Thread: Current S14 Strut Options

Rides

Current S14 Strut Options

Hi All

I need to buy my suspension shortly and I'm curious to people's experiences. The modern offerings are pretty different.

The three I'm interested in seem to be about the same level and are well supported by UK networks. That's the BC RM, the HSD Monopro and the Tein Flex.

It's a fast road/light track build. Full interior, large wheels. Looking for spring rates in the 8/6 range.

I have knocked out things like Apex'i, Cusco, HKS and Blitz because, well, I don't know anyone with any direct feedback on them. And if they failed, I feel like sending them back would be a PITA.

I've also knocked out KW Variant 3's and anything from Aragosta purely based on price.

I would be super interested to get any up to date opinions or further suggestions on what people have and like. Thanks in advance.

Rides
    I have recently gone through a similar thought process with what looks like a similar budget in mind. I also couldn't justify the big price jump to KWs!

I am literally just fitting BC RMs now, but only 3 of 4 corners done so clearly I can't comment on the most important aspect, which is how they feel on the road/track.

I can say that the quality and adjustability look great, and they fit well - for what it's worth! As a bonus, they're quite a bit lighter thank the Nismo S-Tunes I am taking off: the fronts are 3.3kg a corner lighter (I didn't weigh the rears).

In choosing I took a bit of advice from Lee of Blaktooth fame, who had positive comments about the BCs - as does most of The Internet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Out of your choices, I would go for the Tein Flex, I had the mono flex on my 14 and I absolutely loved them, completely transformed the car (I had hsd monopros prior to the Teins and the difference to me was night and day).
    Not had BCs so can't comment on them, but if the Teins weren't an option, I'd probably consider the BCs.

Rides
    Just to add, mine was set up for fast road and track, and on both, it was faultless (for road use it was much nicer than cs2s as well).

Rides
    Thanks both. I have heard no bad things about BC which is always a positive. The internet doesn't seem to be littered with complaints either.

mr_pea, can you remember the spring rates on your Teins? The Flex 7 are 7/5 which is a step down from the 8/6 I had on my track car, and it feels (in my head) that this is a sensible number.

Rides
    Mine were 7/5 which is probably why I liked them on the road.

Rides
    Thanks bud, that makes your input even more useful.