Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The 'Things To Do Whilst You're Stuck Indoors On Lockdown' thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Awwww baby swans
    Aye. 9 of them Mrs Arry counted. A bit further up the river:

Maybe 16 was a bit much so they split them up a bit?

Was a truly wonderful place. I'd hard that parking was limited and I suspected with it being a nice day we might struggle so I even enlisted the 'help' of an old SXOC Member Crazy Eddie to park my car up on his drive.

Quite nice having the FK8 Civic Type R meet its Granddaddy FN2.

Rides
    I love it when a parking plan comes together. We used to have a local rally stage on our prom every year (it's moved now) and ppl used to park all down the streets. We used to know this one close ally way though where nobody parked because they didn't know about it. It was gr8.

Rides
    More walking yesterday. Nice little drive out to the Dengie Peninsula and back to Mundon church as a start point, and then a walk around the headland up to Maylandsea via the sea wall. It's so pretty around there.

I really wanted to keep going and see what the view was like this side of the Blackwater onto Osea Island, but it was another ~8km over what we'd already done and wifey was starting to get a bit tired. I think I'll pack the MTB into the Civic and disappear off down there for a ride along the wall at some point.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    More walking yesterday. Nice little drive out to the Dengie Peninsula and back to Mundon church as a start point, and then a walk around the headland up to Maylandsea via the sea wall. It's so pretty around there.

I really wanted to keep going and see what the view was like this side of the Blackwater onto Osea Island, but it was another ~8km over what we'd already done and wifey was starting to get a bit tired. I think I'll pack the MTB into the Civic and disappear off down there for a ride along the wall at some point.

Next time you are about here, pick me up and we’ll go to Heybridge Basin. The views if you know are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Going revive this...

Finally got round to smoking some chicken

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Oooh, does it taste as good as it looks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    Finished product was pretty sticky, the lemon was too juicy and burst all over the top...

But taste! It was awesome sweet coating of brown sugar and peri rub, with the zesty lemon running through the meat solid 9/10 Will try again

Rides
    I have a rotisserie attachment for my charcoal weber. Oh my god the chicken is sooo good on it. Cook Xmas turkey on it every year. Frees up the oven....no dry turkey!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Going revive this...

Finally got round to smoking some chicken

How? I smoked some sea bream the other night on my Weber

Rides
    I Sous Vide Steak, Tuna...

Tuna is great on Sautéed Rhubarb

Swordfish, even Chicken breast with a slice of lemon.

But I have been #Outside experimenting with the charcoal barbecue. Black and Blue burgers. Burgers done Medium well with Blue cheese melted. And you have to season the burgers with Cajun rub

Barbecue Sea Bream, I’ve even cooked Toad in the hole on a barbecue.

I still reckon I can outcook any tele chef mash potato and mushy peas.

Mushy peas should contain mash potato and should have fresh mint......

But the mash? Oil with Olive oil the skins of Maris Piper and run Maldon Sea Salt into the Skins then bake (I have a Neff Fam oven) so do it for 180c 190 if yours isn’t fan, for 60 minutes.

Take them out, split the potatoes in 2, scoop the innards out, knob of butter then put aside.

Roughly chop the skins and then let infused into double cream for about 2 hours (it’s the skins that give potato a flavour)

Then refry the mash in butter, strain the infused cream in and you have the perfect mashed potato.

What to do in a lockdown? Experiment with cooking. We are all as good as each other, we just need that self confidence.

Rides
    Beer can chicken is the way to cook chicken on a BBQ

Rides
    I have damaged my left arm, the elbow bulged out in a huge er.. .bulge - popeye syndrome - the sake of fluid keeping your elbow bones safe ruptured.
    Its went down now but all that ****ing over the past 6 months must have caused it.

Rides
    Smoked with some nuggets of oak cut last year while tree cutting round the oh lines at work, a small bed of charcoal.

Salt and pepper rub for first hour, then dusted with peri peri rub. Whole lemon up it's arse perforated and 2 big chunks under the skin of its tits...

4hrs total smoke time, tasted very good....

Beer can chicken next, especially as today I had my brewdog delivery

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I have damaged my left arm, the elbow bulged out in a huge er.. .bulge - popeye syndrome - the sake of fluid keeping your elbow bones safe ruptured.
    Its went down now but all that ****ing over the past 6 months must have caused it.
    I've had this with both elbows, didn't rupture just bulged out like a big gob-stopper. Swimmers elbow. The Doctor was a huge help (not), he observed "well you have got rather pointed elbows".

Also called tennis elbow.

Rides
    Yeah thats it, mine has gone down now. Not all the way but its gone down.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Beer can chicken is the way to cook chicken on a BBQ
    Is that where you shove the beer can up its arse?

I’m doing Black Talapia stuffed with lime and chillies

Rides
    Well i have been making a bug out bag... actually more of a bug out case.
    Nope i aint a prepper, not going down that nonsense road hording stuff.
    This is something i can keep handy and grab if i need to go somewhere in a hurry and to contain lots of medical bits and bobs like plasters and wipes ect that you can never find when you need them.
    In addition to a medic bag i have various wee bottles of cleaning kits, painkillers and all sorts of other pills n medicine as well as a section containing knives, wee tools, lighters and a crap ton of other stuff. Basically everything i would need in an emergency or even just an outing.
    My neighbour just had a car nearly go through there front window in an accident the other day and might have to be away from there house for a few days while stuff is dealt with, a bag or case like this would be handy in that situation.

Rides
    Well i have been making a bug out bag... actually more of a bug out case.
    Nope i aint a prepper, not going down that nonsense road hording stuff.
    This is something i can keep handy and grab if i need to go somewhere in a hurry and to contain lots of medical bits and bobs like plasters and wipes ect that you can never find when you need them.
    In addition to a medic bag i have various wee bottles of cleaning kits, painkillers and all sorts of other pills n medicine as well as a section containing knives, wee tools, lighters and a crap ton of other stuff. Basically everything i would need in an emergency or even just an outing.
    My neighbour just had a car nearly go through there front window in an accident the other day and might have to be away from there house for a few days while stuff is dealt with, a bag or case like this would be handy in that situation.
    Pics?

Rides
    20200806-143518

So i have "so far"
    First aid kit with 2 million plasters, bandages and various pills and stuff.
    10 light sticks
    A lantern (usb rechargable)
    A pouch containing a small ratchet and bits plus some tiny spanners, minus the 10mm socket of course.
    Ducktape
    An orange thing which contains a fold out knife, wire, a small led torch with spare batteries and precision screwdrivers.
    One of those attack spray things, your not allowed pepper spray in this country so you can get these other things that are a mild irritant to folk and make them a funny colour - of course the old granny down the post office doesnt know its not a pepper spray so you can still use it on pension day.
    A fan
    Various we boxes containing other pills (skitter ones, hay-fever ect)
    Metal box with contact lenses (3sets) and a mini shave set
    A usb micro led light
    Several bottles of cleaning agents, disinfectant ect...
    Some stuff tabled jungle formula to attract a shag in the forest... or something like that.
    About a dozen or so foil blanket / emergency blanket film stuff you know the crap you get wrapped in to keep heat in.
    Lots of wipes, gloves, pair of thick socks for the cold.
    Drinking bottle
    Food cubes, those thick emergency rations - enough for one dinner snack.

And lots more.
    There is still stuff waiting to come, water purification tabs, a small burner, bla bla bla

I also want to fit a raspberry pi to it, put in say a dozen 18650s and a charging module and a gsm module for internet access right in the case - i have a wee screen for the pi.

I have to put a pi in everything...

Rides
    20200806-143518

So i have "so far"
    First aid kit with 2 million plasters, bandages and various pills and stuff.
    10 light sticks
    A lantern (usb rechargable)
    A pouch containing a small ratchet and bits plus some tiny spanners, minus the 10mm socket of course.
    Ducktape
    An orange thing which contains a fold out knife, wire, a small led torch with spare batteries and precision screwdrivers.
    One of those attack spray things, your not allowed pepper spray in this country so you can get these other things that are a mild irritant to folk and make them a funny colour - of course the old granny down the post office doesnt know its not a pepper spray so you can still use it on pension day.
    A fan
    Various we boxes containing other pills (skitter ones, hay-fever ect)
    Metal box with contact lenses (3sets) and a mini shave set
    A usb micro led light
    Several bottles of cleaning agents, disinfectant ect...
    Some stuff tabled jungle formula to attract a shag in the forest... or something like that.
    About a dozen or so foil blanket / emergency blanket film stuff you know the crap you get wrapped in to keep heat in.
    Lots of wipes, gloves, pair of thick socks for the cold.
    Drinking bottle
    Food cubes, those thick emergency rations - enough for one dinner snack.

And lots more.
    There is still stuff waiting to come, water purification tabs, a small burner, bla bla bla

I also want to fit a raspberry pi to it, put in say a dozen 18650s and a charging module and a gsm module for internet access right in the case - i have a wee screen for the pi.

I have to put a pi in everything...
    And we're practically back to lockdown so you might well need that