Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    I’m stocked up in the house.

The last time I was this violently sick was over my sister in law.

Thank you guys. Once we are over this I’m going to make amends with everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I hope you get better soon and you have a light encounter with it. Let us all know how you get on.

Rides
    Hope you get well soon and no lasting effects.

If you have it then you probably don't need food. Fever makes you lose your appetite and you are too ill to get out bed to make anything anyway. I remember when my bro and I were about 4, mum and dad had flu real bad. We were free range feral kids in the house for 4 days.

Maybe chicken soup.

Did you get enough hot lemon paracetamol drinks for 4 a day for 5 days?

They say cough mixture does nothing so if I get it I'm going to be trying Olbas oil steaming.

Rides
    Good luck with it Ash, hope it passes quickly and doesn't hit you too hard.

Rides
    I think i have it/had it too - felt pony for a few days, not ate much since thursday until yesterday - feels like a modest hangover. Then again it may actually just be a hangover but normally those dont last for 3 days.
    Still i feel fine now.

Rides
    I hope Boris doesn't make us go into full lock down. I'm still currently working, I can't stay at home that would be depressing. Im not actually sure anybody in my neck of the woods has tested positive for covid-19 yet.

Rides
    I have been WFH since last Wednesday.

It has been OK. Saving lots on fuel and a good 1 hr 40 mins a day travel.

But on Monday my Mrs. also starts WFH.

Well shucks...

Rides
    I can't work from home, I'm a mechanic. I also can't live on sick pay and I've worked up some bonus this month which I'd quite like to keep.

Rides
    Your not going to have a choice, if folk continue to flout the recommendations from the government then the army will be out on the streets.
    Motor trade is bad though, lots of very backward 1970s employers around taking the piss out of there employees, i do hope this puts a lot of them out of business.

Rides
    I'm not sure if we'll be open tomorrow after pms speech. How essential is it to go to work in a garage? Since people are still allowed to drive I still currently need to mot their cars. No announcement from the government yet about letting people drive with no mot.

Rides
    Nope your not an essential worker.

Its pretty straightforward, your now not meant to leave the house unless it for food/medicine or a quick bit of exercise. If your boss want to open then he will likely get a visit from the plod in a few days as a full (army on the streets lockdown arrives because places have been open)

Also 80% of your wages should be covered (basic) from the other days speech.
    Last edited by sideways14a; 23-03-2020 at 21:41.

Rides
    This has been causing some upset at my work...

As the biggest electricity network operator in the country... a lot like myself are key workers, as we will have to go get the lights on if there's a fault...

But they are still operating call centres full of people to "pick up the phone in 3 rings" and all the planning department are still huddled under the piss poor air con, recercing all our damp breath...

Internet not allowed on computers so can't work from home, and won't "pay you sit and wait".... very 70s

But as I have been reminding them, if we are all in here together, we will all be sick together and then there will be no one available to do the essentials..

I despair at times that these people are in positions of power in major companies

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I've just been informed not to work tomorrow. Don't think the pm has thought about all the essential workers that will still need their cars MOTing and repairing. Will see what happens.

Rides
    There will be no cops about to give a shit about MOT's, they will be too busy splitting up the spacktards breathing down each other's necks at asda opening time

Rides
    Besides that if you are on the street you should only be there if your job is important enough to warrant a blind eye to the MOT test, and I like to think as police are people too they will turn a blind eye to unimportant issues such as that...

And if your on the street without a MOT and are not providing a essential service.... then fine them triple for being a dick

Normal, healthy people can use their exercise time for a walk to the shop

Rides
    They wont give a toss about MOTS, as far down the "Give-a-****-ometer" scale as Manga comics i would think.

As for repairing the garage/mechanics trade is no different from many others. People with broken cars will just have to get by, tough luck - worlds a bummer shouldnt have bought French :-)

Rides
    So it looks like the advice was cleared up at about 22:40 last night, now saying that you can go to work only if your work cannot be done from home.

So garage staff will be, in my opinion, OK to go to work. I hope this is the case, I have just lost part of my handbrake on the Golf and the MoT is next month so it needs rectifying.

Rides
    Gov uk banner states "essential work"

I wouldn't put garages in the category of essential unless they are working on ambulances or delivery wagons.

The more people ignore it, the longer or worse the restrictions will get.

Rides
    See, that's still in conflict with their social media message that says:

"The only reason you may leave home: to go to work (but work from home if possible)"

I think it's deliberately woolly now to make people doubt, and so not take a risk, without having to tell them a definite no.

Not the leadership we need right now, and in fairness to Johnson, I've been onboard with them so far.

Rides
    Well the good news is I’m starting to feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk