Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Because I don't need to..... it's common sense. Take public transport or people working with the public. If there is no lockdown, thats more interactions, more risk of getting infected or passing it it.... If we're in lockdown the numbers go down.

If you can't see that, there is no way you understand how the world works and your simply a selfish and ignorant.
    No, that is incorrect as I have pointed out on numerous occasions the numbers have not gone down significantly, if at all, and we only have four days to go to deadline day as the disease has a one to fourteen day incubation period. So common sense can't be applied to this as we obviously don't fully understand the disease as the dr said in the video above.

One of the only logical explanations is this disease would appear to be that infectious that when people are nipping out for exercise and to the shops it allows contagion to continue, so the only effective lockdown would be for everyone not to leave their home, but this is impossible, most would consider the other logical explanation a conspiracy theory, so like Trump has decided, it is better to let the disease run its course just like we used to do years ago,( 1918 FLU) especially now we have surplus ICU beds with the empty nightingale facilitys, as a prolonged lock down will have a more detrimental effect on the death rate than the disease itself, the majority of people will have to contract this disease in order for it to not be a problem anymore.

As I keep saying, look at Sweden and Japan they have not had lockdowns or restriction of movement and they both have much lower infection rates and death rates so you are obviously not using your common sense, nevermind; are you familiar with the saying " common sense isn't very common ?
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 12:01.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Really ? Is that all you have got, your pathetic
    when you call me a bigot for no reason other than my opinions differ from your own
    No, that is nonsense. What is pathetic is your attempt to mock me by saying my avatar looks like tampons, great joke
    if you were five

You erroneously believe the earth is flat, trump is great, and brexit was a good idea, you refuse to change those views when you’re clearly wrong which makes you a bigot.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    No, that is nonsense. What is pathetic is your attempt to mock me by saying my avatar looks like tampons, great joke
    if you were five

You erroneously believe the earth is flat, trump is great, and brexit was a good idea, you refuse to change those views when you’re clearly wrong which makes you a bigot.
    You're right; your avatar doesn't look like two tampons, it is a fact that they do look like two sanitary towels, which is very left and I think it compliments your femininity

You're now telling me what I believe, as well as calling me a bigot.

You have just verified what I said, you think I'm a bigot because I have different views from you.

This is the definition of bigot from google:

bigot

/ˈbɪɡət/

Learn to pronounce

noun

A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Every time you have conversed with me, you have insulted me because I have a different view and opinion from you, you then call me a bigot, are you for real ?

I think it would better if you decline from humiliating yourself in debates such as this, stick to what you are good at, which I can only assume from your input on the threads I have seen is licking windows.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 14:15.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    As I keep saying, look at Sweden and Japan they have not had lockdowns or restriction of movement
    And as we keep pointing out, yes they have. To the same extent? No. At the same time? No. But they are living more restricted lives now than they were in January. That's factual, too. You're just ignoring it.

and they both have much lower infection rates and death rates so you are obviously not using your common sense, nevermind; are you familiar with the saying " common sense isn't very common ?
    They also have cultural differences, population density differences and countless other variables that could account for that. If you're running a statistical study of this you would work in all of these factors as part of your analysis.

But in Leon's world, statistics work very differently.

Simply put Leon, you're a bit simple fella.

Rides
    I think it would better if you decline from humiliating yourself in debates such as this, stick to what you are good at, which I can only assume from your input on the threads I have seen is licking windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    You’ve been debating politics with an actual window licker
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Yep.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the drop on you back in January and it’s festered so long that you forgot who said it?

The rest of what you said/say is pure dribble and not worth responding

Rides

Rides

We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Last edited by sx rider; 17-04-2020 at 15:30.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    And as we keep pointing out, yes they have. To the same extent? No. At the same time? No. But they are living more restricted lives now than they were in January. That's factual, too. You're just ignoring it.

They also have cultural differences, population density differences and countless other variables that could account for that. If you're running a statistical study of this you would work in all of these factors as part of your analysis.

But in Leon's world, statistics work very differently.

Simply put Leon, you're a bit simple fella.
    I'm not saying that social distancing doesn't work, I'm saying that there is no evidence that the lockdown will have any effect on the death rate.

Japan is much more densely populated than the UK and the population is double ours, they have also had the disease for longer and only a few hundred people have died.

Facts, facts, facts
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 15:27.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I'm not saying that social distancing doesn't work, I'm saying that there is no evidence that the lockdown will have any effect on the death rate.

Japan is much more densely populated than the UK and the population is double ours, they have also had the disease for longer and only a few hundred people have died.

Facts, facts, facts
    Culture is a massive factor with Japan. They actually follow orders and take precautions. Not like our population of dumb ****s who think this isn't serious.... Fyi you're in that group.

Rides
    https://youtu.be/gfgp-eNPw3M

Rides
    In that instance you have no base assumption on which you can model your control.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Culture is a massive factor with Japan. They actually follow orders and take precautions. Not like our population of dumb ****s who think this isn't serious.... Fyi you're in that group.
    You are so wrong, I realise how very serious this virus is. I believe I had it months ago and I can honestly say it made me feel terrible, which is why I think we need a debate on the best way to move forwards with this, rather than letting the NHS religion, which takes direction from the WHO and is a politically biased organisation( reference Taiwan ) rule our nation. A lot of people do not know anyone that has it, or who has had it, and after WMD and Brexit struggle to believe what they see on the main stream media, so they dont see it as being real, and just think it's all bollocks.
    Surely even you can understand that; some people have to see it to believe it.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 21:39.

Rides
    You are so wrong, I realise how very serious this virus is, I believe I had it months ago and I can honestly say it made me feel terrible, which is why I think we need a debate on the best way to move forwards with this, rather than letting the NHS religion, which takes direction from the WHO and is a politically biased organisation( reference Taiwan ) rule our nation, a lot of people do not know anyone that has it, or who has had it, and after WMD and Brexit struggle to believe what they see on the main stream media, so they dont see it as being real, and just think it's all bollocks.
    Surely even you can understand that; some people have to see it to believe it.
    LULWUT

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    In that instance you have no base assumption on which you can model your control.
    We have a base assumption, this is a virus and we know how viruses are transmitted.
    The WHO and the NHS believed Chinas figures to be correct, they underestimated how infectious this virus is.
    Our government have never believed China on anything, China have a tyrannical communist regime and always try to paint the perfect picture of their methods and achievements.
    It was very nieve of the WHO and the NHS to have took their word on this, and that mistake has cost thousands of lives, for example mucus from a sneeze can travel eight feet and remain in the air for hours, on the tube that could potentially infect hundreds of people.
    A simple home made face covering or mask would have limited the spread of the disease but they decided against that and told us that masks and face coverings dont work and could possibly infect more people.
    Some people are smart but they are not clever.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 21:34.

Rides
    One the WHO is part of the UN which does not recognise Taiwan as a country and failed
    To look in-depth at what Taiwan was doing

Two, the evidence is debatable as to whether even surgical masks will filter airborne virus particles and also you would need to cover your eyes as well to prevent being infected

Rides
    Also you have quoting incubation periods, not considering the fact people won’t catch it at the same time you could have many thousands of people incubating it over a period of months, not weeks. That’s epidemiologists model the spread of the virus. But also consider official figures have not included this who have possibly died at home or in nursing homes who weren’t tested

Rides
    World wide health organisations should not be politicised, this instance verifys my point.
    Taiwan had some useful information that would have saved thousands of lives, the WHO decided to ignore it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52088167

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/113959...mission-china/
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 22:00.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Also you have quoting incubation periods, not considering the fact people won’t catch it at the same time you could have many thousands of people incubating it over a period of months, not weeks. That’s epidemiologists model the spread of the virus. But also consider official figures have not included this who have possibly died at home or in nursing homes who weren’t tested

That's my point we have been told the incubation period is one to fourteen days, we can determine how effective the action we have taken is within a set time frame.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 17-04-2020 at 21:58.

Rides

We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

That's my point we have been told the incubation period is one to fourteen days, we can determine how effective the action we have taken is within a set time frame.
    It doesn’t work that way.

You have to factor in demographics of who is currently being infected.

You also have to factor in modern office buildings with air circulation, open plan areas, it doesn’t take long for 1 person to infect an entire office, who would then in turn go on to spread it. The fact that the mortality rate is so high, committing to herd immunisation would be condemning considerably more to die in a horrible manner

Edit you only have to look at how it burned through food processing plants in the US

Rides
    I think people should watch this and realise why this has to be taken seriously

https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM