Thread: Anyone customised emerald green on their sx?

Rides

Anyone customised emerald green on their sx?

No doubt I will get some stick but still going to ask

My 14a will be now going for a full respray, gone through pretty much every colour on the spectrum but you no what I like the emerald green. I've seen a few pictures here and there and they just seem to 'pop' more seem a lot richer in colour so wondering if and what people have had done ? Or is it just well lit, well polished that makes them seem like they have been changed?

Any thoughts, or idea's on what has been done or can be done?

stu

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxstu View Post
    No doubt I will get some stick but still going to ask

My 14a will be now going for a full respray, gone through pretty much every colour on the spectrum but you no what I like the emerald green. I've seen a few pictures here and there and they just seem to 'pop' more seem a lot richer in colour so wondering if and what people have had done ? Or is it just well lit, well polished that makes them seem like they have been changed?

Any thoughts, or idea's on what has been done or can be done?

stu
    Unless you've seen the paint in real life, then you need to take pictures with a pinch of salt. Professional lighting and photoshop can make poor paint look like a show car.

If I remember correctly, Emerald Green is mainly green and blue pearl. Pearls need good light sources to show their full potential so it can make the colour not look it's best on a cloudy day. Also the difference between 20 year old original paint and a fresh new paint job with modern quality clearcoats, a good quality flat and polish and professional paint protection is massive.

Best option is to purchase a "speed shape" block, get it painted in the colour you want and look at it in different kinds of lights to see if it's what you want.

Rides
    Gotta look good for the gram.

Photoshop and filters are everywhere mate. I’d be very surprised if you saw Emerald looking that good in real life.

Rides
    Cheers guys

It's funny. When I was first looking at buying a 14a green was my last choice, ended up going for green one as everything else was spot on and when i went to view it it was polished and shining in the sun and it look so much better than a mates one in green. But now I've been told its having a full respray rather than blow over were needed and can change the colour if you like its sent my ocd in to over drive haha. Might drop in a see the lads at the paint supplies and see if they can do a couple of samples and play with the colour. May not work but hay I may aswell but i do like the midnight purple haha

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    @L16jay on Instagram is the car you want to look at. Don’t think he comes on here much anymore.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cheers chris. Just had a look and yep that's the car I've seen pic's off looks awesome!

Rides
    Kuro black. Job done.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxstu View Post
    Cheers chris. Just had a look and yep that's the car I've seen pic's off looks awesome!

He had it repainted so he may of had it customised a little. The paint is well looked after though so it could just be that it’s really fresh. Not too many have the green repainted.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Not too many have the green repainted.
    Most people are sane that's why

Rides
    my customized emerald green haha i was never really a big fan of the colour

Rides
    You could always have it blown over with a flake lacquer or the like.

Rides
    That looks awesome