z34 when it is finished

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    and which one do I dislike the most probably the S15
    What are you disliking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pea View Post
    Favourite car and the only car I've regretted selling, was my old dc2, not the quickest in straight lines, but an absolute hoot on back roads and twisties.
    I do miss mine a little bit (and in a lot of ways the FN2 sat outside is as a direct consequence of that yearning) but I'm not sure I'd have it back. It was my 95%/5% car. 5% of the time on the right road in the right conditions with no traffic and without a screaming Mrs by the side of me, absolutely fabulous. 95% of the time, sat with the NVH and the black plastic dashboard and the bumpy ride and the dead steering I just wanted to be somewhere else. That car took so much out of me that I ended up buying a big BMW wafter as a complete swing to the other side of the fence.

Rides
    My mum's old fiesta 1.1 Poplar. Slow as fcuk, a plethora of beige and brown, WOT everywhere you went. Technically never owned it as she sold it to my mate but the drive back up to Liverpool via Sheffield was a real hoot

Rides
    This was the second car I ever owned. I loved it. The induction roar was orgasmic.

I quite enjoyed Precious. I wouldn't have kept it for as long otherwise.

My current favourite isn't a car, its this