Thread: Z33 Rear Brembos

Rides

Question Z33 Rear Brembos

Sup guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Good to see a forum still so active!

I've installed some Z33 Front Brembos on my R33 (same as S14), looking at how to mount the rear properly..

I've had the mounting holes welded and drilled/tapped on the rear and they fit, but to get the car back on the road apparently that's not allowed

I came across this ancient post: https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....er-for-s14-s15

Anyone know if these adapters are readily available? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Rides
    Best off the shelf option might be a 350Z dual caliper bracket from somewhere like GKTech

Rides
    And you reckon they bolt up to s14 knuckles?

Rides
    Call them and ask, but they look like they should.

Rides
    I think i'd get it tested by someone else personally mate. Smooth out any welds and give it a lick of paint so it's hidden and who's to know?

Rides
    I only know of this guy, but that means I'll have to ditch the oem 350z discs i already have...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-370Z...AAAOSw6u1ZeE2S

Someone needs to make an adapter for the oem 350z rear discs, those would sell like hot potatoes
    Last edited by speedingmofa; 18-05-2020 at 13:04.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Don’t r33 brembos bolt straight on? Surely swapping to those would be the easiest solution?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Don’t r33 brembos bolt straight on? Surely swapping to those would be the easiest solution?
    They do, but they cost about a grand due to GTR tax. The 350Z ones can be found for half that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    I only know of this guy, but that means I'll have to ditch the oem 350z discs i already have...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-370Z...AAAOSw6u1ZeE2S

Someone needs to make an adapter for the oem 350z rear discs, those would sell like hot potatoes
    You might be onto a winner! I can live with having to get new discs. Apparently GKTech have something in the works, just not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    They do, just GTR tax is alot. And good luck finding some for sale in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by flannyyy View Post
    I think i'd get it tested by someone else personally mate. Smooth out any welds and give it a lick of paint so it's hidden and who's to know?
    They're very strict on modifications here in NZ, to get my car back on the road, I have to certify the car which involves an engineer going over the car with a fine tooth-comb. They have a history with boy racers doing dumb shit to their cars, making it a pain for the rest of us who want to do things properly.

Thanks for your help guys, that ebay link could be a goer.

Rides

Z33 Rear Brembos

Nissan have mucked around with the mountings on their brakes. R34 / Z33 Brembo’s will not fit the Z34 (they use Akebono) but not sure if they would be an upgrade anyways. R35 Brembo’s are even harder to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro