Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    The hospitals up here are not busy. Some patients are still being asked to sign do not resuscitate orders, no doubt their deaths will go towards the national died "WITH" covid figures.
    Leon, you have banged on about Brexit. I don’t care about it anymore. From what we have seen the EU is dead, Germany have pumped billions into helping the Italians and the Spanish, what have their French Allie done? Dropped their weapons and ran like they always did

Now stop saying the virus isn’t real. It is. Broomfield has 190 beds because people have died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I’m sorry. Mods can you ban Leon. He believes the world is flat and this pandemic isn’t real. I see Michelle risking her life every day to fight it, most noble thing I can think of

Rides
    Covid-19 is now properly racist:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52255863

There is "emerging evidence" to suggest coronavirus is having a disproportionate impact on people who are black, Asian and minority ethnic.

Research suggests that more than a third of patients who are critically ill in hospital with the virus are from these backgrounds.

Only 14% of people in England and Wales are from ethnic minority backgrounds, according to the 2011 census.

However, the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre found that 34% of more than 3,000 critically ill coronavirus patients identified as black, Asian or minority ethnic.
    Doesn't take much rocket sciencey stuff to work this one out does it - London and other major cities are almost by definition going to be the heaviest populated, leading to exponential virus spreading, and that population is going to have a much higher representation of ethnic minorities than the national average because people don't migrate for work and then live in the Peak District Further, I wonder if in London the majority of doctors are....... err......not English

But Labour reckon it's worth some sort of inequality investigation

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I’m sorry. Mods can you ban Leon. He believes the world is flat and this pandemic isn’t real. I see Michelle risking her life every day to fight it, most noble thing I can think of
    You keep engaging with him. He’s a troll, he’s pathetic. So don’t give him the time of day.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    You keep engaging with him. He’s a troll, he’s pathetic. So don’t give him the time of day.
    I won’t any more. Autofinesse Avalanche amd Ammo Paint cleaner are awesome washed 2 cars today

Rides
    Leon, you have banged on about Brexit. I don’t care about it anymore. From what we have seen the EU is dead, Germany have pumped billions into helping the Italians and the Spanish, what have their French Allie done? Dropped their weapons and ran like they always did

Now stop saying the virus isn’t real. It is. Broomfield has 190 beds because people have died

People dying from the virus is different to people dying with the virus.

Rides
    Shut up will you? We gave you a chance

Rides
    Shut up will you? We gave you a chance

Do you know how many people have died from the virus ? I like the rest of the British public haven't a clue as they report the deaths of people that died with the virus which they probably caught from hospital.

We will not be able to tell until next year if the virus has affected the death rate or not.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 13-04-2020 at 08:56.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I won’t any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 replying to Leon View Post
    Shut up will you? We gave you a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    DNR orders on children, have I woke up in a parallel dimension?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...virus-21852510

Wouldn't like to imagine what's happening to old people.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis...keep-on-going/

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    DNR orders on children, have I woke up in a parallel dimension?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...virus-21852510

Wouldn't like to imagine what's happening to old people.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis...keep-on-going/
    Ok, I'll bite.

These are horrible tough decisions for the families involved, but they need to think of others. I know this as my family have had to make it for my 51 year old dad (who has a brain injury and cannot make life/death decisions) and is living in a rehab facility.

Imagine the following scenario:

You have 2 kids in front of you. They both need a ventilator to survive their COVID-19 infection.

Kid A - Generally healthy kid with no underlying health conditions, chance of survival with the ventilator 80% or more

Kid B - Fighting cancer which has weakened their immune system, chance of survival with the ventilator 35% or less.

Giving Kid B the ventilator could result in 2 dead kids with families grieving. Doctors are faced with a limited number of ventilators/ICU beds, they are having to make these tough/horrible choices every single day.

No one is asking a family of a generally healthy kid to sign a DNR.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

These are horrible tough decisions for the families involved, but they need to think of others. I know this as my family have had to make it for my 51 year old dad (who has a brain injury and cannot make life/death decisions) and is living in a rehab facility.

Imagine the following scenario:

You have 2 kids in front of you. They both need a ventilator to survive their COVID-19 infection.

Kid A - Generally healthy kid with no underlying health conditions, chance of survival with the ventilator 80% or more

Kid B - Fighting cancer which has weakened their immune system, chance of survival with the ventilator 35% or less.

Giving Kid B the ventilator could result in 2 dead kids with families grieving. Doctors are faced with a limited number of ventilators/ICU beds, they are having to make these tough/horrible choices every single day.

No one is asking a family of a generally healthy kid to sign a DNR.
    We as a nation are no way near running out of ventilators or ICU beds, apparently the only place that is anyway near this happening is London, in the rest of the country the hospitals are literally empty, so to say Doctors are having to make those " who can I save "choices every day is nonsense, and has no correlation to children with learning difficulties and autism ect.

This statement was taking from the above article in the Mirror.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence had told *doctors to assess people with learning disabilities, autism or cerebral palsy on a “clinical frailty scale” meaning some would be denied *hospital treatment.

These sorts of actions as well as forcing children to die without their parents being able to see them because of this virus is savage.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 14-04-2020 at 12:06.

Rides
    We as a nation are no way near running out of ventilators or ICU beds, apparently the only place that is anyway near this happening is London, in the rest of the country the hospitals are literally empty

Source for your data please?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    have I woke up in a parallel
    Yes I believe you have, this is earth, a globe that is round.
    Last edited by sx rider; 14-04-2020 at 13:18.

Rides
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 14-04-2020 at 15:28.

Rides
    You really are a **** 12000 people have died in this country and you still believe it’s not a problem

Rides
    You really are a **** 12000 people have died in this country and you still believe it’s not a problem

600000 people a year die in the UK, this is from last years death rate (pre-covid) there has been 12000 covid " linked " deaths or you could say 12000 people have died" with "covid, it would be a lie to say 12000 people died " from" covid.

For example, a man was involved in a serious road traffic accident he had very serious injuries and died in hospital but also tested positive for covid, the mans death would be reported as a covid linked death or that he died with covid.

I have never said we do not have a problem, because we obviously have, there is no evidence to suggest that hysteria and this lockdown will make any difference to the death rate.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 14-04-2020 at 16:51.

Rides
    Source - two weeks ago, and he said (devil in detail Leon) I don’t think we are anywhere close to that kind of scenario at the moment. Which is interesting because ICU beds run hot all the time anyway - as I'll demonstrate in a moment.

This link has some interesting numbers in it though:
    London - 850?
    Midlands - 425?
    North West - 300?
    South East - 300?
    North East and Yorkshire - 300?
    East of England - 250
    Scotland - 200
    South West - 125
    Wales - 125
    Northern Ireland - 50

So that's ~3000 beds as at 8th April just to Covid19.
    https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...2020-auY71.pdf

In January 2020 there were 4123 beds at 83% occupancy rate. That leaves 700 beds free for all the Covid19 cases. Admittedly I think that link provides details of England alone but since it's where the problem is (the NI, Wales and Scotland numbers are low) that's a significant issue, which suggests we were not close to running out of beds.... we RAN OUT of beds.

It's odd to note hospitals are empty where you are.

Good job we went on that lockdown then, I guess?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Source - two weeks ago, and he said (devil in detail Leon) I don’t think we are anywhere close to that kind of scenario at the moment. Which is interesting because ICU beds run hot all the time anyway - as I'll demonstrate in a moment.

This link has some interesting numbers in it though:
    London - 850?
    Midlands - 425?
    North West - 300?
    South East - 300?
    North East and Yorkshire - 300?
    East of England - 250
    Scotland - 200
    South West - 125
    Wales - 125
    Northern Ireland - 50

So that's ~3000 beds as at 8th April just to Covid19.
    https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...2020-auY71.pdf

In January 2020 there were 4123 beds at 83% occupancy rate. That leaves 700 beds free for all the Covid19 cases. Admittedly I think that link provides details of England alone but since it's where the problem is (the NI, Wales and Scotland numbers are low) that's a significant issue, which suggests we were not close to running out of beds.... we RAN OUT of beds.

It's odd to note hospitals are empty where you are.

Good job we went on that lockdown then, I guess?
    Please can you source your data which shows where and when we ran out of beds.

I would guess the hospitals are empty everywhere apart from the southeast the information you have provided proves this to be correct as the information you have provided would suggest by your own calculations that we have typically 700 hundred beds spare although the nightingale hospitals have provided extra capacity over the last few weeks and we have NOT ran out yet.

It is a fact that the majority of hospitals are empty, source below
    https://www.hsj.co.uk/acute-care/nhs...027392.article
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 14-04-2020 at 17:41.

Rides
    Please can you source your data which shows where and when we ran out of beds.
    It's linked in the above - NHS data.

I would guess the hospitals are empty everywhere apart from the southeast the information you have provided proves this to be correct as the information you have provided would suggest by your own calculations that we have typically 700 hundred beds spare and we have NOT ran out yet.
    Information I provided? That was your data?

Simply, your source suggested there were circa 3000 Covid19 patients in critical care bed as at April 8th. If we only have 4123 beds and those beds are usually at circa 80% occupancy anyway, then that's 3000 on top of 3300 ish people that are just ordinarily in Critical Care - rolling - across the 12 month dataset.

One could argue that the Covid19 patients were patients already in ICU before they contracted Covid19 but your source data says quite specifically Covid19 Patients.