Thread: Sparco Rev Vs Evo Vs Grid

Rides

Sparco Rev Vs Evo Vs Grid

Hello all.. it's been a long while since I was active on here and time for me to pull my finger out and get the car operational again. Part of which is upgrading the seats,

I currently have a crusty old first gen Sparco Rev seat, which is not bad at all and I fit in it reasonably well. I'm 5ft 10" 31" waist so not exactly massive.
    I had planned on getting out and trying each seat in a show room but it's hard currently.

I initially thought of going for the latest gen Rev as it's a good price and FIA approved, however when looking the Grid and Evo also caught my eye.

Now the Grid is quite different, and looks like it would be more comfortable but might be suited to a slightly larger person and I don't want to rattle around inside it.
    The Evo looks like a better version of the Rev, slightly wider shoulders, better grip material & cushions but it's roughly £100 per seat more and I'm struggling to understand what that really buys you.

So, I guess, and question to the wider family... has anyone got experience of any or all of these and could impart some knowledge? TIA!
    S13 No2 :: Refresh in progress

Rides
    Loved my old Evo's, had a pair of them in my 14a back in the day. Really comfy, good for track and road. Did around a 1000 mile trip incl a track day at oulton in them with no issues.

Awkward if you need to get to the back but other than that i thought they were brilliant.

Rides
    Pro2000 is a very comfortable seat and fits in an S14 really well

Rides
    ive a sparco Corsa in mine, I opted for it as they have higher sides and a thicker all in one seat base. although I also have some pro2000's sat in my spare room that are a nice fit. im a 30/32" waist skinny fooker though. im sure I saw sparco were selling non FIA approved ones if you want to save some money and are not going racing.

motordrive make some nice seats, they use a nicer more hardwearing material, I had a prodrive one a long time ago that I regret selling.

Rides
    I've got the Sparco Grid-Q (QRT version) and it's quite light (~6kg). It's comfy for 33" waist, the only downside I see is the higher side supports at the legs... getting in and out is a yoga exercise. But it's the cheapest of them all and does the job quite well.
    You can re-arrange a bit the cushions (they're velcro mounted). I'd suggest you try them out, the support for your shoulders is quite important and each person has their own preference.