Thread: CA18DET No Crank

Rides

CA18DET No Crank

I have here my 1989 s13 with CA18DET, its not been started in a while. But when I have gone to start the vehicle and it didn't crank it something clicked (assuming a relay) and no i have no power to anything. I have no power to windows, lights or any accessories and the engine still doesn't crank. When i turn the ignition nothing happens as if there was no battery connected, I've tried jumping the vehicle and still nothing. I checked all fuses and they all seemed okay. I then checked the signals and feeds from the ignition switch, and they all seem to be okay. I then checked for power and earth to the ECU and they all seem fine. When i try the on-board diag lights nothing comes up on the ECU. Thanks in advance for the help

Rides
    I'd charge the battery. Check the terminal connections on the battery and main ground wires.

Had so many jump leads make a shite connection that nothing happens.

Rides
    Agree with above. Get a proper smart charger on the battery first and see if it'll bounce up again. If it's as flat as all that, it might just be toast.

Rides
    cheers guys, indeed battery i dont know why i didnt change before just assumed, wouldnt make a difference if i was jumping it, swapped from daily and power back feel a little stupid now, checked almost everything electrically, lol.
    anyway thats sorted, now wont start but it has been like 2 years so drained all the old petrol out as did try to start with easy start and fuel is looking rather dark. so we will see tomorrow how it goes.
    thanks again

Rides
    Cool. It's nice when phase one is easy lol.

Might just need a while to get the lifters full of oil again.

Rides
    So i changed fuel and fuel filter and it eventually started, but very lumpy and idle 4-500 and any revs would cut it off.
    Checked ecu got 55 i believe that means no problem. Then swapped coil packs over and still the same but noticed 1 amd 4 were slightly fouled and 2 and 3 clean as a daisy. Ran it again and unplugged 2 and 3 coilpacks and no difference in how the engine was running and 1 and 4 shut it off. So obviously running on just 1 and 4.
    Checked i am getting spark on all. And can hear clicking from the injectors as i spin the CAS.
    I have stage 3 chip, 444cc injectors z32 maf etc
    Could it be blocked injectors, or is it a coincidence that its the middle 2.
    What shkuld i check next, how best to check the injectors. All and any help appreciated just stoked it even ran on two it has been a while.

Rides
    Probably just as I said getting compression back from the lifters.

Rides
    Should i just leave it running on 2 cylinders for a while then?

Rides
    Turning the CAS i dont get any clicks on the injectors of cylinder and 2 and 3 but 2 clicks clearly from injectors 1 and 4

Rides
    Thanks guys, car is running pretty good now����
    Feels surreal as it came off the road in 2016 and hopefully this year she will be back on the road.

Rides
    Sorry, missed your replies to this first time around. So was it just the lifters needed a bit of time? Your comment on CAS makes me think dropping resistor might have gone.