Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Things To Do Whilst You're Stuck Indoors On Lockdown' thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Now is a good time to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You knows it!

Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    This means you need to buy more models, to justify the expense of the stuff required to make the first
    Funny enough thats how i put it to the other half lol. Also use the same argument for my continual spending on the money pit ovlov. That doesnt go down to well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    You knows it!

Funny enough thats how i put it to the other half lol. Also use the same argument for my continual spending on the money pit ovlov. That doesnt go down to well
    I think mine will slowly turn into a "dream garage lineup" in 1/24 scale, so ive got a few other kits to keep an eye out for in future

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Well. 3 weeks in now and I was furloughed back in March.

So far we have:
    Tiled the kitchen
    Levelled the floor in the dining room
    Removed manky carpet floor tiles from upstairs
    Fitted new skirting board up the stairs, landing and all 3 bedrooms
    Fitted skirting board to the lounge
    Weeded, mown and planted stuff in the garden,
    deep cleaned the whole house,
    Changed the coolant in the Evo including cleaning and flushing the whole system repeatedly
    Disassembled the screen wash system for the same treatment
    Cleaned and polished 5 cars
    Binged on NBC's "Chuck" (so far up to season 3)
    Played Azur Lane a lot
    Wondered why teachers aren't all alcoholics as home schooling a 5yo and 10yo with learning difficulties is not easy
    Group vid chats with family and friends
    Fitted additional security lighting
    Fitted a cctv system covering all round the outside of the house (pikeys decided it would be fun to smash my 1 series's windows and slash the tyres one night )
    Painted the kids rooms as they were starting to look a bit scruffy
    Played outside with them a lot as the weather has been nice
    Ordered parts for the Evo online
    Ordered more stuff to do bits I've been intending to do for a while
    Looked online for houses we like back in Devon as we wanted to move this year and would prefer to be back in the SW.

Still to do
    Floor paint the levelled floor in the dining room then insulate and lay the wood flooring
    Fit skirting board to dining room once the flooring is done
    Box in the pipes along one wall in the dining room
    Polish up my Work wheels
    Paint the new skirting boards

I'm sure I'll find more to do!

Trying to keep busy and productive...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Well. 3 weeks in now and I was furloughed back in March.

So far we have:
    Tiled the kitchen
    Levelled the floor in the dining room
    Removed manky carpet floor tiles from upstairs
    Fitted new skirting board up the stairs, landing and all 3 bedrooms
    Fitted skirting board to the lounge
    Weeded, mown and planted stuff in the garden,
    deep cleaned the whole house,
    Changed the coolant in the Evo including cleaning and flushing the whole system repeatedly
    Disassembled the screen wash system for the same treatment
    Cleaned and polished 5 cars
    Binged on NBC's "Chuck" (so far up to season 3)
    Played Azur Lane a lot
    Wondered why teachers aren't all alcoholics as home schooling a 5yo and 10yo with learning difficulties is not easy
    Group vid chats with family and friends
    Fitted additional security lighting
    Fitted a cctv system covering all round the outside of the house (pikeys decided it would be fun to smash my 1 series's windows and slash the tyres one night )
    Painted the kids rooms as they were starting to look a bit scruffy
    Played outside with them a lot as the weather has been nice
    Ordered parts for the Evo online
    Ordered more stuff to do bits I've been intending to do for a while
    Looked online for houses we like back in Devon as we wanted to move this year and would prefer to be back in the SW.

Still to do
    Floor paint the levelled floor in the dining room then insulate and lay the wood flooring
    Fit skirting board to dining room once the flooring is done
    Box in the pipes along one wall in the dining room
    Polish up my Work wheels
    Paint the new skirting boards

I'm sure I'll find more to do!

Trying to keep busy and productive...

But what did you do on Tuesday?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That list puts me to shame. All I've done is some online training for work which I finished the other day. Should have dragged it out longer. Our shower decided to break this morning so my boyfriend has bodged it so now I have to put the shower hose on the taps like ppl used to do before I was born lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    I think mine will slowly turn into a "dream garage lineup" in 1/24 scale, so ive got a few other kits to keep an eye out for in future
    Id like to do that too but having kids means no shelf space is safe. Going to have to rethink the shed.

Rides
    Planned to do:
    Clear out and re-arrange shed
    Tidy garden and put stuff to keep in storage
    Make and finish at least 1 model

Completed:
    .................................................. .................................................. ............................
    and
    Work

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Thanks mate. Yeah, it was only built ~8 years ago - used to have a horrible old pre-fab thing which the roof would bow on as soon as it snowed. Had to go. I'd love it if it was just slightly wider but it's the width of my plot so that's a no go.

Whatcha building? Pics when you get somewhere

Oh and of the Blade when it's clean Over here:https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....license/page97
    Sorry for slow reply! Stuck a picture in the bike thread of my blade and here's the concrete base ready for the shed, might be a while til the shed gets delivered so using it as a space to get my old weights out (haven't really used them yet) and started sorting the garage, fitting and plumbing a sink in the garage so I can clean my dirty mits before I go back in the house

Shed base by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

Working on the car in-between other jobs but done most of the bits I can do, updates in here:

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....86#post6828886

Rides
    Getting there mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Gave the kitchen a good clean this morning including the induction hob with a special hob cleaning product. Had always cleaned it with soap / water but this stuff is on another level

The flecks on the right hand side of the pic are from the glass reflecting back the marbling in the splash-back. Bloody impressive shine.

You know you're bored when you're chuffed with a kitchen cleaning product
    What’s the product?

Rides
    It’s not looking too bad for 27

Rides
    That looks really good but it looks like you jabbed the seat a bit lol

Rides
    Been keeping myself a bit busy. Found a cool website of photos from the air over the country and found this:

Didn't even realise it had ever existed and yet I don't live more than 10 miles from its former site, I guess.

Other than that, been off riding MTB quite a bit:

That's the old Bata shoe factory in East Tilbury there. Found a route with a few tracks as well as quiet ish village roads so it worked quite well.

About 10 miles round trip down to Coalhouse Fort which was absolutely heaving in the car park despite a couple of Bacon being present.

Around the house I got the Autosol out and cleaned the chandelier - wish the pics did it justice, but it's proper shiny now. Only thing is I can see Mrs Arry wanting it cleaned more often than the once every 13 years or so now

Then bought a new pump to fix the old water feature we had in the garden which hasn't worked for at least a year as the motor failed (as they seem to). Didn't take any pics before I pulled it all apart but safe to say I've jetwashed the hell out of the trough to bring it all up sparkly.

Then installed the new pump and a new tail hose as the old one had practically disintegrated and was a black ribbed plastic thing anyway which looked massively untidy.

Then all back together with the 'bee walk' plank in it - temporary solution

But it doesn't leak and the pump works, so yay.

Also bought this which I'm intending to use to fire up the old Golf which will then hopefully mean I can get into it again.

And then sell it because it's crap and annoying the shit out of me sitting out on the road doing nothing.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Those jump packs are good I’ve got something similar and used it many many times.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Those jump packs are good I’ve got something similar and used it many many times.
    Yeah this one got good reviews. I have no idea why it has a compass but what I do know is it's got an awesome fast charger that can take my phone from 10% battery to 90% battery in less than half hour. Phone doesn't even get that hot; stuck it on my lap and it's only branded my testicles with half the HTC logo

Once I get the Golf moving again I'll just have to run it about for a week or so and then stick it up for sale. Seems daft having it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    That looks really good but it looks like you jabbed the seat a bit lol
    Just a little bit. But got some moisturiser on them

Rides
    Went for a bit of a monster ride today; might have gone a little over my alotted time but it was worth it

Headed down onto the Mardyke Valley floor today on the MTB. Stunning place TBH. Oddly, I'd cycled the Canal Du Midi last year and it reminded me a lot of it in places. Albeit the noise from industry and cars up on the A13 can't be ignored of course, but it was quieter today what with less cars being out.

It was at this point that my shit started to go a little bit sideways I had downloaded a footpath / bridleway map and decided to 'cut off' the last 2 miles of the bridleway route following the Mardyke, going across a footpath to the east to pick up the village of Orsett - saving myself ~7 miles in the process. Well, that turned out to be a bad idea

Started getting more than a bit stuck, and then, err, the wheels stopped turning

State of it and my shoes

Claggiest mud ever. I'm sure 2 days ago it would have been fine but yesterday's rain just turned it into a claypit.

Had to spend ~30 mins going at it with sticks and stuff I could find to dig it out again, and then turned back to the main path to finish the bridleway, depositing me several miles further up.

Still, was a good laugh and I'd definitely do that again.

9 miles on roads from there - mud flinging off all the way home

Rides
    Started making a bbq after smelling everyone else in the street getting a grill on last week

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks smart that, are the bars as far apart as they look? Might be an issue for smaller things.