Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    I can’t find the list now but garages, petrol stations and hardware shops will keep running according to a bbc report I saw last night

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I can’t find the list now but garages, petrol stations and hardware shops will keep running according to a bbc report I saw last night
    And Sports Direct... oh no they've changed their minds - seems they were not 'uniquely positioned to keep the UK as fit and healthy as possible' after all.

What's the world coming to eh. Can't even buy a new lounge track suit with the proceeds of your last Henry deal eh. Shambles.

Rides
    So is a trip from Midlands to Bristol to replace the fuel pump on my Niece's Micra "essential work"?

Rides
    Looks like all the greedy factory nd warehouse owners have kept on as normal in stoke....

How do we expect social distancing to work if they're packed in their 100s...

My mate has been told making staircases is essential and father in law is still making pots

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    So is a trip from Midlands to Bristol to replace the fuel pump on my Niece's Micra "essential work"?
    If she needs the Micra to get to a key worker position then I'd say it's justified. If not then just ignore it forever more and let the hateful thing go to scrap LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Looks like all the greedy factory nd warehouse owners have kept on as normal in stoke....

How do we expect social distancing to work if they're packed in their 100s...
    Yeah, turns out my Eurocarparts order is still on its way despite nothing in it being of any importance whatsoever. I'm not going to be working on the car now as we might need it and if I cock it up......

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Not the leadership we need right now, and in fairness to Johnson, I've been onboard with them so far.
    It's a bit 'conflicty' but I guess he knows there's no actual powers at the moment so 'strong message' can't be followed up with text that says you MUST. Couldn't help but feel, watching him last night, that he'd gone deliberately down the 'I have to spell it out to these dumb ****s in words of less than one syllable'. What a time to be alive eh.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Well the good news is I’m starting to feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's good to hear, I have always found oily fish good for the immune system helps speed up the recovery time.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It's a bit 'conflicty' but I guess he knows there's no actual powers at the moment so 'strong message' can't be followed up with text that says you MUST. Couldn't help but feel, watching him last night, that he'd gone deliberately down the 'I have to spell it out to these dumb ****s in words of less than one syllable'. What a time to be alive eh.
    I can get onboard with that. You could almost see in his face that he couldn't believe he was having to tell people to not be cnuts.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I have been WFH since last Wednesday.

It has been OK. Saving lots on fuel and a good 1 hr 40 mins a day travel.

But on Monday my Mrs. also starts WFH.

Well shucks...
    Oh mate, I hear ya. Mrs Arry started WFH last Thursday. Our office has one long desk set up with two PC's / screens / chairs etc. She spent the entire morning 'cleaning' around the desk area and then dismantling her PC because she wanted to use her laptop instead (fair enough) and then moaning at me that the screen cannot be connected to the laptop (yes that's because the screen is 10 years old and you'd never allow me to buy you a new one because it's a waste of money....until now it's all so important). Then the keyboard is a PS2 connector not USB so that's a problem..... blah blah it goes on. Then this morning a new desk turned up from IKEA and she's been upstairs in our attic room setting up all morning because 'there's a view out rather than staring at a wall'.

The desk is one counter top piece, 4 plates that attach to the underside via 6 screws each and then 4 legs that just screw into the plate. Nice and simple. She leant into the storage space in the eaves and pulls out a screwdriver..... from right by the side of where the drill is. The drill has a screwdriver attachment. You can see where this is going....

3 weeks of this I'm gonna be gagging for that crowded hospital corridor with nothing but a brown paper bag as a ventilator

Rides
    I think the government will clamp down on this, M1 was still busy this morning, I passed a van that said something about private swimming pool repair on the side, and a van with about ten scaffolders in sat right next too each other, problem is our poor education system means many people do not understand how diseases are spread, we spend far too much time learning about space and dinosaurs rather than real life subject matter.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    scaffolders ...... education system
    There's some words that don't belong together in any sentence ever.
    Last edited by arry; 24-03-2020 at 12:42.

Rides
    Oh mate, I hear ya. Mrs Arry started WFH last Thursday. Our office has one long desk set up with two PC's / screens / chairs etc. She spent the entire morning 'cleaning' around the desk area and then dismantling her PC because she wanted to use her laptop instead (fair enough) and then moaning at me that the screen cannot be connected to the laptop (yes that's because the screen is 10 years old and you'd never allow me to buy you a new one because it's a waste of money....until now it's all so important). Then the keyboard is a PS2 connector not USB so that's a problem..... blah blah it goes on. Then this morning a new desk turned up from IKEA and she's been upstairs in our attic room setting up all morning because 'there's a view out rather than staring at a wall'.

The desk is one counter top piece, 4 plates that attach to the underside via 6 screws each and then 4 legs that just screw into the plate. Nice and simple. She leant into the storage space in the eaves and pulls out a screwdriver..... from right by the side of where the drill is. The drill has a screwdriver attachment. You can see where this is going....

3 weeks of this I'm gonna be gagging for that crowded hospital corridor with nothing but a brown paper bag as a ventilator
    Oh how this made me chuckle

My issue is, frankly, she has a very finite attention span, is obsessed with the dogs and is on the phone all day. Time will tell!

Rides
    I am hoping this virus would wipe out the spazzis but its not going to do that unfortunately.

Rides
    there's some words that don't belong together in any sentence ever.
    So true

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I am hoping this virus would wipe out the spazzis but its not going to do that unfortunately.
    No I doubt they would even know they had it, most spazzis possess mongole strength, I can remember seeing some of them jumping off a bridge into the canal during the heat wave a few years ago, a huge sewage storm tank emptied its contents about 20 metres up stream that amount of sewage would of made most people violently Ill or worse, didn't seem to bother them as they where doing it all summer.

Rides
    I didn't go to work today as instructed however I'm working tomorrow on my day off :/. We need to keep key workers cars working I guess.

Rides
    I got 3 cream buns yesterday from my local cream bun shop. This is notable because normally by the time i can be bothered going round to them - they are all sold out.

Nope not now, i got 3 and could have had 5 if i felt particularly obese that day.

So plenty of upsides to come for the coronation st. virus.

Rides
    Mmmmm cream buns lol

Rides
    There is more full guidance available. These are the exceptions to retail:

"Supermarkets and other food shops, health shops, pharmacies including non-dispensing pharmacies, petrol stations, bicycle shops, home and hardware shops, laundrettes and dry cleaners, garages, car rentals, pet shops, corner shops, newsagents, post offices, and banks."

Garages can remain open.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...close-guidance

Rides
    all the niche places are still open as they are not mentioned by the government.