Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    And Leon, you mentioned catching measles after being vaccinated.

FACT over 90% of people who have been vaccinated are immune to the measles virus. Unless you understand viruses, don’t just simplify and say all viruses mutate so you can’t vaccinate. Some viruses mutate into other strains far more than others.

FACT the current Coronavirus is a strain of the SARS Coronavirus and not Coronavirus that may cause common cold. More virulent and far more deadly

FACT Vaccination does work - we would not have all but eradicated Smallpox unless we had done mass vaccinations

FACT the earth is not flat. Want proof, watch the ISS and now the satellites launched by Space X. The latter go west to east at 9pm tonight and you can see them with the naked eye

I would not wish this virus on anyone, but perhaps it would take Leon to catch it to understand the ramifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    We need to all get infected or at least eighty percent of us, it's more about keeping the number of people that need hospital treatment down so the NHS isn't overwhelmed, rather than stopping people getting infected.

If we didn't want people infected we would of shut the borders in January, we are still letting in over one hundred thousand people a week to the UK from all over the world without any tests or quarantine.

I still find it amazing that the NHS has not advised people to take vitamin D especially people of colour, as vitamin D has been proven to strengthen the immune system especially against respiratory disease.

In winter and at this time of year even fair skinned people could do with the extra vitamin D especially if they work indoors.

As I have said many times a prolonged lockdown means that there will not be many businesses left and it will turn the UK into North Korea, there will be people starving, astronomical violent crime rates, record breaking unemployment, no NHS ect.

I hope you lefties will be happy with the end result.
    I still find it hard to believe that some of the people clap like seals and give their approval for the destruction of our nation.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 21-04-2020 at 18:53.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    We need to all get infected or at least eighty percent of us, it's more about keeping the number of people that need hospital treatment down so the NHS isn't overwhelmed, rather than stopping people getting infected.

If we didn't want people infected we would of shut the borders in January, we are still letting in over one hundred thousand people a week to the UK from all over the world.

I still find it amazing that the NHS has not advised people to take vitamin D especially people of colour, as vitamin D has been proven to strengthen the immune system especially against respiratory disease.

In winter and at this time of year even fair skinned people could do with the extra vitamin D especially if they work indoors.

As I have said many times a prolonged lockdown means that there will not be many businesses left and it will turn the UK into North Korea, there will be people starving, astronomical violent crime rates, record breaking unemployment, no NHS ect.

I hope you lefties will be happy with the end result.
    I still find it hard to believe that the people clap like seals and give their approval for the destruction of our nation.
    You know where you get Vitamin D from? The Sunlight - people in Sunny hot countries are getting it and dying from it. Sweden is barely getting Sun at the moment and as you keep harping on about they aren’t getting it, so that disproves your alternative medicine theory

Stop banging on about your herd immunity. It didn’t work for the Spanish flu pandemic, so why do you think it would work here? There wasn’t a vaccine back then... but then I guess you are quite happy to condemn some people to a horrible death, just so you can go to the gym and pub. You selfish, ignorant ..

Rides
    Leon?

What do you do for a living?

Rides
    The R value is not something pulled out of a scientists backside.

Probably the third, (maybe fourth?) example of you not understanding the practice of statistics.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    You know where you get Vitamin D from? The Sunlight - people in Sunny hot countries are getting it and dying from it. Sweden is barely getting Sun at the moment and as you keep harping on about they aren’t getting it, so that disproves your alternative medicine theory

Stop banging on about your herd immunity. It didn’t work for the Spanish flu pandemic, so why do you think it would work here? There wasn’t a vaccine back then... but then I guess you are quite happy to condemn some people to a horrible death, just so you can go to the gym and pub. You selfish, ignorant ..

Vitamin D strengthening the immune system is not alternative medicine it is a verified scientific fact, look it up if you dont want to take my word for it.

Old people who have been told to stay indoors have been dying from the disease in sunny hot countries.

Swedes eat plenty of fish which is rich in vitamin D as do the Japenese, herd immunity has worked for them regarding Covid 19.

The Spanish Flu killed hundreds of millions of people, Covid 19 can not be compared to the Spanish flu.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/v...and-flu-season

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The R value is not something pulled out of a scientists backside.

Probably the third, (maybe fourth?) example of you not understanding the practice of statistics.
    It has to be, as the R value can't be calculated accurately, so it is just an estimate this is why we hear words like " highly likely " associated with the R value which I find ridiculous considering this is a life and death matter.

If I where to design an electrical installation I could not say its " highly likely " it will comply with BS7671 2018 and estimate what equipment to use, I would have to do a calculation with known values using the adiabatic equation to prove in theory the installation complys.

On completion of the said installation an engineer would then test and verify, this will ensure that all the relevant disconnection times will be satisfactory.

This is a qoute from Mark Twain:

" Lies, damned lies, and statistics "
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 21-04-2020 at 19:48.

Rides
    I don’t know what to say. You don’t understand.

It’s ok. It’s not my problem.

Rides
    Vitamin D strengthening the immune system is not alternative medicine it is a verified scientific fact, look it up if you dont want to take my word for it.

Old people who have been told to stay indoors have been dying from the disease in sunny hot countries.

Swedes eat plenty of fish which is rich in vitamin D as do the Japenese, herd immunity has worked for them regarding Covid 19.

The Spanish Flu killed hundreds of millions of people, Covid 19 can not be compared to the Spanish flu.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/v...and-flu-season
    Of course it can be compared. It is more virulent for a start.

Doesn’t change the fact that you are selfish and ignorant

You, as always didn’t answer a question which means you must believe in your alternative, fiction worshipping reality that you are more qualified than medical research scientists around the globe

Now to really answer your statement about Vitamin D strengthening the immune system and how you believe it will help with Covid-19

The SARS Coronavirus 2 doesn’t actually kill you from ARDS (that’s acute respiratory distress sysndrome) it’s actually the immuno response that kills you. Your immune system starts attacking even healthy cells, causing more and more fluid build up in the lungs, much of it pus. Now due to some research suggesting hydroxychloroquine helps with Covid-19. Do you know what Hydroxychloroquine does? It’s an immunosuppressant, often given to people with auto-immune diseases - that’s where the immune system attacks your body. So tell me oh great one. How would strengthening the immune system help when research has shown suppressing the immune system is beneficial. That’s a FACT! So until you actually do your homework or talk to someone who does know what they are talking about and not Dr Oz off Fox News which it seems is where you get all your information from. I’m going to put you on the ignore list

Good bye

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Of course it can be compared. It is more virulent for a start.

Doesn’t change the fact that you are selfish and ignorant

You, as always didn’t answer a question which means you must believe in your alternative, fiction worshipping reality that you are more qualified than medical research scientists around the globe

Now to really answer your statement about Vitamin D strengthening the immune system and how you believe it will help with Covid-19

The SARS Coronavirus 2 doesn’t actually kill you from ARDS (that’s acute respiratory distress sysndrome) it’s actually the immuno response that kills you. Your immune system starts attacking even healthy cells, causing more and more fluid build up in the lungs, much of it pus. Now due to some research suggesting hydroxychloroquine helps with Covid-19. Do you know what Hydroxychloroquine does? It’s an immunosuppressant, often given to people with auto-immune diseases - that’s where the immune system attacks your body. So tell me oh great one. How would strengthening the immune system help when research has shown suppressing the immune system is beneficial. That’s a FACT! So until you actually do your homework or talk to someone who does know what they are talking about and not Dr Oz off Fox News which it seems is where you get all your information from. I’m going to put you on the ignore list

Good bye

Covid 19 affects people with weak immune systems fact, which is old people and people with underlying health conditions.

People of colour have been disproportionately affected by covid 19 fact

People of colour get less vitamin D from the sun than fair skinned people as the melanin protects our skin fact.

Vitamin D has been proven to protect from respiratory illness fact.

Covid 19 is a respiratory disease fact.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04344041

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04334005

Rides
    Professor John Giesecke, one of the worlds most senior epidemiologists advisor to the Swedish government, states that there is no scientific evidence to suggest a lockdown would cause less deaths from covid 19.

https://youtu.be/bfN2JWifLCY

Rides
    Just to highlight that you're yet again doing exactly what arry keeps pointing out, cherry picking your sources.

We've established that you don't believe the Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Medical Officer of your own country. But you do trust the advise of a Swedish medical advisor, mostly I should imagine because it suits your point.

You have already drawn a conclusion and now you're searching for the 'evidence' that asserts it. You're supposed to look at all the evidence available and all the opinions and then see where that takes you. It's a classic demonstration of an inability to critically think, which like I said before, is very very common in religion, another form of indoctrination.

Rides
    Just to highlight that you're yet again doing exactly what arry keeps pointing out, cherry picking your sources.

We've established that you don't believe the Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Medical Officer of your own country. But you do trust the advise of a Swedish medical advisor, mostly I should imagine because it suits your point.

You have already drawn a conclusion and now you're searching for the 'evidence' that asserts it. You're supposed to look at all the evidence available and all the opinions and then see where that takes you. It's a classic demonstration of an inability to critically think, which like I said before, is very very common in religion, another form of indoctrination.

I have looked at all the evidence there is no evidence a lockdown will save any lives :

Japan have population 127,000000 283 covid linked deaths no lockdown

Sweden population 10,000000 1765 covid linked deaths no lockdown

Italy population 60,000000 24000 covid linked deaths lockdown

UK population 67,000000 17000 covid linked deaths lockdown

Can you see the pattern yet ?

I'm not interested in opinions or estimations, I'm only interested in facts and evidence backed science.

As the Professor Giesecke stated the lockdown will not make any difference to the number of covid linked deaths the figures verify his statement.

I'm not religious which is why I have no " faith " in opinions and estimates.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 22-04-2020 at 07:13.

Rides

It's a good one isn't it. You might think that Sweden's medical advisor might be covering his own back a bit

It's a bit like the UK's numbers being overegged for Covid19 deaths but Japan's is perfectly factual.

Rides
    Sweden population 10,000000 1765 covid linked deaths no lockdown
    Haha, you're so hung up on this it's brilliantly funny - we come back to your definition of lockdown don't we.

In your own video he says 'people have been asked to stay inside but there's no reinforcement of that' and follows up with 'people do it anyway'.

Rides
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...t-s-paying-off

Really interesting piece on Sweden's approach.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Haha, you're so hung up on this it's brilliantly funny - we come back to your definition of lockdown don't we.

In your own video he says 'people have been asked to stay inside but there's no reinforcement of that' and follows up with 'people do it anyway'.
    No, it's not my definition.
    The Swedes can go to the restaurant, shops pub and gym if they want to,have mass gatherings and see who they want.

In Sweden they are just protecting the vulnerable, massive difference to being under house arrest and being told what you can and can't buy and who you can see.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    If you read the one I posted, it's open for debate. The crux of the argument is that they're further along their curve than others that have more flattened theirs, but in a year's time they'll be in a similar position as it'll all level out.

I think it's difficult to call either way. There are clear differences in culture and attitude in Sweden - what did all those Brits go and do the night before the pubs closed, and the first weekend of nice weather? It was hardly surprising our govt response was harder, given the stupidity of the people at that point in time.

Rides
    Sweden might not have a formal lockdown but there's a lot of staying at home - look at the hotel / bar / restaurant bankruptcy rate. You might be able to go if the local bar is open but how many people are?

What is policy and what is practice are different things.

I work for a Swedish company in the UK and we were sent home a week before most companies had.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.