Thread: Abs and racelogic tc ....to ditch or not?

Rides

Abs and racelogic tc ....to ditch or not?

Car- fast road daily non drifter. Hd stage 2a tune. Db 345 brakes up front, 300zx rears running 18''s 225 all round for winter and 225/255 summers

Car is currently having rust issues sorted so everything is off and out. Engine, drive train etc so engine is getting a tidy up,air con ditched as knackered, fronts arches rubbed as current are rotten so why not haha. Hist dont no what to do re Tc and abs. Since owning the car I have locked the brakes but never the abs has kicked in as far as I'm aware, tc works fine, probably just a placebo but slight peace of mind for crappy winter driving.

I dont no much about either all I know is the tc uses the abs sensors so if i get rid of the abs will it effect the tc?

In a bit of a 'dont no what to do ' frame of mind :-( any helpful advice would be most grateful :-)

Rides
    Honestly you’ll never drive outside the envelope where ABS would restrict you in a fast road car. And it’s better to have it on the road than not.

I would keep it.

For the record, the TC uses the ABS sensors in the hubs but not the stuff you’d remove if you were removing your AbS (accumulator and hard lines).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Honestly you’ll never drive outside the envelope where ABS would restrict you in a fast road car. And it’s better to have it on the road than not.

I would keep it.

For the record, the TC uses the ABS sensors in the hubs but not the stuff you’d remove if you were removing your AbS (accumulator and hard lines).
    I’m going for TEIN Flex with EDFC Active Pro. Suspension is what you want to do first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Better to have it than not is my view and i managed to get em going regularly on my SX.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Keep the racelogic. It’s a good bit of kit when set up right, can always turn it off if you want some fun.

As above it just uses the abs sensors not the full system.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    As above - if it works and is setup well then keep it. Great thing is that you can just turn it 100% off any time you feel like

Rides
    Mind made up thanks fella's