Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I still work in the motor trade and we've been told not to come into work. The technicians are still going in to do MoT's and servicing but no sales are happening at the moment and I can't exactly work from home doing this job.

I really hope anyone who gets it recovers quickly. My 5yo little girl has it and my stepmom is in hospital. After reading through this whole thread - day 5 of isolation at home now. I'm running out of productive things to do to distract me from being so powerless to look after my family.

And don't talk to me about home schooling...

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Just been on. Six month exemption from MOTs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    I still work in the motor trade and we've been told not to come into work. The technicians are still going in to do MoT's and servicing but no sales are happening at the moment and I can't exactly work from home doing this job.

I really hope anyone who gets it recovers quickly. My 5yo little girl has it and my stepmom is in hospital. After reading through this whole thread - day 5 of isolation at home now. I'm running out of productive things to do to distract me from being so powerless to look after my family.

And don't talk to me about home schooling...
    Some schools have Microsoft teams setup to try and school kids remotely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    From 30th March - so the next 5 days at the height of the pandemic everyone's off to get an essential MOT

That just seems like a mega way of putting independent MOT stations out of business.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Would imagine most of the people working on the legislation haven't a clue what one is. "Why don't they buy a new car?"

Rides
    Would imagine most of the people working on the legislation haven't a clue what one is. "Why don't they buy a new car?"
    LOL true; isn't that something that happens when I've given the car back and got my new one?

Rides
    As above, if your mot runs out before 31st then you have to get your mot now. After that it's waived. I'm MOTing today and tomorrow and then I'm off.

Rides
    What if I didn't have an MOT to begin with?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    What if I didn't have an MOT to begin with?
    Then you're screwed unless an MOT station is open. I doubt they're going to close all of them as still require mechanics to keep key workers moving so.

Rides
    my MOT is due on the 31st, Bangernomics wins again.

Rides
    After a internet and staff lambasting our company has finally decided to stop planned works....

It has definatley highlighted who in upper management is a cock, and demonstrated that a final salary pension makes you a yes man without morals....

After about 100 complaints just in stoke in 24hrs, they realised people who are isolated are not happy be without power for the day so we can give the trees a little trim.... not to mention that we would be grouped together 20 odd at a time... they will last a month.

Faults and safety calls only

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    It has definatley highlighted who in upper management is a cock, and demonstrated that a final salary pension makes you a yes man without morals....
    I've been saying to my boss about this whole situation - what it's proven to me is that there a lot of people in upper echelons stealing a living. It's sort of noticeable in ordinary every day life, but when things go to shit they're suddenly overwhelmed and all the cracks turn into canyons. I've got 6-7 financial partners and I'm watching 4-5 of them tank terribly whilst 2-3 of them are getting a handle on it and keeping everyone afloat. It's like when the SAS take the crew out on mission and know who's going to flake out first.

Rides
    I got only 1 cream bun today, although i did help it a long with a cream long lemon thing as well.
    However disaster, the person at the shop said thats them closed after this for however...

How am i going to get my buns now? this is awful i am thinking of taking a picture of it and putting it on the wall to remind me of happier times.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    How am i going to get my buns now? this is awful i am thinking of taking a picture of it and putting it on the wall to remind me of happier times.
    Happier times when you couldn't buy any because they sold out before you could be bothered to go to the bun shop????

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I got only 1 cream bun today, although i did help it a long with a cream long lemon thing as well.
    However disaster, the person at the shop said thats them closed after this for however...

Hang on,

You thought you May have had it, so shouldn’t you be self isolating for 3 weeks after final symptoms?

Then again you know when you have had it, I was bed ridden for 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I think everyone should go back to work and we should carry on as normal like sweden, there are too many snowflakes in positions of power.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...om&amp_tf=From %251%24s

Keep calm and carry on.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I think everyone should go back to work and we should carry on as normal like sweden, there are too many snowflakes in positions of power.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...e.com&_tf=From %251%24s

Keep calm and carry on.....
    Sweden isn't really representative. They have a younger median population than the UK and the population density is less than a quarter. It would make sense they've not placed as many restrictions as yet; a) they're not at our level of curve yet and b) they're not likely to have as rapid a transmission rate as we are.

You're also wrong in that they're not carrying on as normal.

Rides
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Interesting maps and stats here BTW

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Hang on,

You thought you May have had it, so shouldn’t you be self isolating for 3 weeks after final symptoms?
    k
    Yeah and i will be de-self-isolating as soon as i need food or fuel.
    If my tummy rumbles it needs a bun.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Sweden isn't really representative. They have a younger median population than the UK and the population density is less than a quarter. It would make sense they've not placed as many restrictions as yet; a) they're not at our level of curve yet and b) they're not likely to have as rapid a transmission rate as we are.

You're also wrong in that they're not carrying on as normal.
    I didn't say Sweden was representative, everyone is going to work and the nightclubs, pubs and restaurants are open, Sweden have basically said it is not prepared to take such drastic measures that will have a small effect on the epidemic at a cost of losing a functioning society.

If we have a long lockdown there will be no businesses and no jobs to go back to when this is over the UK could be bankrupt, we are not any way near self sufficient, more people could die after the pandemic than during the epidemic because of poverty, homelessness, lack of food, crime ect.
    The people that could die after the pandemic would have a younger median age than the people that could die during the epidemic, this would be a double knock to our productivity and birth rate.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 26-03-2020 at 20:04.