Thread: Insurance help: FMIC power increase dyno graph?

Rides

Insurance help: FMIC power increase dyno graph?

Hi all,

The lovely people at admiral insurance refuse to insure a front mount on my CA18DET s13.

After about 4 calls I finally got onto someone who was willing to help me out. In order for them to consider insuring it I have to prove to them that it would only result in a marginal increase in power.

Does anybody have a dyno graph or something similar or a power reading before/after installing a front mount intercooler?

Many thanks
    Jez

Rides
    Once you hit this stage with Admiral, it'll all go downhill from here and turn to absolute shit.

Years ago I bought a GTS-t skyline which had a HKS SSQV dump valve on it. First they said no problem. Then it was a problem. It was because it increases power. No it doesn't I said. Yes it does they said. Prove it doesn't they said. Proved it didn't and they cancelled my policy anyway because they didn't believe me that I'd taken it off (quite rightly cos I hadn't lol).

Ditch em, take the hit and go with a provider that gets modified cars. Plenty of them.

Rides
    500% Uptick for Greenlight for a fast, efficient and decently priced quote every year for a modified S body. Can't be beat IMHO.

Rides
    As said ditch them, I’m with A Plan and have been for while now so worth a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    A-plan have been mint for me, the Admiral Group are an absolute joke when it comes to modifications, I once spent 20 minutes explaining to a woman what a ****ing steering wheel is! A-plan just note the mods, you give them a rough power increase (if any) and they quote on that.

Rides
    Walk away, dont mess about with insurers.. if they are going to be a pain in the arse then simply find another.

Rides
    As a above. Think about it this way, if they are being this absurd while apparently trying to keep your business, how do you think they’ll be when you have to make a claim?

New insurer time.

Rides
    I’d recommend either Adrian flux or Sky Insurance. Neither bat an eye lid at anything I’ve done to my car. Currently with Adrian Flux and paid £274 fully comp with all mods declared this year. They’ll want a mods list and power increase when you first sign up.
    Last edited by sx rider; 24-05-2020 at 11:00.

Rides
    Find a different insurer.

However, the closest I think you'll find is the difference between standard and stage 1 tune:

https://h-dev.co.uk/product/s13-stag...ip-200-220bhp/

Rides
    Ha Trust me I've been looking for any reason to leave the admiral group for the last few years, but when their price is more than half of every other insurer you can't help but stay.

Will give your suggestions a go though, thanks for the advice people