Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm back, I think...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by davep v2 View Post
    Dal actually rebuilt the bottom end and gearbox on my shitty S13 over a decade ago, so I have quite fond memories of him (and probably him of me too). Good to know he's still chugging along, and definitely an option.
    Just clocked, did we meet at a track & road rr day way back when?

Rides
    I don't think so. My S13 never went on the rollers, but my S14a did.

That's going back almost 15 years now, so I'd be staggered if I left enough of an impression to be remembered after all this time.

Rides
    I've put some feelers out on a couple of the Facebook groups, and had quite a few messages back. A mix of chancers (one bloke wanted "£12k firm" without telling me what engine work had been done)
    Ah ha ha.

Facebook is simultaneously the absolute pits for people with S Bodies while also being one of the best sources of parts because it's free to advertise. There are so many dreamers there though. The drift pre-madonna is definitely the alpha personality on there, you just have to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Also, if you're on Instagram, start following S Body owners and pages, particularly from Aus and the USA. They often link to great suppliers and new cool parts.

Edit - I see your thread. Good group. Also use "180sx / 200sx Parts for sale and Wanted - UK".

Edit 2 - I would absolutely dump anything that has had an engine conversion by anyone other than a garage. Again, reference to the modern SX owner attitude...
    Last edited by piman2k; 01-04-2020 at 14:24.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Ah ha ha.

Facebook is simultaneously the absolute pits for people with S Bodies while also being one of the best sources of parts because it's free to advertise. There are so many dreamers there though. The drift pre-madonna is definitely the alpha personality on there, you just have to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Also, if you're on Instagram, start following S Body owners and pages, particularly from Aus and the USA. They often link to great suppliers and new cool parts.
    You're not wrong. I've just had someone offer me a rusty automatic on ebay special suspension.

Thanks for that. Any recommendations for Instagram pages?

Rides
    Facebook is the world's biggest toilet; I'm convinced of it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Facebook is the world's biggest toilet; I'm convinced of it.
    Hehe, so true. But full of gems. Like a glittery toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by davep v2
    Thanks for that. Any recommendations for Instagram pages?
    240sxcartel, silviarepublic, silviataste, schassis. All good. I follow a few users too like nyaavia, koukiclean, thiagoperelli, hkn_s14 (SXOC user), aaronthippy, hxc_nismo (very good chap to follow), maarten_s14a, r.nelson1985 (nelsonsx on here).

This car looks good - eBay Link

Checked the MoT history of it here and 2 things stand out. Firstly, it looks like it's had honest MoTs based on the advisories. And secondly, it's done 1000 miles in 6 years.

Rides
    This car looks good - eBay Link

Checked the MoT history of it here and 2 things stand out. Firstly, it looks like it's had honest MoTs based on the advisories. And secondly, it's done 1000 miles in 6 years.
    Owner's Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/louis.searle.5
    Owner's Business page:
    https://www.facebook.com/Exetercoachworks/

Would seem this isn't the first one he's had, but the other one he's got he's had for 10 years. Be interesting to see how he came by that one.

Into his cars and bikes though so definitely worth exploring.

Rides
    Owner's Facebook page:
    Owner's Business page:

Would seem this isn't the first one he's had, but the other one he's got he's had for 10 years. Be interesting to see how he came by that one.

Not a bad suggestion, but I'm looking for something with a bit more spec/power than that. I don't really have the time for a full build project right now.

Rides
    If you consider how little stage 1 is though, it’s well worth a punt. I really would take care buying modified. I bet you can do stage 1 for £1000 these days.

Rides
    Owner's Facebook page:
    Owner's Business page:

EDIT: Wrong car!
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 01-04-2020 at 20:47.

Rides
    If you consider how little stage 1 is though, it’s well worth a punt. I really would take care buying modified. I bet you can do stage 1 for £1000 these days.
    It's not just the grand or so on the engine that I'd need to spend. I want coilovers, bigger brakes, wheels, chassis mods.

To start with a good stock example and do all of that, I'd be blowing through my budget. At which point an S14a stops making sense, relative to everything else available for the money.

At £12-14k I'd be buying something else, to be honest.

Rides
    That's a fair point bud, I see where you are. I'll keep my eyes open

Rides
    Much appreciated.

Rides
    CHeap yellow one come up in "UK No1. Nissan 200sx/silvia cars & Parts for Sale & Wanted". Can't link you at the moment. Needs paint.

Rides
    CHeap yellow one come up in "UK No1. Nissan 200sx/silvia cars & Parts for Sale & Wanted". Can't link you at the moment. Needs paint.
    I saw. I don't really want to get into something needing welding or paintwork if I can help it.

Rides
    Hello person from ages ago.

Rides
    Well, I've been offered a couple of very interesting cars over the last day or so. I just need this bloody lockdown to be over so I can get out and see some of them.

Rides
    Well, I've been offered a couple of very interesting cars over the last day or so. I just need this bloody lockdown to be over so I can get out and see some of them.
    Frustrating isn't it. I'm currently sitting on an old motor that needs gone and can't shift it. Well I can but it'd be the bloody pikeys that come round for it that I don't fancy

Rides
    Ditto. Got a box of spares I want to shift including a hybrid front mount kit, a Cusco catch can, front decat, mid decat, an actual catalytic converters to scrap, loads. But not having anyone round or going to the post office.

Rides
    Ditto. Got a box of spares I want to shift including a hybrid front mount kit, a Cusco catch can, front decat, mid decat, an actual catalytic converters to scrap, loads. But not having anyone round or going to the post office.
    I think I've totted up about £400 worth of bits I have in the garage I'm absolutely never going to use