Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    This is one of the governments chief advisors for the current coronavirus pandemic from the imperial college/WHO/China/Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fted-soon.html
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 29-04-2020 at 19:32.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    He’s a scientist, statistician, virologist, political pundit, an aspiring sith lord and now a lawyer too
    Can I bite back? I worked in a virology department and also worked for a magic circle law firm. I also have a maths degree (Statistics) Leon / Leona whatever his name / gender is knows nothing.

Actually I’m going to go back listening to Kunt and the Gang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Oh he is now trying to look academic mentioning University of Oxford. It is Professor Adrian Hill who is leading the research for a vaccine you retard

Rides
    Far more less deadly

Rides
    Coronavirus epidemic could lead to 18,000 more cancer deaths in a year, study suggests,

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...gests-11980287

The lockdown and the closing of hospitals to cancer patients would have caused more deaths than the coronavirus pandemic, the current alleged amount of people that have died " with " Covid in the UK is 22000. The above figure doesn't take into account all the other people that haven't been treated for various diseases.

There is a massive difference between someone that has died " with " covid and someone that has died " from " covid.

The only way to determine how many people have died from covid is to look at the amount of total deaths for the UK next year and compare them to previous years, I expect to see the amount of deaths to be around six hundred thousand like it normally is.

Last edited by LeonatLarge; 29-04-2020 at 19:35.

Rides
    Oh Coronavirus leads to cancer now? We gave you a chance but you have just proven how much of a retard you are

Rides
    Just for Fat Leona

The third billy goat gets on the bridge, but is also stopped by the hungry troll who threatens to devour him as well. However, the third billy goat challenges the troll and knocks him off the bridge with his horns. The troll falls into the stream and is carried away by the current. From then on the bridge is safe, and all three goats are able to go to the rich fields around the summer farm in the hills, and they all live happily ever after.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Professor Carl Heneghan, director of the centre for evidence-based medicine, believes infections were at their highest around mid-March - 21 days before the country recorded its worst day for deaths on April 8, and before the lockdown, this proves the lockdown has been ineffective in combating the disease, and is therefore unlawful.
    I didn't want to get involved in this thread as I am enjoying it far too much from the sidelines (I think it definitely needs to go in SXOC Gold at some point), but, I have a question. If someone "believes" something, how is that proof of something and not just their opinion?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pea View Post
    I didn't want to get involved in this thread as I am enjoying it far too much from the sidelines (I think it definitely needs to go in SXOC Gold at some point), but, I have a question. If someone "believes" something, how is that proof of something and not just their opinion?

Leon believes his own lies.

Add this to SXOC Gold and then he can come back and remember how much a twat he is.

It’s
    Comedy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pea View Post

They where my words not the professors.

Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine and Director, Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine; Fellow of Kellogg College at Oxford University.

The professor actually said this:

Professor Carl Heneghan claims data shows infection rates halved after the Government launched a public information campaign on March 16 urging people to wash their hands and keep two metres (6'6") away from others.*

He said ministers 'lost sight' of the evidence and rushed into a*nationwide quarantine six days later after being instructed by*scientific advisers who he claims have been 'consistently wrong' during the crisis.*

Professor Heneghan hailed*Sweden*- which has not enforced a lockdown despite fierce criticism - for 'holding its nerve' and avoiding a 'doomsday scenario'. The country has recorded just 392 new patients and 40 deaths today, approximately 10 per cent of the UK's figures. Britain's diagnoses have not been announced yet.

Carl is a professor of evidence based medicine, he has data/evidence that shows the lockdown was ineffective regarding the spread of the disease.

The Imperial college/China/WHO/Bill Gates had no evidence when they advised the government to lockdown the country, they use computer modelling which historically has always been incorrect.

This means the lockdown was unlawful.
    The coronavirus bill clearly states actions of the government should be reasonable, proportionate and scientifically backed.

Professor Sir Julian Legrand who used to be the chief medical advisor to the UK government wrote a letter to the editor of the Sunday Times, (which was published on sunday) explaining that in the early noughties the imperial college advised him that seven million would die in the UK from avian flu, he and the then Prime Minister looked at the evidence and dismissed it as nonsense, which it turned out to be.

This shows the difference between an experienced government and a inexperienced hysterical government.

Dominic Cummings knew the Imperial college/WHO/china/Bill Gates five hundred thousand deaths forecast for the UK was nonsense, the government have decided to ignore his advice.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 30-04-2020 at 08:45.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Dominic Cummings knew the Imperial college/WHO/china/Bill Gates five hundred thousand deaths forecast for the UK was nonsense, the government have decided to ignore his advice.
    Good! Because Dominic Cummings has no expertise whatsoever in virology or the management of outbreaks. He should not even have had his beaky nose in the SAGE meetings at all.

Rides
    The WHO have been proven to be incorrect again.
    They have actually been doing some scientific testing in South Korea and have discovered that patients they thought had been re-inefected with the disease where showing false positives as the test was picking up dead virus genetic material.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/126675...ns-experts-say

This proves herd immunity can be achieved, and will be if we lift the lockdown.

If we look at the data/evidence the disease peaked in Japan on April the 11th.

Japan have reached herd immunity already thanks to their no lockdown policy, which the majority of the top epidemiologists advise such as Johan Giesecke.

Last edited by LeonatLarge; 30-04-2020 at 09:04.

Rides
    It’s comical that you’re claiming Japan have reached herd immunity despite not testing everyone in the country for infection, particularly after arguing you can’t make any claims on data without testing the whole population, which is made funnier by the fact that I made that point in the first place

You’re literally a joke to me lol.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    The Imperial college/China/WHO/Bill Gates had no evidence when they advised the government to lockdown the country, they use computer modelling which historically has always been incorrect.

This means the lockdown was unlawful.
    The coronavirus bill clearly states actions of the government should be reasonable, proportionate and scientifically backed.
    And whats happening in the USA shows us that while the modelling maybe overcautious, if we hadnt locked down it would be a lot worse.

What are you actually trying to achieve here Leon? Youve attacked a bloke who has given away 45bn as being greedy, youve tried to discredit the WHO to the point of suggesting they are somehow conspiring against us and youre suggesting a disease which has killed at least 227K people worldwide, has no vaccine and no guaranteed treatment and has still not reached its peak is not really anything to be concerned about.

In one sentence, what is your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    The lockdown wasn’t unlawful. The UK government have that power which Japan doesn’t and neither the US. There is no federal mandate to be able to lock down. Read the constitution

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    And whats happening in the USA shows us that while the modelling maybe overcautious, if we hadnt locked down it would be a lot worse.

What are you actually trying to achieve here Leon? Youve attacked a bloke who has given away 45bn as being greedy, youve tried to discredit the WHO to the point of suggesting they are somehow conspiring against us and youre suggesting a disease which has killed at least 227K people worldwide, has no vaccine and no guaranteed treatment and has still not reached its peak is not really anything to be concerned about.

In one sentence. “He has proven himself to be a twat”

Claimed he had but still went to work and the gym. If he did, probably spread it and infected others. That’s really selfish.

Leon, let me spell it out to you in little words you may understand. The Lockdown isn’t to prevent you from going to the gym or pub. It’s to protect the vulnerable, the ones you don’t seem to care about

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post

This disease is no worse than the flu and there is no scientific evidence that suggests a lockdown stops or slows the spread of infection.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 30-04-2020 at 11:38.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    It’s comical that you’re claiming Japan have reached herd immunity despite not testing everyone in the country for infection, particularly after arguing you can’t make any claims on data without testing the whole population, which is made funnier by the fact that I made that point in the first place

You’re literally a joke to me lol.
    No I didn't say that, I said the R value was nonsense as it realies on computer modelling rather than fact.

Japans policy of no lockdown is recommended by the vast majority of the top epidemiologists.

The disease peaked in Japan on the 11th of April.

Most top epidemiologists have stated that herd immunity can be achieved in a few months, Japan have followed the top epidemiologists advice and have ignored the WHO and have had less than 500 covid linked deaths since January.

This is quite an achievement for a very developed nation with city's with 8 million plus people and a population of 130 million.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 30-04-2020 at 11:44.

Rides
    And Leona how can Japan claim they have herd immunity? When...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52466834

Thought I’d post a news page that your expert knowledge can defunk

Apologies

Rides
    You keep spouting about Herd Immunity. With the mortality rate it’s 4.5 percent of the global population. You willing to risk your most vulnerable family? If so you are a selfish prick.

Herd immunity certainly worked in New York. Hospitals are crammed, Nurses are burned out. You won’t be able to go to the pub, they are all closed