Thread: S13 7 pin Brown box Windscreen Wiper relay

Rides

S13 7 pin Brown box Windscreen Wiper relay

As it says... Anyone ?

Rides
    In passing, anyone know the correct part number for it for a 1994 S13 ?

The label on mine has been completely obliterated by the passing of the years, floods and under bonnet whasanames. Anyone ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
    In passing, anyone know the correct part number for it for a 1994 S13 ?

The label on mine has been completely obliterated by the passing of the years, floods and under bonnet whasanames. Anyone ?
    Should be #28511-89960

Rides
    Thanks for making the effort and looking, but..

That may be right your side of the pond, but over here for Europe spec RHD I don't think so. Your numbers come up with links to 1989 - 1991 180SX, not a match for my Euro spec 1993 S13.

This side of the pond I've been able to get it down to 28510-xxxxx... what I don't know is what digits / letters the five X's stand in for.

"28510" in itself doesn't help at all, as it seems to be the Nissan designation for all models of "Amplifier Assembly, Window Wiper" for all of their cars; the magic is in the last five digits and letters of the designation.

Anyone with an S13 and legible label on their Wiper relay able to pop the bonnet, have a quick shufti and tell me what it is ?

Cheers all.

Rides
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 19-03-2020 at 18:59.

Rides
    Thanks Jonny

That brown one is definitely the one, but no part number is a blow.... bugger.

Do I take it that Van took you up on your offer to take both off your hands ? If he didn't then I will bite your hand off for it.

There are a lot of 28510 modules about on fleabay etc, including similar looking brown ones, but the pins and arrangement etc vary widely and some have the divider referred to, which mine definitely does not.

Will see if I can take a pic and add it to this thread just in case anyone has one tucked away on a shelf somewhere ? Pretty please beg beg beg.

PS. Not all take take take, I have a random box of relays purchased off fleabay because I needed the right hand door window one which was included in the mixed lot of half a dozen S13 breakers' left overs. If any member is in need of a relay drop me a pm and I'll dig the box out for a shufti.

Rides
    I have very few car parts left now I'm afraid, Evan. I will check through my box of random electrical parts next time I'm in the same location as the car parts but don't hold your breath

Rides
    Nissan FAST "ER" (Euro RHD) disc says 28511-89960 fits RHD Euro RS13 200SX models from 0988 (Sept '88) onwards. (the p/code IS 28510 but part number is 28511-89960)

It also fits all Euro spec LHD RS13 200SX.

and
    JDM
    RS13 8903 to 9101 HB.TYPE2 "180SX zenki"
    RS13 9101 to 9401 HB.TYPE2 "180SX chuki"
    RS13 9401 to 9608 HB "180SX kouki"
    S13 9101 onwards K.(QS+KS) "Silvia"
    That would be all the ones fitted with variable intermittent wipers.

I've just found that the new (to me) all regions and "complete data" version of Nissan FAST I got off GT-R register shows dates for Euro data as MMYY and JDM as YYMM.

Rides
    Thanks for the definitive answer as ever SkyS, and my apologies for doubting you Agamemnon.

Will have to wait til Monday when the parts department at the local Nissan gouger re-opens to see how much it is to get one on a slow boat from Japan.

That is unless anyone turns one up in the meantime ?

Cheers all.

Rides
    Bin out for a root around in the shed and hit GOLD. Took it off my 1st one 10 years ago in May, a '91 Exec only done 180K miles. PM me your addr and I'll post it.
    200SX_S13_wiper_amp_480 by Peter Hill, on Flickr

Rides
    PM sent