Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    All of this Corona hype is the fault of the media, if the media had not responded to the news of the virus with such ridiculous hysteria we would not have idiots stock piling and elderly people going hungry.
    The only logical conclusion is that this Virus is being used to cause mass hysteria and chaos, if the media had not reported it nobody would even know about it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    All of this Corona hype is the fault of the media, if the media had not responded to the news of the virus with such ridiculous hysteria we would not have idiots stock piling and elderly people going hungry.
    The only logical conclusion is that this Virus is being used to cause mass hysteria and chaos, if the media had not reported it nobody would even know about it.
    A few weeks ago we would have been arguing. But I agree totally with what you have said

Docwra says he has opinions / facts, I have a CL 4 clearance in microbiology labs. Corona is rated less than influenza. No one has died from corona, they die from 2nd infections

Sorry Alex, but you are wrong and stop feeding the media frenzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    A few weeks ago we would have been arguing. But I agree totally with what you have said

Docwra says he has opinions / facts, I have a CL 4 clearance in microbiology labs. Corona is rated less than influenza. No one has died from corona, they die from 2nd infections

Sorry Alex, but you are wrong and stop feeding the media frenzy

Corona was created in a laboratory by remainers as a form of biological warfare to stop Brexit.

Can we have an argument now please

Rides
    Doc never said people die from Corona virus, not the COVID-19 strain he keeps differentiating to you with.

It’s not a media frenzy either. It’s new. New is news worthy. And that’s why it got reported. It’s also not to be scoffed at that it’s gone right around the world in 2 weeks, so naturally it’ll be reported on.

Rides
    So now i am getting inundated with academics who need to do there lectures remotely and have no idea what to do because they didn't bother to go to the bloody training we had setup for it yonks back.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Doc never said people die from Corona virus, not the COVID-19 strain he keeps differentiating to you with.

It’s not a media frenzy either. It’s new. New is news worthy. And that’s why it got reported. It’s also not to be scoffed at that it’s gone right around the world in 2 weeks, so naturally it’ll be reported on.

No, something isn't right, I would expect it to be reported, they have been counting how many people have the virus in my local media even though they haven't tested everyone so it is nonsense and is just making all the snowflakes panic. They have been reporting it like it's the virus from the walking dead.

Rides
    It’s a new strain of a virus that is new to a lot of people.

New stuff makes the news. And there’s lots of activity around it which is being documented. It’s not rocket science tbh.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Even the 6000 people that have died from it?

Im struggling with the level of delusion from you and Ash (who does have clearance to enter a lab so must know what hes on about), Im going to leave this for two weeks and then come back in.

If youre both right and its all been a flash in the pan Ill be the first to apologise but when F1, 6 Nations, Premier League and EFL, all major European Football, the NBA, The Masters, The London Marathon and the Giro d'Italia have all been called off theres probably a bit of substance here.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Even the 6000 people that have died from it?

Im struggling with the level of delusion from you and Ash (who does have clearance to enter a lab so must know what hes on about), Im going to leave this for two weeks and then come back in.

If youre both right and its all been a flash in the pan Ill be the first to apologise but when F1, 6 Nations, Premier League and EFL, all major European Football, the NBA, The Masters, The London Marathon and the Giro d'Italia have all been called off theres probably a bit of substance here.
    I have always been a sceptic, my statement is still correct that if the media hadn't reported on it nobody would even know about it, just like swine flu, avian flu, Ebola, Mers, Zika, SARS blah blah blah,....yawn

Rides
    That statement is so obvious but so stupid at the same time.

People consume news through the media. If the media didn’t report it, you’re right, no one would know. In the same way that no one would know.

But what then would be the point of media? To be a blank screen?

You confuse me. Constantly.

Rides

The common cold goes around the world that quickly but no one reports that as a pandemic. And that is a Corona Virus strain

Rides
    There will be a new strain next year

The best thing people can do is be more hygienic. You can make your own hand sanitizer if the shops have run out.

The government have said old people should self isolate. How are they going to get food if younger people don’t deliver and this younger people will probably be the carriers.

I’m sorry Doc, but your posts are just feeding the hype and fear. Cancer and heart disease kill more people as does influenza

Rides
    I am really getting very annoyed with the general population and the panic in folk.
    Man the **** up everyone, be sensible and help each other and we will mostly get through this.

Jesus some folk are pure wet blankets.

Rides
    But the common cold doesn’t kill 6000 people does it?

The common cold is neither new nor harmful. COVID-19 is new and harmful.

Wow, I am at a loss for words.

Rides
    But the common cold doesn’t kill 6000 people does it?

The common cold is neither new nor harmful. COVID-19 is new and harmful.

Wow, I am at a loss for words.
    Covid 19 doesn’t kill. Bacteria does

Rides
    Oh Ash, stop being so petty over semantics.

6,000 people who otherwise likely wouldn't have died at the time they contracted COVID-19 then.

Honestly, if that's where you have to go to make your point, consider if your point is even worth making in the first place.

Rides
    Also if you're going to be petty then you really should state that Human Coronovirus only makes up a small percentage of common cold cases, by far the largest is from rhinovirus.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Also if you're going to be petty then you really should state that Human Coronovirus only makes up a small percentage of common cold cases, by far the largest is from rhinovirus.
    It’s not that small. But I know rhinovirus makes up the majority

Rides
    But I’m going to be big enough to say I have been wrong.

It’s not just the health impact, it has been catastrophic on the global economy and we haven’t seen the worst of it yet.

As Doc mentioned, I do have access to people and the top epidemiologists reckon it will get a lot worse

So sorry for dissing anyone who disagreed with me

I’m also going to ask a biggie from the Brexit bunch, we are going to see a massage dent in our economy this year, as is Europe and the rest of the world. Is it the right time to continue as planned?

Rides
    I was talking about that with colleagues today. We are already tanking towards a no-deal exit. Couple this with the economic harm COVID-19 has done and will continue to do, and I have gone from worried to mortified about January 1st 2021.