Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm back, I think...

Rides
    I need the crisis to end so I can sell!

Dave, how are you getting on? There's a grey one on eBay for £9995 that has been through a few owners in the last 12 months, I recognise it. But if it's healthy, it might tick your boxes as jump in fun. It looks tidy. The seller seems to be a garage that comes across as both enthusiastic and uneducated. And the car has certainly climbed in price in the last 12 months.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-20...8AAOSw14ZdxXLV

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    You selling up again piman?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    No sir, just all the bits off this project I don’t need or want. I am struggling for space in my garage and wouldn’t mind making a few quid at the same time.

Just about to wheel it out for the first time in months and start greasing you underneath ready to strip it all down. But reluctant to spend tonnes on it at the moment what with how the world is at the moment.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cool, interested to how this one turns out after the work that went in to the white car

I’m also berried in parts to move on at the moment but can’t be bothered until things are a touch more normal like you say.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I need the crisis to end so I can sell!

Dave, how are you getting on? There's a grey one on eBay for £9995 that has been through a few owners in the last 12 months, I recognise it. But if it's healthy, it might tick your boxes as jump in fun. It looks tidy. The seller seems to be a garage that comes across as both enthusiastic and uneducated. And the car has certainly climbed in price in the last 12 months.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-20...8AAOSw14ZdxXLV
    My mate used to own this and I’ve done a few bits on it. It’s an honest car that had an amazing respray hopefully it’s been kept in good condition. It’s an S14 that’s been made to look like an S14a

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Cool, interested to how this one turns out after the work that went in to the white car
    Kind words, many thanks. It won't be another track car. As much as I would love it to be the principle reason I broke the White car was that I never used it on the road because it was a pain in the backside. But I am conflicted in the spec of the new one because I don't actually drive fast on the road. In the meantime, I'm doing all the underbody ground work until I can decide what I want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    My mate used to own this and I’ve done a few bits on it. It’s an honest car that had an amazing respray hopefully it’s been kept in good condition. It’s an S14 that’s been made to look like an S14a
    There you go dave, it might be an ideal motor for you if you can knock some money off.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Yeah, I've mused over that one a few times on my travels. Thanks for sharing though.

Something about it or the garage just doesn't feel perfect to me. Quoting that horsepower figure without any details of spec and covering up the number plate gets my spider senses tingling.

I'm going to trust my gut and pass on it.
    Last edited by davep v2; 10-04-2020 at 13:49.

Rides

Rides

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I was talking about that black one with a friend yesterday. Seems good value. The car has had some big wheels fitted at some point seeing as the rear arches have been pulled and flared. This shouldn’t matter much as it looks like a good job.

Rides
    Arches have been rolled way too far, you can see where the rear quarter has creased in massively. You'll have a right job sorting that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Arches have been rolled way too far, you can see where the rear quarter has creased in massively. You'll have a right job sorting that.
    I thought that but wasn't sure.

Overfenders it is then

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Hadn’t seen the crease in the rear 1/4

Rides
    Makes you wonder why they were rolled so much with the ride height and offset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Makes you wonder why they were rolled so much with the ride height and offset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I remember the car. It used to have Advan Sienas I think

Rides
    I remember the car. It used to have Advan Sienas I think
    That explains it

Rides
    I honestly hadn't noticed the arches at first glance. If it's reasonably solid then it's still good money I think, though I wouldn't buy it myself as now I've seen it it's all I can see!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Chatted with the owner on FB, and didn't really understand a lot of what was being said. He'd just dropped almost £4k on brakes, but was selling in a hurry. He also told me in his first message that he wouldn't entertain an offer a penny lower than his asking price. That usually tells me that he's probably going to be a nightmare to deal with, so I left it there. He's listed it on eBay with the asking price as his starting price...

I suspect he's going to be waiting a while to shift that one.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I was talking about that black one with a friend yesterday. Seems good value. The car has had some big wheels fitted at some point seeing as the rear arches have been pulled and flared. This shouldn’t matter much as it looks like a good job.
    Looks like a decent car, but appears to have been snatched up. I'm not planning on buying something without seeing it, so I need to bide my time while we're all stuck at home.

Rides
    They’re out there mate, don’t you worry, something will come up for sure. They’re not common cars but there’s always a few coming up.