Thread: Adjustable rear arms.

Rides

Adjustable rear arms.

Hi all. As I am restoring my 14. And noticed rear arms are completely rotten so thought might as well go for adjustable. Question is which rear adjustable are better driftworks or japspeed? Can't make my mind up. I'll be going hard race bushes on hub side. Other question is what are good bushes for diff and subframe? As there are so many. Thanks in advance

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    If it was a choice between Japspeed and Driftworks, I personally would choose Driftworks. Neither are amazing but I would hedge my bets on the DW arms lasting longer but I have no proof of that.

You have other options depending on your budget. GKTech (available at VIP Motorsport), Part Shop Max, SPL, Ikeya Formula.

The same can be said for your diff and subframe. I like a poly mounted subframe and a solid mounted diff. Subframe bushes can come from loads of places like Powerflex, GKTech, Whiteline, Energy Suspension, Driftworks. There is a company called Strongflex but I have never seen them. I would always use Powerflex myself as I like them but I also hear good things about the Whiteline mounts.

Diff bushes are more limited. I bought GKTech, Driftworks do their own and there are tonnes on eBay of unbranded. I don’t suppose there’s too much difference tbh.

Rides
    Not sure if it’s different nowadays but a few years ago some Japspeed stuff was actually hardrace and sold at a slightly lower price, you can normally tell by comparing images.

Personally just go with GKTech though, can’t fault them and they’re still reasonable even if ordered from the Australia site and import fees considered

Rides
    GKTech get my vote over those 2 companies by a country mile. Bought a lot of stuff off them over the years (HICAS Delete Kit, gearbox shifter spring upgrade, hub bushings, subframe reinforcement plates, solid subframe and diff bushes) and all of it was exceptional quality and never had a problem with it. If I was going for anything apart from a road car with mine, I'd be buying their complete suspension arm and hub kit kits.
    I went for solid subframe and diff bushes on my car to eliminate wheel hop. It's the noisy option but I have a Quaife helical diff so the noise isn't all bad.

Rides
    I’m still weighing up the hub kit for mine which will be primarily a road car. I’m not sure how much extra noise joints in the arms over bushes will transmit but I’ll never know as I’ll never drive back to back on another setup.

Rides
    The GKTech arms are actually only a fraction more expensive than the Japspeed and are cheaper than the Driftworks arm set.

I would absolutely go for GKTech in your situation. I might even go for them myself at that price.