Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The 'Things To Do Whilst You're Stuck Indoors On Lockdown' thread

Rides
    You forgot a machete for you kit

Rides
    So we're back to Square One and the weather being unseasonably nice so it's time to get the bike out again

~20 miles today round the Thames to Rainham to see the Concrete Barges and The Diver. Tide was lower today than it was the time I visited last year. Made for more interesting views. I disturbed the birds by taking a pic

And managed to get a fair bit closer to the sculpture

Took the Thames Path on the way back despite it not being particularly bike friendly - there's a number of get off and carry over metal staircase type affairs. Did see some brand new cars being unloaded from ships and driven across onto dry land, but that isn't a very interesting photo.

Under the QE2 Bridge, over the Dartford Tunnel, however, was interesting. Having traffic above and below you at the same time is a weird sensation and one you're aware of as you can feel it, plus hear it out of the ventilation shafts.

Dystopian future pic ahoy

Rides
    Looks like you're making the most of lockdown.

Rides
    Certainly trying to.

WFH has been crap on the whole - missing London.

If Boris allows for outdoor recreation any time soon I'll be back out on motorcycles and then things will feel a bit better.

Rides
    Gimme a shout next time you go out for a ride, i would be up for riding somewhere different for a change. Reckon Daz and Pabs might also be up for it.

We could coincidentally decide to go for a ride in the same area at the same time!

Rides
    with the 'working from home' meaning late nights are plentiful, i came good with my promise to my kids with a new scope... they'll love it when they can reach it!

Orion XT12i reflector telescope

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Jesus man, are you looking for Endor or something with that badboy?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    THAT...

...looks expensive

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    with the 'working from home' meaning late nights are plentiful, i came good with my promise to my kids with a new scope... they'll love it when they can reach it!

Holy fcuk, I'd actually find my cock with that!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Holy fcuk, I'd actually find my cock with that!
    Can it see round corners then ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post

Pyrex mirror. You could cook in it!

Rides
    OK thats a boss and make my wee magnifying glass look like a .... er magnifying glass.

I presume your using a digital camera/optic thingy on that, i cant help but laugh at the thought of using an eyepiece - then again, i would love to......

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    THAT...

...looks expensive
    Being a Reflector scope, you get a lot of tube for your money, However, the sky's the limit when you start adding some quality eyepieces (pardon the pun) ....

sideways14a
    OK thats a boss and make my wee magnifying glass look like a .... er magnifying glass.

I presume your using a digital camera/optic thingy on that, i cant help but laugh at the thought of using an eyepiece - then again, i would love to......
    TBH i do have a camera attachment for DSO astrophotography, but ive never used it! i just love the 'Spacewalk' feeling of using it for traditional astronomy, the 'real time' views of seeing other planets and Deep space objects blows me away every time i use it, and is almost 'life affirming'

Rides
    I have watched the Marvell Infinity Saga in chronological order. Even got my girlfriend to budge on her insistence that comic book films were crap. She loved Avengers End Game. She actually cried when Iron Man died bless her - me I’m thinking doesn’t it sound great in Dolby Atmos

I have rewired my garage twice . It does need a new floor because I want to install quick jacks

Run electrics throughout the garden ( ground being wet, makes it easier to dig duct trenches) I still have to run fibre to the garage and the cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I've been building more bikes... did my 93 Kona Explosif last year. So far this year I've done a 98 Kona Hahanna for my lad, a 08 Specialized Rockhopper for her ladyship and now finishing off an 05 Santa Cruz Blur LT for me. Tbh, the Santa Cruz is the only one I've bought as a frame and built up fully. The Haha and Rockhopper were complete bikes that needed light resto and new brakes and cables. The Blur is a kinda dream build. Lots of Hope kit, full XT drivetrain and Rockshox bouncy bits.

Still homeschooling the kids for another week. Hoping to be back at work in April sometime.

Not a lot else going on. The occasional house viewing. We had an offer but it fell through :'( Once its sold, we'll be back in Devon/Cornwall asap!

Rides
    Out and about again - bit more scenic this time:

About ~20 miles I think.

It's 2 years tomorrow since I underwent spinal surgery. Whilst it hasn't been a total success if you'd have asked me in November 2018 whether I'd be happy cycling 20 miles mostly off road I'd have snapped your hand off. This year I want to do 60 miles in one sitting. That's the goal. Now, to find a route and get planning.

Rides
    Do you polish the bike frame so mud doesn't stick to it so much?

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Maybe its teflon coated?! Went put on my Felt yesterday and came back splattered. Both myself and bike needed a shower. Mine was warm though but I only used one cleaning product. The bikes was cold and 4 cleaning products were used

Good job Arry getting over the spinal surgery. I feel your pain - doctors have suggested it to me but I'm not having surgery until the pain is unmanageable. Cycling helps a lot as it's low impact and works the right lower back muscles enough but not too much to hurt more. Unlike the tree felling I did the day before. Ouch.
    Last edited by Teggers; 03-03-2021 at 10:22.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    I've been building more bikes... did my 93 Kona Explosif last year. So far this year I've done a 98 Kona Hahanna for my lad, a 08 Specialized Rockhopper for her ladyship and now finishing off an 05 Santa Cruz Blur LT for me. Tbh, the Santa Cruz is the only one I've bought as a frame and built up fully. The Haha and Rockhopper were complete bikes that needed light resto and new brakes and cables. The Blur is a kinda dream build. Lots of Hope kit, full XT drivetrain and Rockshox bouncy bits.

Still homeschooling the kids for another week. Hoping to be back at work in April sometime.

Not a lot else going on. The occasional house viewing. We had an offer but it fell through :'( Once its sold, we'll be back in Devon/Cornwall asap!
    Chuck some pics up mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Out and about again - bit more scenic this time:

About ~20 miles I think.

It's 2 years tomorrow since I underwent spinal surgery. Whilst it hasn't been a total success if you'd have asked me in November 2018 whether I'd be happy cycling 20 miles mostly off road I'd have snapped your hand off. This year I want to do 60 miles in one sitting. That's the goal. Now, to find a route and get planning.
    20 miles but you stopped at least three times