Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I dont know what all the trouble in that film was about, couldnt someone have just popped a cap in the old duffers head and be done with it?
    No, Sideous was an experienced Sith Lord, all Jedis and siths are able to deflect projectiles with their light sabres from a very early age.( reference Jedi Temple episode three )

Sideous sent Vadar to face Obi 1 knowing he wasn't ready, although Vadar was highly skilled in combat and the strongest ever with the force he was too young and arrogant to beat an experienced Jedi Master like Obi 1.

Sideous did this as he knew Vadar was too strong with the force for him to control, ( remember Anakin was born via an immaculate conception )so he needed some leverage over Anakin to stop Vadar from eventually destroying him which he had foresaw.

Rides
    Just remember Leon. That’s not FACT, that’s Fiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Just remember Leon. That’s not FACT, that’s Fiction

It is my religion, I have been following the ways of the force since 1997 on the 2001 census I was a Jedi, I became a Jedi Master by the 2011 census.

In 2012 I recognized the error of my ways and could not resist the unlimited power and chaos of the dark side.

If we have a census next year I will be going down as Sith Lord

I'm now going to have to report you for a hate speech non-crime to the stasi (police) as you have referred to my religion as fiction, and I'm very very offended.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 19-04-2020 at 18:34.

Rides
    Ok so the bad guys were hard but come on... even they couldnt handle a S&W 500 with 700 grains of Trex troubling ammo.
    Heck a 10mm could prob do it.

Shit like this goes on all the time in space Glasgow.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    It is my religion, I have been following the ways of the force since 1997 on the 2001 census I was a Jedi, I became a Jedi Master by the 2011 census.

In 2012 I recognized the error of my ways and could not resist the unlimited power and chaos of the dark side.
    After 8 years following the dark side you would think you would be able to spell "Vader" and "Sidious" by now
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    After 8 years following the dark side you would think you would be able to spell "Vader" and "Sidious" by now
    That was a deliberate spelling mistake.
    Im strong with the force and now because I'm on the dark side I can't say or write the above names correctly three times, if I do they will be resurrected, which would mean I would no longer be Sith Lord as I would have to join or destroy Sideous and Vader.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 20-04-2020 at 10:54.

Rides
    Sweden's "no lockdown" policy has worked, they managed to beat the coronavirus whilst keeping pubs restaurants and gyms open and allowing large social gatherings of up to fifty people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-figures.html

Rides
    You can't say it's "worked" and they've managed to "beat" the Virus. Their deaths and cases are still increasing. But it cannot be denied that Sweden is not feeling the heat as much as the rest of the world and isn't locking down.

Still, I believe you need to take into account that they typically are better disciplined at following Government advice, and that they have a population 1/7th the size of the UK living in a country with twice the available area, so population density is a natural defense against the spread.

Either way, it's not worked or beaten.

Rides

We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Sweden's "no lockdown" policy has worked, they managed to beat the coronavirus whilst keeping pubs restaurants and gyms open and allowing large social gatherings of up to fifty people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-figures.html
    But they are showing a much higher than the global mortality rate, as are we.

Approx 10% for Sweden, 13% for us. Italy is currently at 20% based on their reported figures

So are any of our reported figures accurate?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    But they are showing a much higher than the global mortality rate, as are we.

Approx 10% for Sweden, 13% for us. Italy is currently at 20% based on their reported figures

So are any of our reported figures accurate?

The problem with all those statistics is that they are based on the number of people that have tested positive for the disease.

It is impossible to determine how many people have or have had the disease in each individual nation, unless you test the whole population every day, as this is the case; the mortality rates qouted are nonsense.

For example Germany appears to have a low mortality rate, they have tested millions and have had near a hundred fifty thousand positive cases of the disease.

If Germany weren't so efficient at everything including testing and they had only tested hundreds of thousands like we have rather than millions, their mortality rate would of been much higher.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 21-04-2020 at 10:57.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    You can't say it's "worked" and they've managed to "beat" the Virus. Their deaths and cases are still increasing. But it cannot be denied that Sweden is not feeling the heat as much as the rest of the world and isn't locking down.

Still, I believe you need to take into account that they typically are better disciplined at following Government advice, and that they have a population 1/7th the size of the UK living in a country with twice the available area, so population density is a natural defense against the spread.

Either way, it's not worked or beaten.
    The deaths and cases will always increase, just as deaths and cases from the common cold, influenza and cancer always increase, we will never be able to stop people getting diseases, all we can do is manage and treat people once they have contracted a disease.

Even the vaccine will not stop people from getting the disease, for example children who have been vaccinated against measles can and do still contract measles.

People who have been vaccinated against the flu can and do still contract the flu, these medicines just limit the numbers, to get any of these diseases to 0 infection rate is impossible.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 21-04-2020 at 10:45.

Rides
    People who have been vaccinated against the flu can and do still contract the flu, these medicines just limit the numbers, to get any of these diseases to 0 infection rate is impossible.
    That’s because each year they vaccinate against the most widely reported strain of the flu and different countries use different vaccination methods.

There are global influenza centres around the world of which out of the 6, the UK has one at the Crick Institute, where they are constantly testing different strains that are appearing and these are coordinated by the WHO (it does actually do a lot of good)

Rides
    to get any of these diseases to 0 infection rate is impossible.
    This is what I mean about you don't get statistics. The infection rate does not need to be 0 for a disease to die out. That's not the target. It needs to be less than 1.

Rides
    This is what I mean about you don't get statistics. The infection rate does not need to be 0 for a disease to die out. That's not the target. It needs to be less than 1.
    I didn't say the infection rate has to be 0 for a disease to die out, I said it is impossible to get any of the said diseases to 0 infection rate which is correct.

Diseases such as the ones mentioned never die out.

How many years has influenza been around ?

We vaccinate against it, we know how to treat it, influenza still kills hundreds of thousands of people every year.

Diseases mutate; they have too in order to survive like most living things, we will never beat the diseases mentioned, we can only try and control them.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 21-04-2020 at 12:06.

Rides
    we can only try and control them.
    And that's exactly why we locked down. Because COVID-19 was especially infectious and we took our R value from significantly above 1, to now less than 1

Rides
    Well according to the media, we may have reached the peak.

My heart goes out to the health workers and their families who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, just because they cared

Rides
    And that's exactly why we locked down. Because COVID-19 was especially infectious and we took our R value from significantly above 1, to now less than 1
    R value

The R value is always an estimate, there is no way of accurately calculating the R value unless you test the whole population every day.

In reality the R value is just a figure pulled out of some scientists arse.

As I have said before we should not be using estimates to determine how the virus is effecting the public, with a disease as serious as this we should only use definites such as hospital admissions and deaths, everything else is just fabricated nonsense that confuses the public.

This type of nonsense comes from the same sort of people who expect you to believe that wearing a mask doesn't help to protect you or the public even though the entire NHS wear them.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 21-04-2020 at 18:01.

Rides
    You can’t just bang on about the incubation period and it’s over so we shouldn’t be locked down.

Just review the data from the last pandemics we have had to see how it spread within countries and around the globe. It’s not that simple. If it was, you should have been an epidemiologist

Rides
    And masks do not protect you if like a lot of people you are going into shops, wander around in t-shirts and shorts, leaving much of your skin uncovered

And also the types of masks people are wearing do nothing to protect them or others

Btw, this may really piss Leon off. Many of the breweries believe pubs will not be open until Christmas, if they ever open again because they are likely to have gone out of business - should be some cheap pubs going lads

Rides
    And also after Spain and Italy issued lockdowns (perhaps too late) we were actively encouraging mass gatherings.

Example, Spain had banned all football matches, we flew in Spanish fans to Liverpool.

Rather than the lockdown preventing any further spread, this inaction probably caused the mass amount of infections we have had. Being an Island should have offered us more protection than continental Europe as Schengen has no border checks, so the infected go unchecked (Christ I sound like a brexiteer)